Finally Detroit Wins

Kenyan Drake 2017 Season Outlook

Got stuck with Drake on the WW. The only thing I'm hoping is that Parker is going to return which will maybe open a few things up for Drake. Hopefully the offense is a little better overall too and Miami is able to move the ball more.

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

Not shocked at all that he would say this, in fact I would expect him to, uncertainty is a great motivator.

“Adam Gase is not naming a starting RB, because the Miami Dolphins don’t currently have one.”

I watched some of this kid in college. What he relied on there was great athleticism with elite surrounding talent at Alabama. He had major flaws in decision-making, smartness and overall "feel" for the game. Poor football IQ in short. Playing for the best team in college with a great oline they could hide his shortcomings and let him win with speed and acceleration. I just can't imagine him being able to carry the load for a team and make it work without his coaches pulling their hair, even less so in this dumpsterfire that is the 2017 Dolphins.

He is a classic COP and gadget player. Regarding the narrative he would take the early downs role and Damien Williams the third downs, I'm not even sure Adam Gase trusts him enough to let him handle even all early down work. But thing is Damien Williams is no world-beater either. They might just throw all day. This run game (and team) is not going to look good. At all. Absolutely not worth a high waiver claim or much more than a few FAAB dollars imo, let others go crazy.

2 hours ago, DezBryant88 said:

People said the same thing about Ju Ju and Martavis Bryant last week. 

Crazy s--- happens when opportunity presents itself. 

What a horrible comparison. Juju and Martavis are good. Martavis, even, has some NFL track record. Plenty of us have actually watched Drake play. He looked unimpressive in college and in the pros for reasons I already cited, and Miami is terrible. 

8 minutes ago, Alconbury said:

I watched some of this kid in college. What he relied on there was great athleticism with elite surrounding talent at Alabama. He had major flaws in decision-making, smartness and overall "feel" for the game. Poor football IQ in short. Playing for the best team in college with a great oline they could hide his shortcomings and let him win with speed and acceleration. I just can't imagine him being able to carry the load for a team and make it work without his coaches pulling their hair, even less so in this dumpsterfire that is the 2017 Dolphins.

He is a classic COP and gadget player. Regarding the narrative he would take the early downs role and Damien Williams the third downs, I'm not even sure Adam Gase trusts him enough to let him handle even all early down work. But thing is Damien Williams is no world-beater either. They might just throw all day. This run game (and team) is not going to look good. At all. Absolutely not worth a high waiver claim or much more than a few FAAB dollars imo, let others go crazy.

Makes you wonder why they even drafted this scrub according to your analysis.

32 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

Meh. As far as starting RBs go, Drake would be bad, but Williams is one of the worst RBs in the NFL imo. I'd be shocked if he gets more carries than Drake ROS. 

Drake flashed signs of being a good RB last year when given time. Damien Williams is not an every down back

Drake also was the one running with the first teams during all those practices Ajayi sat out. 

(I root for this team. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment)

Just my observations, but to me Drake is the back to own in Miami.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Because he is a great athlete.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I guess they saw value in having a good COP for a committee and his special teams ability. Might still have been a reach in the third but front offices make bad picks all the time.

So if Williams ends up being named the starter, are you holding onto this guy? Or with the FF season winding down, do you drop Drake for Williams?

2 minutes ago, Alconbury said:

I guess they saw value in having a good COP for a committee and his special teams ability. Might still have been a reach in the third but front offices make bad picks all the time.

Damien williams was on the roster as the cop back when drake was drafted. So a 3rd round pick for a backup cop and special teams guy? 

Sounds legit.

17 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

What a horrible comparison. Juju and Martavis are good. Martavis, even, has some NFL track record. Plenty of us have actually watched Drake play. He looked unimpressive in college and in the pros for reasons I already cited, and Miami is terrible. 

Again it’s not me comparing the two players.. It’s me comparing the comment of “if so and so couldn’t do it (Martavis, Ajayi) what makes you think (Ju Ju, Drake) can?”

Thats not how people should look at fantasy football. It doesn’t matter what the last guy did it matters what the next man up does. 

people need to get excited. this kid has wheels and can catch passes. he'll be on the field a good amount.

what more do you want. 

Edited by LyondellBasell

1 minute ago, LyondellBasell said:

people need to get excited. this kid has wheels and can catch passes. he'll be on the field a good amount.

what more do you want. 

It’s hard to get excited with the uncertainty.  These types of pick ups usually don’t pan out. I could see him going for 7/31/0 easily and getting out touched by Williams. 

Disclaimer: I own Drake but I’m just pessimistic about the situation.  I hope I’m wrong because God knows I need a serviceable RB2 with the loss of Zeke. 

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Damien williams was on the roster as the cop back when drake was drafted. So a 3rd round pick for a backup cop and special teams guy? 

Sounds legit.

Oh I can see them drafting another upside alternative at that point with Damien Williams sporting a sub-3.5 ypc over his first two seasons. Especially with Kenyan Drake being an explosive returner as well, special teams is a quite big part of real football you know. He is a playmaker, I'm absolutely not saying he's trash, I just highly question his ability as a lead back from what I have seen.

And as I said, front offices make bad picks all the time. Remember Robert Aguayo going in the second? Probably the epitome of reach.

40 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sounds legit.

Uh, why are you implying teams have never used 3rd round picks (higher picks, in fact) on change of pace backs? 

2 minutes ago, Alconbury said:

Oh I can see them drafting another upside alternative at that point with Damien Williams sporting a sub-3.5 ypc over his first two seasons. Especially with Kenyan Drake being an explosive returner as well, special teams is a quite big part of real football you know. He is a playmaker, I'm absolutely not saying he's trash, I just highly question his ability as a lead back from what I have seen.

And as I said, front offices make bad picks all the time. Remember Robert Aguayo going in the second? Probably the epitome of reach.

I understand what you are saying but Gase has only drafted 1 RB during his stint as an nfl head coach and that was kenyan drake. 

I think drake gets the first shot, from there we will see if you are right or not.

Just now, miasma16 said:

Uh, why are you implying teams have never used 3rd round picks (higher picks, in fact) on change of pace backs? 

I didnt, why would you draft a backup cop guy?

Damien williams was already on the team.