lolcopter

Commissioner's Corner (2017 Edition)

10 minutes ago, bro-lo el cunado said:

I'm the commish in a 12 team league also. We do three divisions of 4 teams. You play your division rivals twice. Then with the 14 week regular season you play every other team once.

when I create the schedule all division games are played on the same 6 weeks to make my life easier and I always make 2 of the first three weeks and the last two regular season weeks division bc there are no byes then

yeah I'm in another 12 league with the same thing. Division first 3 weeks, everyone else once, then division last 3 weeks. I just don't know how to actually get it that way on the site myself lol

Edited by vthokie3

15 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

yeah I'm in another 12 league with the same thing. Division first 3 weeks, everyone else once, then division last 3 weeks. I just don't know how to actually get it that way on the site myself lol

I am on ESPN so you are able to edit the league schedule yourself

Just now, bro-lo el cunado said:

I am on ESPN so you are able to edit the league schedule yourself

same haha I just figured it out. I knew I could edit the schedule but wasn't sure how to come up with who played who when outside of the 6 division games but I found a site that creates a schedule for you, now I putting it in manually. thanks!

2 hours ago, bro-lo el cunado said:

I'm the commish in a 12 team league also. We do three divisions of 4 teams. You play your division rivals twice. Then with the 14 week regular season you play every other team once.

when I create the schedule all division games are played on the same 6 weeks to make my life easier and I always make 2 of the first three weeks and the last two regular season weeks division bc there are no byes then

I am not a fan of divisions ... I am a one division guy. The cream rises to the top and the only way to make it rise is play in a one division league.

I seen division champions with a losing record make the playoffs because there division is lousy

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I am not a fan of divisions ... I am a one division guy. The cream rises to the top and the only way to make it rise is play in a one division league.

I seen division champions with a losing record make the playoffs because there division is lousy

Yeah I've never understood having divisions.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

We have 14 teams and 8 teams make the dance. 

We have two divisions but it's just for division title stats and bragging rights, the 8 best records make it, with total points for season scored being the tie breaker. 

bit of a dilema:  Owners of Spencer Ware, and Cam Meredith asked to have there players removed from their keeper list.  Our draft is this thursday.  Keepers were due 2 weeks ago(dumb decision in hindsight)  Part of me is ok with this, as this league is for fun and some money, and 9 of the owners are ok with this.  We do have 2 owners that said tough.  They should stay drafted, at there keeper cost.  Thoughts???

I'd say stick with what the league agreed to in advance unless it's unanimous (although nothing wrong with trying to convince them IMO).  And definitely change when your keepers are due relative to the draft next year.  

1 hour ago, teambacanovic said:

bit of a dilema:  Owners of Spencer Ware, and Cam Meredith asked to have there players removed from their keeper list.  Our draft is this thursday.  Keepers were due 2 weeks ago(dumb decision in hindsight)  Part of me is ok with this, as this league is for fun and some money, and 9 of the owners are ok with this.  We do have 2 owners that said tough.  They should stay drafted, at there keeper cost.  Thoughts???

It sounds like an unfortunate situation, but if this is how things have been in the past, they are pretty much stuck with it.  Moving forward though, either move the keeper deadline closer to the draft date or allow teams to change keepers before the draft if there has been a significant injury.  For example, one of my leagues allows a team to potential call back two players they cut off there roster, if one of their keepers was significantly injured during roster lock.  

I need help guys..my 12 team redraft league collapsed into a ten team league. We normally play 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex, dst, kicker..I still want to keep the league competitive though. I was thinking of adding a flex spot and a bench spot..will that be enough? What are your thoughts to keep it competitive? Thanks guys!

5 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

I need help guys..my 12 team redraft league collapsed into a ten team league. We normally play 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex, dst, kicker..I still want to keep the league competitive though. I was thinking of adding a flex spot and a bench spot..will that be enough? What are your thoughts to keep it competitive? Thanks guys!

I'd add the flex at minimum. 

I love yahoo settings and don't do anything else. 

3 wr, 2 rb, TE, flex (wr, RB, or TE) 

Obviously your call tho 

22 hours ago, teambacanovic said:

Dumb rule that should be changed IMO. I'd personally change it today. Have keepers lock on draft day. Of course the 2 are saying that cause they've likely been unaffected and want an advantage, but you shouldn't put the other teams that far behind the 8 ball before the season starts IMO

10 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'd add the flex at minimum. 

I love yahoo settings and don't do anything else. 

3 wr, 2 rb, TE, flex (wr, RB, or TE) 

Obviously your call tho 

Would adding a wr and a flex slot be too much though?

To all my fellow commissioners out there... 

What's your favorite feature of your league and why? 

Thanks in advance. 

