Sign in to follow this  
bgar15

Big Trade - Do I Hit Accept?

.5 PPR

I give: Gurley and Doug Baldwin

I get: Freeman and Larry Fitz

Should I pull the trigger?! Is the upgrade from Gurley to Freeman worth the downgrade from Baldwin to Fitz?

My squad

QB - Brees
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB -  Todd Gurley
WR - Doug Baldwin
WR - Golden Tate
FLEX - Martavis Bryant
TE - Ertz
D/ST - Pats

BENCH - Pierre Garcon, CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, Josh Doctson, Zay Jones, Shane Vereen, Alfred Morris

i would probably do that

you have cj anderson who could do something and possibly be a full time flex letting you rotate bryant garcon fitz tate in the 2 WR spots and freeman is just so much safer than gurley

1 hour ago, bgar15 said:

.5 PPR

I give: Gurley and Doug Baldwin

I get: Freeman and Larry Fitz

Should I pull the trigger?! Is the upgrade from Gurley to Freeman worth the downgrade from Baldwin to Fitz?

My squad

QB - Brees
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB -  Todd Gurley
WR - Doug Baldwin
WR - Golden Tate
FLEX - Martavis Bryant
TE - Ertz
D/ST - Pats

BENCH - Pierre Garcon, CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, Josh Doctson, Zay Jones, Shane Vereen, Alfred Morris

That Freeman Gordon backfield is nasty, and Fitz will be solid the first 4 weeks (weakest strength of sched). I'd say do it, play fitz and look for a trade for a borderline wr2 / wr1 involving fitz at week 4. For example if Luck misses time and Hilton gets off to a slow start, package fitz with someone to make a deal. Otherwise roll with the 2 rb1's and 4 solid WR2 options all season

Yes I would do that trade no question. RBs of Freeman's caliber are rare. To have 2 is a huge advantage. Fitz isn't as far behind Baldwin as some people might think. Especially with John Brown struggling again. 

Absolutely.  You're taking a very marginal hit at WR for what I see as a significant bump at RB.  

I like that deal. Freeman will improve your backfield and old man Fitzgerald may not be as much of a downgrade as you think. He's had 100+ receptions and 1000+ yards in each of the last two seasons. The guy just won't go away. He has plenty of value in 0.5 PPR. 

Take it huge upgrade at rb with very little drop off at wr.... do it

Absolutely. John Brown might not even play this year, so Fitz is going to feast in what may be he and Palmer's last year. Accept and don't look back.

keep your guys - look at fitz numbers- going down hill- he will be serviceable but baldwin way better than fitz and MUCH higher ceiling. i do like freeman though but the concussion issue is worrisome- 

I am a Rams fan, and it appears as though their O Line still stinks.  I would do the deal, as much as I hate advocating trading away Gurley.  Despite his recent success, I never totally trust Seattle receivers (I see Richardson, Graham and Lockett being a bit more involved this year).  

Help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/660787-te-dilemmawhir/

15 hours ago, mneel55 said:

keep your guys - look at fitz numbers- going down hill

Did you actually look at Larry's numbers yourself before posting this? I'm guessing you didn't.

The two highest reception totals (109, 107) and catch rates (75.2%, 71.3%) of his career came in 2015 and 2016 (hard to believe, but it's true). He also had more yards in each of those seasons than he had in any season between 2012-2014. It is quite clear that his numbers have been going uphill over the past couple seasons. Do I expect this to continue? No, I realize that's unlikely. But your post is simply erroneous. 

I'd do that trade.

8 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Did you actually look at Larry's numbers yourself before posting this? I'm guessing you didn't.

The two highest reception totals (109, 107) and catch rates (75.2%, 71.3%) of his career came in 2015 and 2016 (hard to believe, but it's true). He also had more yards in each of those seasons than he had in any season between 2012-2014. It is quite clear that his numbers have been going uphill over the past couple seasons. Do I expect this to continue? No, I realize that's unlikely. But your post is simply erroneous. 

look at YAC- steady going down hill. while I don't think fitz is horrible- and you showed 2015 and 2016 numbers .. so you think he tops those?

8 hours ago, mneel55 said:

look at YAC- steady going down hill. while I don't think fitz is horrible- and you showed 2015 and 2016 numbers .. so you think he tops those?

Okay, so you blindly claim that his numbers have gone downhill and then, when proven wrong, you cherry pick the one area where he actually has?

His yards are up. His catches are up. Catch rate is up. His TD totals have always been inconsistent (as with most WRs), but I wouldn't say he's gone "downhill" in that area when looking at the last handful of seasons. But his YAC has decreased so you comprehensively state that his numbers have gone downhill? Give me a break. Just admit that you were guessing. 

And no, I don't think he tops that. Are you serious? I said right there in my last post that I do not expect the upward trend in Larry's numbers to continue. You need to start reading things before you comment on them, because you're 0 for 2 so far in that department.