Sign in to follow this  
phatrat

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options - Week 20

Recommended Posts

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan Straily is @PHI Tuesday and then vs. SD on Sunday. Can't ask for a better double start week than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in points leagues so this week the NYM,CHW,and MIN each have 8 games. Who would get more at bats with Sano out of the lineup though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howie Kendrick (unowned in most leagues) has 1B, 2B, 3B and OF eligibility and has 4 dongs, 6 runs, 9 RBI and is hitting .308 this past week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phiflyers2003 said:

I am in points leagues so this week the NYM,CHW,and MIN each have 8 games. Who would get more at bats with Sano out of the lineup though? 

Buxton for sure, as he may stick in the 3 hole w Sano hitting the DL....

 

Eddie Rosario if he's unowned, as he's been en fuego.

 

for the chi sox, maybe Leury Garcia as he leads off against righties and plays near every day

 

nothing comes to mind for the mets to be honest 

Edited by afgolfman666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second start being vs. HOU kinda ruled Skaggs out for me. Spot starting him vs. TEX might not be a bad idea though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about rolling the dice on Mike Montgomery tomorrow @ Cincy. I'd rather the game were in CHI, but my WW is slim pickings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

I'm thinking about rolling the dice on Mike Montgomery tomorrow @ Cincy. I'd rather the game were in CHI, but my WW is slim pickings...

My general rule of thumb is to never stream a SP who is not fully stretched out.  You're limiting your QS possibility dramatically when you do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 0:17 PM, MJDrocks said:

My general rule of thumb is to never stream a SP who is not fully stretched out.  You're limiting your QS possibility dramatically when you do that.

 

Bad rule of thumb when Montgomery has been stretched out all year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardinals prospect Jack Flaherty may get the call up to face the Rays in St. Louis tomorrow and could possibly replace Mike Leake in the rotation for the rest of the season. Not a sure thing yet, but worth stashing him in your NA slot just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2017 at 0:35 PM, S1mcity said:

 

Bad rule of thumb when Montgomery has been stretched out all year. 

Not true.  He had been working in long-relief for a while before he got that start @CIN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

Not true.  He had been working in long-relief for a while before he got that start @CIN.

 

Funny how he went 6IP. 

 

He's been in "Long relief. "

 

Its august. 

 

Cubs heating up for the playoffs. 

 

Montgomery has had multiple fill ins throughout the year in the rotation. 

 

those things don't scream QS to you...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I didn't like was @CIN. A borderline bullpen/rotation guy vs. a good lineup in a hitter's ballpark is usually not a good idea. But that's baseball. Glad it worked out for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S1mcity said:

 

Funny how he went 6IP. 

 

He's been in "Long relief. "

 

Its august. 

 

Cubs heating up for the playoffs. 

 

Montgomery has had multiple fill ins throughout the year in the rotation. 

 

those things don't scream QS to you...? 

Yeah, he got the QS by going the bare minimum of 6 IP while keeping the base runners to an absolute minimum.  He had a very thin margin of error and he achieved it. Point is, I'm not very  comfortable wasting one of my match-up acquisitions and games started on odds like that.  I don't know if you've been paying attention to how pitchers have been getting babied lately - something tells me you haven't - but pitchers that have been pitching in the bullpen are usually on a short leash until they build up their pitch count upon re-entering the rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jorge Polanco - the very definition of "ride it while its hot"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

Any good SP streaming options for Saturday?

Who are your options? I own Lamet in my league, and am starting him. He's only something like 37% owned on ESPN. I briefly considered Stripling as well, but he hasn't started a game this year, I don't believe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manaea? Texas has some lefties in Choo, Mazara and Odor and if he could last down the stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 6:17 PM, MJDrocks said:

Yeah, he got the QS by going the bare minimum of 6 IP while keeping the base runners to an absolute minimum.  He had a very thin margin of error and he achieved it. Point is, I'm not very  comfortable wasting one of my match-up acquisitions and games started on odds like that.  I don't know if you've been paying attention to how pitchers have been getting babied lately - something tells me you haven't - but pitchers that have been pitching in the bullpen are usually on a short leash until they build up their pitch count upon re-entering the rotation.

 

 

He got a "bare minimum" of 6IP to get the QS? That has to be by far one of the stupidest things I've heard all year. Tons of pitchers only go 5.2, 6.0, 6.1 and then teams have their 7th, 8th, and 9th inning guys come out.  Those guys are people who have been starting all year as well. 

 

Dont know how you can argue he wasn't stretched out as Maddon, one of the most over managing guys in the MLB, let his bullpen guy go 6IP. Maybe you forgot that a few days prior he threw 4IP? 

 

Didn't realize that because a few of your pitchers get BABIED coming out of the bullpen that it coorelates across the league. 

 

Clearly you haven't been paying attention.  ?

 

Edited by S1mcity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another tout for Montgomery for Monday. No issues about going deep, he had a QS last time out. And with the Cubs talking about going to a six man rotation even with Lester coming back, it bodes well for Montgomery and owners down the stretch here. Worth a shot if you have an opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this