hard1

Dede Westbrook 2017 Season Outlook

So much non-Dede Westbrook talk in the Dede Westbrook thread.  /scold

Regarding Fournette, are we really that sure he's back after the bye?  If not, there may be more passing opportunities.  I have never been sold on Hurns or Lee as impact guys.  

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So much non-Dede Westbrook talk in the Dede Westbrook thread.  /scold

Regarding Fournette, are we really that sure he's back after the bye?  If not, there may be more passing opportunities.  I have never been sold on Hurns or Lee as impact guys.  

It seems to me Lee is solid and has a floor of 6 points in standard scoring. He gets his targets, good possession guy it seems. 

Didn't Arob disappear for long stretches last season?  People were ready to drop him because he was so awfu.  Hard to expect anything different with Westbrook, one week he'll look good, then will be missing in action for the next 3. That's Jacksonville football with Bortels behind center.

18 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Didn't Arob disappear for long stretches last season?  People were ready to drop him because he was so awfu.  Hard to expect anything different with Westbrook, one week he'll look good, then will be missing in action for the next 3. That's Jacksonville football with Bortels behind center.

Uh ohhhhhh, a voice of pessimism.  I hope the optimistic brethren have a rebuttal to that. 

My last post was a bit negative, and I didn't mean it to be,  but have a lot of doubt when it comes to WR WW pick ups because of the low success rate.  Much easier to find WW RBs.

1 hour ago, KingDingAling said:

How does everyone feel about Deonte Thompson, is he a better stash than Dede?

At this point of the season they are all dart throws, what u are banking on is dede has never had the opp to show success of failure so it's all upside until otherwise until we get info snaps to determine his reality

20 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

My last post was a bit negative, and I didn't mean it to be,  but have a lot of doubt when it comes to WR WW pick ups because of the low success rate.  Much easier to find WW RBs.

Well, the jags are a ton better this year and a lot of it has to do with the offensive line playing like tenneessee's did last year. Cam Robinson has shored up the LT spot, Linder is great at Center and the rest of the line playing well:

"Alongside being one of the league’s top defenses, the Jacksonville Jaguars have also protected Blake Bortles well. They flourished in that category last year and, according to Pro Football Focus, the unit is even better in pass blocking efficiency, only allowing a league-low of three sacks.

In a recent post by PFF analyst Sam Monson, the Jags came in as the No. 8 team in the category with an efficiency grade of 81.2.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars

PFF Elite pass blocking efficiency: 81.2

A unit that has quietly been far better this season than in the past, the Jaguars offensive line has allowed just two sacks and 33 total pressures, although only six teams have been pass protecting for fewer snaps than the 134 Jacksonville have dealt with.

The Jags’ offensive line is pass blocking well with rookie Cam Robinson on the blindside. PFF has him down with the second-lowest overall grade (41.1) on the unit and a pass blocking grade of 48.1. However, looking at the film, Robinson has held his own aside from giving up a sack to Brian Orakpo Week 2. He will only get better in time.

For the rest of the unit, center Brandon Linder is leading with the best overall grade of 73.8. Behind him is guard Patrick Omameh with a 72.8 grade and is the team’s best pass blocker with an 83.4 in the category. Jermey Parnell came out as the second-best pass blocker with a 73.9 in efficiency and a 67.1 overall grade. Lastly, A.J. Cann came in with the offensive line’s poorest overall grade of 40.0 and a pass blocking grade of 50.4."

I want to stash.  But then again, he might be just like all the other stashes this year - Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Josh Doctson.  How many of these guys can you seriously hold?  Sure, one of them is going to breakout and perhaps be a WR2 down the stretch.  But which one?  

I like Westbrook the least because he has Bortles throwing and Fournette dominating the offense.

23 minutes ago, CooL said:

I want to stash.  But then again, he might be just like all the other stashes this year - Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Josh Doctson.  How many of these guys can you seriously hold?  Sure, one of them is going to breakout and perhaps be a WR2 down the stretch.  But which one?  

I like Westbrook the least because he has Bortles throwing and Fournette dominating the offense.

But Westbrook has less compeition for targets than Williams certainly, Davis and Doctson likely.

