jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

CAR is home for entire fantasy playoffs. 

Min

GB

TB

If they’re available or get dropped ahead of their wk 11 bye, you could do much worse during your playoff run. 

I got the bears too. But due to bye weeks, Philly and Balt were dropped. Balt plays Cle and Ind in weeks 15 and 16, so great matchups there. Week 14 vs Pitt is meh though. 

Debating on either of those vs Bears

Everyone should pick up Ravens right now, they have the #1 schedule RoS and during playoffs according to the numbers, and they're ona  bye right now so they can be snagged, Green bay week 11 then the only iffy matchups after that are detroit and Pittsburg:

image.png.870a79fcdfd3db901918f437c362ab93.png

2 minutes ago, BrokeLoser said:

Why not Lions or Vikings fellas?

Weeks 14-17

Vikings:

Panthers

Bengals

Packers

Bears

Lions:

Buccaneers

Bears

Bengals

Packers

Ravens:

Steelers

Browns

Colts

Bengals 

All decently nice schedules. Vikings are 15th avg scoring in my league, Ravens 3rd, Lions 4th. Ravens crushed Bengals and Browns earlier this year, which makes me perfer them a bit. 

image.png

34 minutes ago, Joelioli said:

Everyone should pick up Ravens right now, they have the #1 schedule RoS and during playoffs according to the numbers, and they're ona  bye right now so they can be snagged, Green bay week 11 then the only iffy matchups after that are detroit and Pittsburg:

image.png.870a79fcdfd3db901918f437c362ab93.png

Weeks 13 and 14 are not very enticing. If you can platoon with another D/ST until Week 15 and 16, then you are set.

41 minutes ago, Braves16 said:

CAR is home for entire fantasy playoffs. 

Min

GB

TB

If they’re available or get dropped ahead of their wk 11 bye, you could do much worse during your playoff run. 

That's what I decided to go with. Also had the option of the Bears but just preferred this weeks matchup.

Both are great choices.

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

These D are not on any waiver wires

True. Definitely keep an eye out though as more teams become desperate and become in a win every week mode. Owners tend to live by the week and drop where necessary, especially a D/ST.

1 hour ago, ukdesi said:

I got the bears too. But due to bye weeks, Philly and Balt were dropped. Balt plays Cle and Ind in weeks 15 and 16, so great matchups there. Week 14 vs Pitt is meh though. 

Debating on either of those vs Bears 

I've just settled on a bear + ravens combo to end the season, i think they complement each other very well. 10/13/14 are for the bears 11/12/15/17 for the ravens, week 16 you have to choose between chicago hosting cleveland or the ravens hosting indianapolis.

This post is for the folks who don't own the obvious touted D's being spouted on here that absolutely don't help you at all. 

There is always an underrated under-the-radar defense that comes out of nowhere.  Who is it this year?

I suspect Washington.  The ROS schedule is not bad at all.  If Zeke is suspended, even looking better.   

Minny

@Saints

Giants

@Cowboys

@Chargers

Cards

Broncos

9 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Why do people have the Giants DST ranked so low this week?  They're playing SF and Jenkins comes back this week.

Because their offense is a mess. Offenses are tied to defenses, being able to stay on the field so the defense wont get worn out...true story.

2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Lions have the best schedule from now all the way to the end.  Set it and forget it.

Actually, statistically it's Baltimore, then Pitt, then Jax ranked 1-3. Detroit is ranked 7 rest of season based on def points scored. 

21 minutes ago, Joelioli said:

Actually, statistically it's Baltimore, then Pitt, then Jax ranked 1-3. Detroit is ranked 7 rest of season based on def points scored. 

Can’t play Baltimore in a pivotal week 15. Josh Gordon will be in full swing by then. 

i snagged the Steelers off waivers on the bye week last week and managed to get the Bears on Wednesday. Sitting at 7-2 should have a nice playoff schedule if i can snag the first round bye.

Carolina Panthers have about as good as a playoff schedule as it gets. Weeks 14-16, ALL HOME games:
wk 14- MIN
wk15- GB

wk16- TB

They will feast on Green Bay and Tampa Bay. And even though the Vikings are decent, they will be at home still. Definitely holding on to them.