Sign in to follow this  
dabeesta17

Damiere Byrd 2017 Season Outlook

Phenomenal production this week.. So glad I started him and congrats to others who did. If Shepard or Funchess is injured next week, he could have potential. 

Edited by gimme the ball

hmm, like what I saw yesterday. TD dependent with only 25 yards however.

1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

hmm, like what I saw yesterday. TD dependent with only 25 yards however.

Odd script for a small speedster....

4 minutes ago, throwaway9614 said:

Anyone firing him up week 16?

You know, I think he will probably do better than Funchess. I think Cam likes the quick short throws to guys who can run for the yards more than having to throw downfield to a slower Funchess hoping he gets separation. 

Snap counts last three weeks: 40.4%, 59.4%, 66.2%. 

I like that trend. Plus, Funchess is nicked up (Not practicing as of Wednesday.) TB was a great matchup before their starting S and CB went on IR this week. CAR playing for playoff spot/division. It's all lining up for a big game.

55 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Snap counts last three weeks: 40.4%, 59.4%, 66.2%. 

I like that trend. Plus, Funchess is nicked up (Not practicing as of Wednesday.) TB was a great matchup before their starting S and CB went on IR this week. CAR playing for playoff spot/division. It's all lining up for a big game.

My gut is telling me this kid will outperform Funchess.

Edited by phizzics
AC content removed

If Funchess sits, I think I might roll Byrd over Goodwin and Keelan Cole.  If Funchess were to sit, who else do they have?

Just now, Fort4242 said:

If Funchess sits, I think I might roll Byrd over Goodwin and Keelan Cole.  If Funchess were to sit, who else do they have?

Funchess wont sit.....he just isn’t practicing like many vets who are hobbled. You are getting way ahead of yourself here. In fact, I think having Fun there may help Byrd so that he doesn’t become number one WR. 

3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Funchess wont sit.....he just isn’t practicing like many vets who are hobbled. You are getting way ahead of yourself here. In fact, I think having Fun there may help Byrd so that he doesn’t become number one WR. 

Olson is there drawing the most attention.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Olson is there drawing the most attention.

That is incorrect.  Olsen also benefits from the attention Funchess draws.

After Minn game:

“(Byrd’s) quickness is something that really helps us,” Carolina coach Ron Rivera said. “It opens up some stuff for him and not just him, but people around him. We will continue to work with him and watch him grow as a player. But again, he’s very quick, very fast, and is a guy we have to continue to expand his role in what he does for us.”

I wasn’t considering him but I am starting to warm up to the idea.  I’m in the finals but my WR situation is bad without AB.  I’d put Golladay in the same category but Byrd has less competition. 

19 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Is he handling all PR/KR duties now too?  Or is CAR running a mixed rotation on special teams?

He's not listed on the depth chart but has two kickoff returns in each of the last two games. Clay and Whittaker, who are listed, have none.

Am I crazy to start Byrd as boom or bust WR3?  Home game vs slow and banged up Tampa secondary vs. 4.29 speedster who is second WR option coming off 2 TD game.  Snap count increasing every game.  Shepherd inactive.  Funchess not 100%.   McCoy and David back to help out vs Panthers run game.  David also able to help out vs. Olsen.  

My gut says and Byrd has a decent chance at another TD, or at least a long reception with 70+ total yards.  

Edited by Patsgofor6

20 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Lot of mouths to feed, Olsen, McCaffrey, Funch. 

Every team has a starting TE, WR1 and a pass catching RB.  Byrd is obviously 4th in line but the only the field stretcher (Funchess is more of an intermediate guy) against a slow defensive backfield.   I’m gojng with him, just hoping that for oncecthis season my WR3 gut is correct.