10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But Westbrook has less compeition for targets than Williams certainly, Davis and Doctson likely.

So you think Corey has stiff competition for targets?  Decker? Rishard? Walker?

maybe some, but if he got 10targets in week one, I’m not so sure. 

Decker is a TD scoring WR with a long track record of success, with and without Peyton Manning.

Rishard Matthews was a pretty solid receiver for Miami, and Tennessee paid him big bucks to join up.

Delanie Walker is one of the best receiving TEs in the NFL.

Allen Hurns and Marquis Lee are Allen Hurns and Marquis Lee.

So yes, I believe Westbrook has a less-complicated path to targets than Corey Davis.

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Decker is a TD scoring WR with a long track record of success, with and without Peyton Manning.

Rishard Matthews was a pretty solid receiver for Miami, and Tennessee paid him big bucks to join up.

So yes, I believe Westbrook has a less-complicated path to targets than Corey Davis.

pretty much this right here.

Davis will need to be a compiler, most likely ... needing high target volume to be a weekly contributor that one can just indiscriminately slot in - whereas Westy has that ability to win a week on a couple huge plays.   it's close, but i really dig the upside of the Jax burner .... think this kid will be a fixture going forward.

i had the choice (ppr), and opted for DeDe.

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I actually like Lee. I think higher of him than you do.  But also, don’t forget two things....Bortles vs. Mariota. And the Fournette factor.

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

I actually like Lee. I think higher of him than you do.  But also, don’t forget two things....Bortles vs. Mariota. And the Fournette factor.

Agreed about Fournette factor, if by that you mean Fournette is the centerpiece of the Jags offense and Marrone is looking to run the football primarily.  But when is Fournette returning exactly?  They said his ankle injury was minor, but he has already missed one game.  Also, Tennessee tries to pound the ball, too.  I will happily concede that Mariota is a better passer and all-around QB than Bortles.

I think Fournette would help Westbrook by keeping the defense honest.  Anyway I need a late season flyer in a large league and am on board, here's hoping he stays healthy.

Well, if you had stashed Doctson, Williams, Thompson and are in a league that lets you.... Grab Dede now for free. Davis is a solid hold, but after watching Doctson do nothing yet again, I'm out and on to Westbrook.

Well, I hope you guys know what you are talking about. I now have both Davis and Westbrook and I plan on starting both next week with Hogan and Diggs on bye. Anyhow, no pressure, because they can’t be any worse than Funchess or Doctson. 

7 hours ago, Red Dog said:

I think Fournette would help Westbrook by keeping the defense honest.  Anyway I need a late season flyer in a large league and am on board, here's hoping he stays healthy.

Btw, Fournette has a very tough second half schedule so I’m hoping Jax opens it up even more. I’d be surprised if they think they could just let Fournette do it all by himself, although I’m sure they will want to try. 

14 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Btw, Fournette has a very tough second half schedule so I’m hoping Jax opens it up even more. I’d be surprised if they think they could just let Fournette do it all by himself, although I’m sure they will want to try. 

Fournette is matching up proof

dede will even help fournette out and vice versa

5 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Fournette is matching up proof

dede will even help fournette out and vice versa

Fournette's college career says otherwise. 

Everyone understands that Bortles is still throwing the ball here right?

And Hurns and Lee aren't going away?

And they'll be run, run, first?

Don't get the excitement. Maybe he's flex worthy. And it  would be nice to see it first.

Just now, kyoun1e said:

Don't get the excitement. Maybe he's flex worthy. And it  would be nice to see it first.

This is how I see it too. Doubt he gets picked up this week in my 12 team ppr.

31 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

This is how I see it too. I don't see a path to more than 3-5 targets. Hurns isn't playing bad and Lee is a reliable presence. Unless Westbrook pulls a fuller and scores on half his receptions I don't see him having a significant role in the offense.  Also, Davis is a top 5 pick, the coaching staff is going to be very motivated to show that they were right. 

48 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I do't expect him to do much as he is worked back into the offense. What i'm looking for is each game does he trend towards getting hot for the playoffs so look for incremental increases in snap counts and targets