Sign in to follow this  
burninglegs

Giovani Bernard 2017 season outlook

Back from ACL injury and supposedly had a great recovery and rehab and is back to 100%. Reports also state that he looks great in camp. RB53 ADP currently in PPR leagues on FFC. 

For a late round pick, he could be a solid RB roster depth for PPR leagues.

4 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I think he's got the most value of any of the Bengals RBs. He's a Flex as is with RB1 upside. 

There is no world in which he ends up a RB1, other than one where Mixon and Hill die.

Just now, petekrum said:

There is no world in which he ends up a RB1, other than one where Mixon and Hill die.

Missed out on Giovani in your draft?

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

Missed out on Giovani in your draft?

If so, he may still be available on the waiver wire like he is in both my leagues.

Can't agree with RB1 upside even in a 20-team league. He's on the waiver wire in most of my leagues too, though I do think he's worth rostering in a 12-team 0.5/1 ppr.

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

I think he's got the most value of any of the Bengals RBs. He's a Flex as is with RB1 upside. 

Eh, maybe RB2 upside. MAYBE

55 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Eh, maybe RB2 upside. MAYBE

That's still pushing the optimism buddy....but doubtful.   

On 2017-09-03 at 4:24 PM, petekrum said:

He's bye week filler at best.

And likely only really in PPR leagues.  3rd option on his own team, coming off an ACL injury, pretty much relegated to passing downs and a bit of mop-up duty.

Gio was a borderline RB2 last season before his injury. I really don't think the addition of Mixon takes away many of his touches. He is the Bengals passing/3rd down back and I doubt that's going to change. Mixon will take Hills snaps, not Gio's. I think that was evident in the Bengals 3rd preseason game, where Bernard looked healthy and like his old self.

Bernard led the backfield in touches last week.  Is he worth a roster spot?   Could it be when the Bengals start scoring some points then he could have better games?

Edited by nk3323

7 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

Bernard led the backfield in touches last week.  Is he worth a roster spot?   Could it be when the Bengals start scoring some points then he could have better games?

I like him as a bench guy in PPR leagues. He's not someone I'd ever want to start, but he's a serviceable plug-in during byes / when dealing with injuries. I imagine he'll still have a similar role even after Mixon's ascension, if it ever happens.

17 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

If the Bengals continue playing the way they did, then yes. I think that's the only reason he got so many touches. I agree with Vendetta though & put in a waiver for him because I have nobody at RB in my Yahoo league.

Edited by jd from da 80s

I don't know what to make of Gio this season. The whole Bengals offense has looked like a dumpster fire the past two weeks, but getting rid of the OC may finally give them life. I believe in Gio's talent, and think he'll retain his third-down/passing back role if/when Mixon ascends, but the outlook is certainly cloudy right now. For now, he's non-startable bench depth in PPR, and waiver wire fodder in standard. 

2 minutes ago, Mek Daddy said:

I don't know what to make of Gio this season. The whole Bengals offense has looked like a dumpster fire the past two weeks, but getting rid of the OC may finally give them life. I believe in Gio's talent, and think he'll retain his third-down/passing back role if/when Mixon ascends, but the outlook is certainly cloudy right now. For now, he's non-startable bench depth in PPR, and waiver wire fodder in standard. 

it's a good thing that he out snapped hill/mixon though so there is that

4 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

it's a good thing that he out snapped hill/mixon though so there is that

Oh wow, didn't realize that he did this week as well - that's two weeks in a row. Might be a decent buy-low candidate if this offense turns around. 

I don't think a flier on Gio is all that crazy. He might be available in many leagues. With so much unknown in CIN, a veteran with proven playmaking ability (PPR production) might be just what a new coordinator needs. They will definitely improve and get their act together, there's too much talent and history there. So which RB will be a part of it?

Feel like in 5 weeks we could be sitting here saying we should've seen Gio emerge as he often has.

Anything to see here? Leading this backfield in points. I get his receiving yardage from last week is a little skewed, but he is getting it done so far.

Edited by Brettg57

He's gonna be a solid flex going forward. Gets some RZ touches and 3rd downs on an offense that is starting to warm up.

Does he get a good share of touches this week after the rookie popped off? There might be something to see here for one week against a bad defense. 

Jeremy Hill going down get him back involved? he only needs 10-12 touches a game to be do some damage

Edited by stevekerr01