exaulz

Rhys Hoskins 2017 Outlook

15 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

The Phillies handled it exactly as they should have handled his promotion. 

This could be a Ryan Howard/Utley situation all over again with Hoskins and Kingery.  It worked out ok for the Phillies but they definitely didn't maximize those two and they may be doing the same with these two.

We are not worthy! 

What is really delightful is thinking about all these holier than thou fantasy website "experts who rank prospects either leaving Hoskins off their endless top 100 lists or having him listed way way down because a 1B is not valued as being important on these lists and he hits in a hitter friendly part in the minors and yadda yadda saber-yadda yap yap.  Why are 1B-men not important?  Because these "experts" tell us so.  And who are we mere mortals to question their judgement? (LOL he is already eligible for the OF next year too).

If Wild Thing above is willing to man up and eat crow (and props for him coming out and saying that) then these so-called "experts" should eat a whole flock of crows plus a few vultures thrown in.

Anyone who was following Hoskins' thread in the MILB Forum here knew he was going to be really good.  That he is so far not just really good but really great is icing on the cake.  Some of the guys who post in the MILB Forum really know their stuff and are far far better than these prospect website "experts" for sure.  That forum is really worth your time if you haven't stopped in there in the past.

He doesn't look bad in the outfield so far, either, which could be nice for staying OF-eligible past next year.  I still see them moving Joseph and making Hoskins the regular 1B, but it'd be nice to have the option to stick him in the corner infield for a game when guys are hurt or just to give them a break.

9 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

He doesn't look bad in the outfield so far, either, which could be nice for staying OF-eligible past next year.  I still see them moving Joseph and making Hoskins the regular 1B, but it'd be nice to have the option to stick him in the corner infield for a game when guys are hurt or just to give them a break.

Tony, what kind of numbers are you projecting for Hoskins for next season?

I stashed him to be my 1B of the future, he needs some 1B starts for next year eligibility too.

On 8/24/2017 at 1:41 PM, chud12 said:

olympics ice hockey again 1980 miracle GIF

Did not get a chance to bump this for hr number 10 so... 

4 hours ago, elrey said:

I stashed him to be my 1B of the future, he needs some 1B starts for next year eligibility too.

I believe if he is named the everyday 1B on the depth chart in 2018 he will get 1B by virtue of it being his primary position. 

Edited by ragrag

10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

We are not worthy! 

What is really delightful is thinking about all these holier than thou fantasy website "experts who rank prospects either leaving Hoskins off their endless top 100 lists or having him listed way way down because a 1B is not valued as being important on these lists and he hits in a hitter friendly part in the minors and yadda yadda saber-yadda yap yap.  Why are 1B-men not important?  Because these "experts" tell us so.  And who are we mere mortals to question their judgement? (LOL he is already eligible for the OF next year too).

If Wild Thing above is willing to man up and eat crow (and props for him coming out and saying that) then these so-called "experts" should eat a whole flock of crows plus a few vultures thrown in.

Anyone who was following Hoskins' thread in the MILB Forum here knew he was going to be really good.  That he is so far not just really good but really great is icing on the cake.  Some of the guys who post in the MILB Forum really know their stuff and are far far better than these prospect website "experts" for sure.  That forum is really worth your time if you haven't stopped in there in the past.

Ya, for real. Outsourcing ones judgment to some dude who built a website and knows SEO is no way to win. Go Rhys!

1 hour ago, WARrate said:

Next season Hoskins

.290-80-35-105-3

He's gonna be golden for obp leagues.

3 hours ago, WARrate said:

Next season Hoskins

.290-80-35-105-3

Seems like a pretty reasonable projection.

I'm cutting him though.  0-3 today so far. Such a disappointment... ;)

1 minute ago, MeanMachineMD said:

Just helped turn a triple play. What can't this guy do?

Steal bases, but I'm ok with that.

Just tied Griffey (and others lol) holy hell

edit nvm forgot about the double header

Edited by street sharks

You sir are RIDICULOUS! Where you lead, we will follow you to the fantasy baseball championship promise land.

*and takes his finger off the drop button* Alright, that's more like it... :D