hard1

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

I actually benched Smallwood for him, lacy is legit trash, this line is pretty bad maybe worse then gb was, Rawls is hurt and he won't be right let's face it, I like Cj but look like a cop. One long run and a few good series we have an rb1

15 minutes ago, SteadyTrollin said:

I actually benched Smallwood for him, lacy is legit trash, this line is pretty bad maybe worse then gb was, Rawls is hurt and he won't be right let's face it, I like Cj but look like a cop. One long run and a few good series we have an rb1

I must have fallen asleep and woken up in an alternate universe 

17 minutes ago, SteadyTrollin said:

Can we change the title of this thread to "How to talk yourself into anything".

4 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

The defense is too good to come out and let the Pack jump way out ahead of them, so they are gonna run. Prosise will be the 3rd down guy but Carson can catch the ball too. Lacy will start but will probably be sucking wind in short order. I say Carson gets about 40 carries for 375 yards and 5 tds.

What about the 2nd half?

1. What is everyone's thoughts about this guy after yesterday's performance.? Seahawks offense didn't look that great TBH

17 hours ago, Jordan23 said:

Starting.  Should have grabbed him before pickup

Is he worth starting?  Are any Seattle backs going to be fantasy relevant this year?

1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:
  1. What is everyone's thoughts about this guy after yesterday's performance.? Seahawks offense didn't look that great TBH

He looks fantastic. He was the first guy behind RW on the opening play, and they went to him at the end of the game. Lacy is just awful, and he continues to be absolutely pedestrian. With this OL, they need someone who can shake defenders and keep them honest. Lacy is not the answer (no where near electric enough) and Rawls will likely be the same.

I think he could be looked at as a start this next week, and could easily have a touchdown through the air.

Chris Carson played 26-of-49 snaps in the Seahawks' Week 1 loss to the Packers.
C.J. Prosise played 16 while Eddie Lacy was left in the dust with seven. Carson was also the most effective of the trio, rushing six times for 39 yards. Thomas Rawls should get his crack at the starting job once he returns from injury, which could be as early as this week, but Carson has staked his claim as at worst the No. 2 back. He needs to be added in all leagues.

Edited by chud12

Didn't see the whole game, but Carson looked good out there.  Rushing, receiving, even saw a nice block in pass pro down near the endzone (maybe the play where Jimmy Graham got mauled, not sure).  Hope nobody needs to plug him in next week, but things are developing nicely, right on schedule.

Edited by dogfightgiggle

I own Carson, but it's going to be a struggle for him to become startable. Rawls will be back at some point, and Prosise will get healthier. Even if Carsons better than the other backs (not saying he is or isnt'), Lacy Rawls Prosise are all good enough to play some sort of role. It's not like Carson is head and shoulders above them. Plus, that Seattle o-line is terrible. I hope he ends up being a solid ppr back, but not holding my breath. 

13 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He looks fantastic. He was the first guy behind RW on the opening play, and they went to him at the end of the game. Lacy is just awful, and he continues to be absolutely pedestrian. With this OL, they need someone who can shake defenders and keep them honest. Lacy is not the answer (no where near electric enough) and Rawls will likely be the same.

I think he could be looked at as a start this next week, and could easily have a touchdown through the air.

I like the way he runs... there was one play that looked like he was going to lose like 10 yards but turned it into a 3 yard gain...it was awesome

8 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

I own Carson, but it's going to be a struggle for him to become startable. Rawls will be back at some point, and Prosise will get healthier. Even if Carsons better than the other backs (not saying he is or isnt'), Lacy Rawls Prosise are all good enough to play some sort of role. It's not like Carson is head and shoulders above them. Plus, that Seattle o-line is terrible. I hope he ends up being a solid ppr back, but not holding my breath. 

I think we're playing the long game. Carson will need a few games to show that he's the most talented/effective back in Seattle. It will be a committee until it isn't. 

8 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

All it takes is another dinger and Rawls is out for 4-5 weeks. The way the Hawks lost yesterday should be telling of what they expect in this backfield. If Prosise was the answer, he would have been in there, regardless of his health. Carroll saw Carson as the best chance to get back in the game, and his performance both running and catching and blocking speaks volumes.

By week 4-5 I expect him to be completely the go-to back in this offense. The only question is if he can continue to make something of nothing with this porous O-Line.

5 minutes ago, Steelers0087 said:

Positives: Carson started the game yesterday and received the only goal line carry of the game.

Negative: Rawls coming back? + O-line

I'll add in another positive:

Lacy sucks

CC is a solid stash and see for me as the RB wire options are nonexistent.

Anyone who thinks that Thomas Rawls won't be the bona fide starter and that Carson is going to steal a mass majority of the carries once Rawls is healthy.. well... you're going to be sadly mistaken.

3 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I'll add in another positive:

Lacy sucks

CC is a solid stash and see for me as the RB wire options are nonexistent.

I def think Cohen is the WW add of the week....but Carson is def a nice stash as he can tote the rock!

1 minute ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Anyone who thinks that Thomas Rawls won't be the bona fide starter and that Carson is going to steal a mass majority of the carries once Rawls is healthy.. well... you're going to be sadly mistaken.

Only time will tell. They can't ignore what Carson did yesterday, considering how awful the rest of the offense looked.

1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:

I def think Cohen is the WW add of the week....but Carson is def a nice stash as he can tote the rock!

Agree on Cohen. Kamara close 2nd though I think.

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Only time will tell. They can't ignore what Carson did yesterday, considering how awful the rest of the offense looked.

He had 39 yards rushing - 9 yards rushing on 5 carries.  He had one very nice run.