hard1

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

:D okay, you all want to crown him?  Go ahead.  I'll check back in in a couple weeks and we will see.  I've got no problem eating crow, hope you all can say the same.

Do you own Carson?

I’m starting Carson this week.  While his fantasy numbers were not great last week, he scored.  Which alleviates my fear Rawls was going to poach his TDs.  He’s also getting a little work in the passing game...

He’s serviceable as an RB2.  He doesn’t have great upside, but a 10pts floor isn’t bad.

25 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I’m starting Carson this week.  While his fantasy numbers were not great last week, he scored.  Which alleviates my fear Rawls was going to poach his TDs.  He’s also getting a little work in the passing game...

He’s serviceable as an RB2.  He doesn’t have great upside, but a 10pts floor isn’t bad.

Carson could still get TDs poached. His TD was a 10 yard reception. Not a 2 yard rush. I'd like to think Carson is the sure-fire GL back but who knows. They may just throw Fat Lacy out there to plop his way into the end zone. Plus this is the Seahawks and they still like to pass. When they got to the TEN 4, they went pass to Baldwin, pass to Graham and then pass to Baldwin for the TD. As a Baldwin owner, great! As a Carson owner, smh.

2 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Carson could still get TDs poached. His TD was a 10 yard reception. Not a 2 yard rush. I'd like to think Carson is the sure-fire GL back but who knows. They may just throw Fat Lacy out there to plop his way into the end zone. Plus this is the Seahawks and they still like to pass. When they got to the TEN 4, they went pass to Baldwin, pass to Graham and then pass to Baldwin for the TD. As a Baldwin owner, great! As a Carson owner, smh.

They used Carson more exclusively as the game went on. 

43 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

Guy is going to eat vs. the Colts. I think this week is the true coming out party. 

Prime time game, at home, against Colts D.  I agree.  If he can't do it this week, don't know when he would.

Colts actually have decent to good run defense, but he's pretty much lock and loaded in one of my lineups because of injuries.  I think he's only going to get better with time.

50 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

Guy is going to eat vs. the Colts. I think this week is the true coming out party. 

Absolutely. The Seahawks D is so strong at home. They'll strangle the Colts offense all game & the 4th quarter will belong to Carson running down the clock

1 hour ago, ESquared said:

Possibly, but I'd say this is a good indication of his goal line abilities.

only thing that is important is that Rawls and Lacy rode the pine all game.  his stats were just frosting,  his cemented role was the cake

3 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Possibly, but I'd say this is a good indication of his goal line abilities.

I was never doubting Carson's GL abilities.

Just saying that the Seahawks have a tendency to pass at the GL line - which has to aggravate Richard Sherman greatly - and that Carson has yet to score a rushing TD in the regular season, so you can't really say with 100% certainty that he will be the GL back. Odds are he will be but we've seen teams do irrational things when it comes to veteran RBs and rookies (like why do Jeremy Hill and Adrian Peterson steal touches away from Mixon and Kamara???)

Edited by ESquared

I really don't care about what Carson does right now. He's already clearly the main back.

What I'm excited for is when SEA picks it up in the 2nd half of the year like they always do. That is when I want him. They're gonna be scoring a lot and he;s going to have a ton of red zone touches.

not sure if mentioned but C.J. Prosise is listed as 'questionable' with an ankle injury 

fantasy pros has him at 16 for this week vs indy.

The guy is a rock solid RB2 right now and shouldnt be on any waiver wires. The bar for RB2 is pretty low these days.  The 12th most carries last week was 17 carries (in week 2 it was just 15) So if we're judging an rb2 as someone that is RB 13-24,  you pretty much just need double digit carries to be in the consideration. This wasn't always the case, but it is now.  

Maybe you have two great running backs, and thats great for you, but if you can bank on a guy getting 10-12 carries on your team, thats an rb2 these days.  Of course, a better RB2 will be closer to 15-17.

Carson has really only been the main back the last two games , and he's averaging a shade over 15 carries in the last 2. 

Edited by brockpapersizer

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

fantasy pros has him at 16 for this week vs indy.

The guy is a rock solid RB2 right now and shouldnt be on any waiver wires. The bar for RB2 is pretty low these days.  The 12th most carries last week was 17 carries (in week 2 it was just 15) So if we're judging an rb2 as someone that is RB 13-24,  you pretty much just need double digit carries to be in the consideration. This wasn't always the case, but it is now.  

Maybe you have two great running backs, and thats great for you, but if you can bank on a guy getting 10-12 carries on your team, thats an rb2 these days.  Of course, a better RB2 will be closer to 15-17.

Carson has really only been the main back the last two games , and he's averaging a shade over 15 carries in the last 2. 

Low key though and I've brought this up before but people forget that Carson played more than 50% of the snaps in Week 1. Touches weren't there as much, he has the most but only 6, but he's actually been utilized enough for, as you put it, the low standard of RB2s at least in terms of Snap% for the past three weeks. All the weeks of hte season. 

1 hour ago, TexasBlueMoon said:

Safe to start this week? I heard the same about Buck Allen last week and got burned. 

I would say he is safer than Buck Allen this week for sure, I wouldn't be shocked if he was a let down of 14 carries for 40 yards though.

This week to me determines a lot for Carson. He "should" get a TD this week. I am flexing him over guys like Cohen and Garcon, but I wouldn't start him over any definite RB or WR.

You would like to believe that Petey Boy would want to use the Colts game to establish the prescence of his power running game and defense.

19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You would like to believe that Petey Boy would want to use the Colts game to establish the prescence of his power running game and defense.

Obviously Carroll is an unkown factor with what he will do. I just hooe he recognizes, like i think we all do, that their best offense is the one where chris carson starts and cj prosise is his cop back, rawles is carsons backup amd lacy is the 3rd string emergency back when active.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Obviously Carroll is an unkown factor with what he will do. I just hooe he recognizes, like i think we all do, that their best offense is the one where chris carson starts and cj prosise is his cop back, rawles is carsons backup amd lacy is the 3rd string emergency back when active.

It's hard to say, really. 

Sure, the offense did look really good this past week. But that was pretty much after the running game became a non-factor, so it's hard to gauge what Pete Carroll would do at this point. 

Edited by oliminator123

55 minutes ago, TexasBlueMoon said:

Safe to start this week? I heard the same about Buck Allen last week and got burned. 

thats fantasy football

I would feel ok for him to be my rb2 in a 12 team league, id feel good if it were a 14 team league, and great if any higher. (For this week)

Edited by brockpapersizer