I just vetoed a trade that caused the two league managers involved to rage quit the league.

Team A tried trading away Julius Thomas and Eli Manning to Team B for Leveon Bell and Stefon Diggs.

I said this trade is lopsided and they both got emotionally unstable and called me bad words and told me cram the league.

They called me biased and Goodell too lol.

I changed the settings to league vote for trades, don't know if these crybabies drama queens will come back to the league though.

Was i wrong?

How do they not see this has a massively lopsided dumb trade?

2 hours ago, pdog109 said:

I just vetoed a trade that caused the two league managers involved to rage quit the league.

Team A tried trading away Julius Thomas and Eli Manning to Team B for Leveon Bell and Stefon Diggs.

I said this trade is lopsided and they both got emotionally unstable and called me bad words and told me cram the league.

I changed the settings to league vote for trades, don't know if these crybabies drama queens will come back to the league though.

Was i wrong?

I dont see any wrong in this veto. This is why as a commish you have the veto power. Question what were the reasonings behind the trade, did they try to justify it at all? Is this a money league? Are they friends?

I have this happen every year with a set of brothers, and every year same outcome. Once one is eliminated they try and trade their best players for garbage to each other. I get called Goodell every year by them ha.

On 8/27/2017 at 6:39 PM, dmb3684 said:

Agree, Divisions are an instance of people trying to use a real world concept (and one quite frankly thats out-dated) and plug it into their fantasy game.  We go 1 division, top 6 make the playoffs, top 2 get bye first week, last two spots are overall points regardless of record. 

3 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Was i wrong?

We do an auction keeper league, also involving college guys, kind of a minor league draft which we do ahead of the auction (only 1 round) but it creates scarcity we are 12-teams with 8 bench spots and no K or DEF, so each team is taking 16 combined QB, TE, WR, RB and its a 1QB league, Diggs and Bell were both kept, for a combined $76.  Manning and Thomas were available for the auction, where they went for a combined $3.  

If Bell and Diggs were in the the auction, they go for at least 90.  So 90 vs 3 and these guys wonder what the issue is?  

16 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Dumb rule that should be changed IMO. I'd personally change it today. Have keepers lock on draft day. Of course the 2 are saying that cause they've likely been unaffected and want an advantage, but you shouldn't put the other teams that far behind the 8 ball before the season starts IMO

Agree, we have rules in both our baseball and football keeper leagues that if there is a status change (injury, retirement, suspension) between the time keepers are due and the auction that those owners can drop said keepers, they cant replace them, but they can drop them.  But...if you are an idiot and keep a guy you shouldnt have kept when they realize other peoples keepers, like one guy kept a 2nd QB for $18 this year...you cant see everyone elses then change if that makes sense.  

On 8/27/2017 at 6:39 PM, dmb3684 said:

The best way to deal with this is a 14-team league where everyone plays a true round robin weeks 1-13.  No divisions; single table.  It's pure.

3 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Was i wrong?

Yeah, you gotta veto that.  The season hasn't even started and Team A is giving up what, 2 10+ round guys in the draft, for Team B's 1st rounder and another going in the top 5 rounds.

10 hours ago, sneer said:

I dont see any wrong in this veto. This is why as a commish you have the veto power. Question what were the reasonings behind the trade, did they try to justify it at all? Is this a money league? Are they friends?

I have this happen every year with a set of brothers, and every year same outcome. Once one is eliminated they try and trade their best players for garbage to each other. I get called Goodell every year by them ha.

Free work league. The team giving away Bell and Diggs said he needed a back up TE and a QB. Yeah right, like theres ones not available on the wire.

When i was on vacation from work a co-worker not in the league told me they were plotting against me.

I guess this was part of the plan but its really a dumb trade to do and for them to act like this proves to me that they are just horrible people and i won't associate with them anymore.

1 hour ago, pdog109 said:

Free work league. The team giving away Bell and Diggs said he needed a back up TE and a QB. Yeah right, like theres ones not available on the wire.

When i was on vacation from work a co-worker not in the league told me they were plotting against me.

I guess this was part of the plan but its really a dumb trade to do and for them to act like this proves to me that they are just horrible people and i won't associate with them anymore.

Try not to let fantasy cross into reality too much. It's tough, I know, cause fantasy is so awesome and a real break from real life garbage for most of us. 

But... Google fantasy football fights... Watch a few, reflect, then let yourself know that it's not worth it. 

If they quit, they quit. Replace them and move on. Pleasing fantasy assholes becomes a very difficult and annoying task. 

10 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

The best way to deal with this is a 14-team league where everyone plays a true round robin weeks 1-13.  No divisions; single table.  It's pure.

No diggity... No doubt. Well said. We went to 14 for this reason.