dboong

Nerlens Noel 2017-2018 Season Outlook

38 minutes ago, erick2008e said:

Can’t believe this guy turned down 17 mil a year 

he could have had all the hot dogs his heart desires.

• Haha 1

Dude bet on himself and the Mavs sabotaged the hell outta him in a very vindictive manner. We all know he’s a decent player who became a FA one year too late to get the hefty contract he thinks he deserves. If I’m in his position, I would be just as vindictive and stay in that crappy organization for the entire year and then walk.

• Thanks 1

Rotoworld just released the below blurb... this increase his (currently non-existent) stash appeal for anybody?

Nerlens Noel - F/C - Mavericks

Dallas beat writer Eddie Sefko said that the Mavericks might play Nerlens Noel (thumb) when he's healthy to see if he can develop any chemistry with Dennis Smith Jr.

The Mavs called Noel their center of the future after acquiring him from the 76ers, but he's been in the doghouse for most of the season while losing minutes to guys like Salah Mejri and Dwight Powell. Giving Noel a chance to play could also increase his trade value if the Mavs don't intend to re-sign him this summer. He has some stash appeal, but only if you have an I.R. spot because he's out for "several weeks" after undergoing thumb surgery.

38 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Rotoworld just released the below blurb... this increase his (currently non-existent) stash appeal for anybody?

Nerlens Noel - F/C - Mavericks

Dallas beat writer Eddie Sefko said that the Mavericks might play Nerlens Noel (thumb) when he's healthy to see if he can develop any chemistry with Dennis Smith Jr.

The Mavs called Noel their center of the future after acquiring him from the 76ers, but he's been in the doghouse for most of the season while losing minutes to guys like Salah Mejri and Dwight Powell. Giving Noel a chance to play could also increase his trade value if the Mavs don't intend to re-sign him this summer. He has some stash appeal, but only if you have an I.R. spot because he's out for "several weeks" after undergoing thumb surgery.

Interest level raised from 1% to 2%.

Will monitor as he can definitely produce with minutes but will be weeks away and may need an injury and / or trade.

• Haha 2

Interest Level:

If I have a streaming spot when he and DSJ are back and he's sitting there, I may take a chance to see a game or two for sign of him not getting screwed around or halftime hotdog eating, but I wouldn't drop anyone even semi productive

• Like 1

Just stop talking about him until he plays meaningful minutes or there is trade rumour

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2750718-lakers-trade-rumors-julius-randle-nerlens-noel-swap-discussed-with-mavericks.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

mignt get some value with LAL. Lopez could get shut down. He was just an expiring. They already got Kuzma for DLo. That alone was good value 

Well he’s 2/2 on getting immediately benched by teams that take him so even if he goes to LA I’d steer clear

Edited by Portis4Potus

Screw Carlisle. Still stashing hoping for a trade by the ASB though.

When Vuc comes and Biyombo has to be dropped, slide Noel in. Perfect synchronization. 

• Like 1

You guys stashing are maniacs haha. He has had almost as many health DNP's as he has games played, and now he is injured and won't be cleared to play until February. but being cleared to play doesn't mean s--- if he is cleared and still doesn't play because Carlisle won't play him more than 3 min per game. If he is your only injured player and is chilling in the IR then of course it makes no difference to keep him stashed, but if you have someone else in IR, or have him in IR and another injured player stuck on your bench...you must like torturing yourselves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Well. With 2 IR spot I'm in. If trade and straight 20 min, playing for contract, february-march my playoffs, Noel part of championship puzzle. Too optimistic.

• Like 1

DNP CD when healthy

Hurt for a long time and not back until Feb

once healthy its gonna be some BS thing like "conditioning is why hes not playing"

then we will return to the DNP CD norm 

dont do this to yourselves.......

4 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Pray for me. I’ve got multiple IL spots but just considering holding him seems I’ll-advised.

It depends on how you're doing with the injury bug to be honest. I had him in my IL for a month now and it's all good. 

7 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

It depends on how you're doing with the injury bug to be honest. I had him in my IL for a month now and it's all good. 

Not too bad actually. I’ve got one other guy in IL, but Noel could easily be dropped if needed.

My motivating factors are this: robust schedule today with adds locked when games start. Essentially, I can drop a bench guy, pick up Noel and see if anybody stands out tonight while my competitors will be locked out.

Secondly, the deadline is around the corner. If, as Carlisle says, Noel plays the first week of February, that gives us a few days to keep him in IL without reprocussion. Then, hopefully, he’s traded on the 8th, and we get something out of absolutely nothing, just bottom of the barren, grab-a-hotdog-while-you-wait nothing.

• Like 2