Sign in to follow this  
bgar15

Big Trade - Do I Hit Accept?

Recommended Posts

.5 PPR

 

I give: Gurley and Doug Baldwin

I get: Freeman and Larry Fitz

 

Should I pull the trigger?! Is the upgrade from Gurley to Freeman worth the downgrade from Baldwin to Fitz?

 

My squad

QB - Brees
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB -  Todd Gurley
WR - Doug Baldwin
WR - Golden Tate
FLEX - Martavis Bryant
TE - Ertz
D/ST - Pats

BENCH - Pierre Garcon, CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, Josh Doctson, Zay Jones, Shane Vereen, Alfred Morris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would probably do that

 

you have cj anderson who could do something and possibly be a full time flex letting you rotate bryant garcon fitz tate in the 2 WR spots and freeman is just so much safer than gurley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bgar15 said:

.5 PPR

 

I give: Gurley and Doug Baldwin

I get: Freeman and Larry Fitz

 

Should I pull the trigger?! Is the upgrade from Gurley to Freeman worth the downgrade from Baldwin to Fitz?

 

My squad

QB - Brees
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB -  Todd Gurley
WR - Doug Baldwin
WR - Golden Tate
FLEX - Martavis Bryant
TE - Ertz
D/ST - Pats

BENCH - Pierre Garcon, CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, Josh Doctson, Zay Jones, Shane Vereen, Alfred Morris

 

That Freeman Gordon backfield is nasty, and Fitz will be solid the first 4 weeks (weakest strength of sched). I'd say do it, play fitz and look for a trade for a borderline wr2 / wr1 involving fitz at week 4. For example if Luck misses time and Hilton gets off to a slow start, package fitz with someone to make a deal. Otherwise roll with the 2 rb1's and 4 solid WR2 options all season
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I would do that trade no question. RBs of Freeman's caliber are rare. To have 2 is a huge advantage. Fitz isn't as far behind Baldwin as some people might think. Especially with John Brown struggling again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely.  You're taking a very marginal hit at WR for what I see as a significant bump at RB.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that deal. Freeman will improve your backfield and old man Fitzgerald may not be as much of a downgrade as you think. He's had 100+ receptions and 1000+ yards in each of the last two seasons. The guy just won't go away. He has plenty of value in 0.5 PPR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it huge upgrade at rb with very little drop off at wr.... do it

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely. John Brown might not even play this year, so Fitz is going to feast in what may be he and Palmer's last year. Accept and don't look back.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keep your guys - look at fitz numbers- going down hill- he will be serviceable but baldwin way better than fitz and MUCH higher ceiling. i do like freeman though but the concussion issue is worrisome- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a Rams fan, and it appears as though their O Line still stinks.  I would do the deal, as much as I hate advocating trading away Gurley.  Despite his recent success, I never totally trust Seattle receivers (I see Richardson, Graham and Lockett being a bit more involved this year).  

Help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/660787-te-dilemmawhir/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mneel55 said:

keep your guys - look at fitz numbers- going down hill

 

Did you actually look at Larry's numbers yourself before posting this? I'm guessing you didn't.

 

The two highest reception totals (109, 107) and catch rates (75.2%, 71.3%) of his career came in 2015 and 2016 (hard to believe, but it's true). He also had more yards in each of those seasons than he had in any season between 2012-2014. It is quite clear that his numbers have been going uphill over the past couple seasons. Do I expect this to continue? No, I realize that's unlikely. But your post is simply erroneous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd do that trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

 

Did you actually look at Larry's numbers yourself before posting this? I'm guessing you didn't.

 

The two highest reception totals (109, 107) and catch rates (75.2%, 71.3%) of his career came in 2015 and 2016 (hard to believe, but it's true). He also had more yards in each of those seasons than he had in any season between 2012-2014. It is quite clear that his numbers have been going uphill over the past couple seasons. Do I expect this to continue? No, I realize that's unlikely. But your post is simply erroneous. 

look at YAC- steady going down hill. while I don't think fitz is horrible- and you showed 2015 and 2016 numbers .. so you think he tops those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mneel55 said:

look at YAC- steady going down hill. while I don't think fitz is horrible- and you showed 2015 and 2016 numbers .. so you think he tops those?

 

Okay, so you blindly claim that his numbers have gone downhill and then, when proven wrong, you cherry pick the one area where he actually has?

 

His yards are up. His catches are up. Catch rate is up. His TD totals have always been inconsistent (as with most WRs), but I wouldn't say he's gone "downhill" in that area when looking at the last handful of seasons. But his YAC has decreased so you comprehensively state that his numbers have gone downhill? Give me a break. Just admit that you were guessing. 

 

And no, I don't think he tops that. Are you serious? I said right there in my last post that I do not expect the upward trend in Larry's numbers to continue. You need to start reading things before you comment on them, because you're 0 for 2 so far in that department.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.