flippy

James Harden 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, svtballa said:

This legit????

it was always a possibility. grade 2 strains usually take roughly 4-8 weeks from what I've seen.

I really hope not and with the D'Antoni Quote of 2 weeks, I was hoping for 3-5 weeks but if the rockets keep rolling and his recovery isn't going extremely well, he could be out for 6-8 weeks. There is no reason for Harden to rush back, unless he really want the MVP this year and/or the Rockets start sliding in the standings without him.

As I said above, trading for him makes sense if you're a lock for the playoffs, but otherwise Harden is a risky asset at this time. same goes for teams with Harden who risk missing the playoffs without him: trading him away should be a real option if you won't make the playoffs with him on your bench for 3-8 weeks.

I traded for him and if he's not back in 5-6 weeks, it may cost me my season

D'antoni said 2-4 weeks . Harden is THE Ironman. I'm possitive it's gonna be 4 weeks max absence

• Like 1

Just now, manolo_ said:

D'antoni said 2-4 weeks . Harden is THE Ironman. I'm possitive it's gonna be 4 weeks max absence

that is what I'm hoping for, but let's not ignore the possibility of a longer timetable

6-8 weeks would put him out until March. and then he'll have to get back to speed and practice. What do you think his value will be coming back right before playoffs? Would he be worth trading early 2nd and 3rd round value for him?

We need more info on his timetable and have to assume it's 2-4 weeks when analyzing trade value. Josh Richardson and Spencer Dinwiddle was just accepted (and vetoed) in my league for Harden because the owner was convinced he would be missing Harden for 2 months.

The initial timetable was 2-4 weeks but as we all know hamstrings are tricky. I think you need to get 2nd-3rd round value back with also a mid round player. 

I don’t know what to do with him. Not knowing the exact time is really frustrating. I’m in 4th place in a very competitive 12 team league no room for errors. I’m thinking pulling this Harden, Schroder, Ibaka for Jrue Holiday, Lowry & Porter

Harden owner offered me harden and turner for Jokic and dame. If I knew he’d be back in 4 weeks I’d feel a lot better about hitting accept 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 10:23 PM, sya said:

i hope this injury won't prevent harden from winning the MVP this season. he really deserves to win one, he has been the most consistent NBA player in the regular season over the past 4 years and deserves to win this hardware after finishing runner-up so many times

If he's out for a considerable amount of time, AND Houston keeps winning, he shouldn't win MVP. 

3 minutes ago, crocp said:

Dont like the face hes making in that pic :(

Well me neither... But as long as he's back at the beginning of February that's fine by me. I rather have him 100% healthy and ready to tear it up in Fantasy playoffs!

Edited by Brandayz

Just now, Brandayz said:

Well me neither... But as long as he's back at the beginning of February that's fine by me. I rather have him 100% healthy and ready to tear it up in Fantasy playoffs!

Me too....I can wait 2-3 more weeks easily......then we can go back to the back to back 50+ games :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

OH yes! get well soon

that's the face Gallo made when he tore both buttocks :D

4 hours ago, Brandayz said:

nah, that face is normal for the exercise he is doing. try holding that exact pose and your face will be exactly the same after 3 minutes, even at perfect health

James Harden (hamstring) was able to get up some shots at shootaround on Wednesday.

Head coach Mike D'Antoni said that Harden has looked "really good" as he continues his rehab from the Grade 2 hamstring strain, and members of Harden's camp have indicated that he could be back "soon, anytime next week," so maybe he'll return at the end of his initial two-week timetable. In the meantime, Chris Paul, Eric Gordon and Gerald Green will continue to pick up the slack in his absence.

If he comes back next week, I feel bad for the people who traded him too quickly 

• Haha 1

Crazy! I own him and Teague and both are potentially returning much earlier than expected. Hope their medical staffs are correct and not rushing them back.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, reverb said:

Crazy! I own him and Teague and both are potentially returning much earlier than expected. Hope their medical staffs are correct and not rushing them back.

Exactly the same as me. I have more faith in Harden as the dude is a freak. Teague might be too soon.

I really hope we get an update today about tomorrow, since in yahoo you need to take him off your IR today if you want him available for tomorrow.

There's a lot of guys (most guys) that I wouldn't play on their first game back from an injury.  James Harden is not one of those guys.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I really hope we get an update today about tomorrow, since in yahoo you need to take him off your IR today if you want him available for tomorrow.

There's a lot of guys (most guys) that I wouldn't play on their first game back from an injury.  James Harden is not one of those guys.