dboong

Nerlens Noel 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I'm holding and that's because the next 2 weeks are meaningless to me, my semi starts at 3/19. If you are fighting for a playoff spot I won't keep him, especially with just 3 games this week.

If he played tomorrow, I'd rush to grab him.  The next day?  Sure.  Dude doesn't play till Saturday, so not only aren't you getting any production until the end of the week (fine if your playoff spot is set anyway), but because you're holding, you could miss on other hot FAs. 

I'm debating. 

5 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

If he played tomorrow, I'd rush to grab him.  The next day?  Sure.  Dude doesn't play till Saturday, so not only aren't you getting any production until the end of the week (fine if your playoff spot is set anyway), but because you're holding, you could miss on other hot FAs. 

I'm debating. 

But if you don't get him someone else will...I hate that conundrum. 

If I were in that position I'd look ahead to see how many games you have compared to your matchup and then if its even or in your favor pick him up. If you need the games then...hope he bombs so the person that picks him up drops him. 

• Like 2

I picked him up in one where he's a perfect fit and I'm a playoff lock,  I'm gonna wait till tomorrow for at least one other.  There's two leagues where he'd be nice but I'm fighting for my playoff life. 

It'd just be maddening to pick him up now, hold, see someone like Chriss have two more good games, get picked up,  then Saturday night Noel plays like 12 minutes and sucks and be like "Would've been nice for you to play like Thursday so I wouldn't have wasted the time."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brosephd said:

contemplating real hard right now between him or jarrett allen

same here... decision... decision...

18 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

im locked into a bye so i can take a shot but idk what this move to hurt me. allen is starting but raw. noel if he gets 25 mins a game we have to somehow make room for him on our roster or end up going against him. did dirk have foul trouble early thus noel getting mins?

Edited by brosephd

Lets try and think rationally about why he would be unleashed right now....

8 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Lets try and think rationally about why he would be unleashed right now....

I've already posted the quote from Carlisle. Not gonna post it again but you can look for it in this thread. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I've already posted the quote from Carlisle. Not gonna post it again but you can look for it in this thread. 

How uh... how deep we talkin here?

30 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

How uh... how deep we talkin here?

On 2/28/2018 at 8:25 AM, Toronto416 said:

If the bridge was completely burned I don't think Coach Tiny Rick would talk about wanting to see him back out there again.

"I do think he's going to be back after the break and I'm looking forward to getting him out there," Carlisle said. "It's an opportunity for us as we move along here to look at potential young groups that could be playing together into the future to see the viability, the chemistry, those kinds of things." Carlisle said he wants "passion, hard play, rebounding and some chemistry with his teammates" from Noel.

• Like 2

If Im the Mavs I feel like Nerlens value is already shot around the league so he wont be getting overpaid no matter what, especially in what is predicted to be a small market for free agents. The only decision the Mavs have to make is wether they want to keep him on their team or let him go and draft a center. So why not let him and Dennis run wild out there together and if it doesnt work he helps you loose games. If it does works then there is your center of the future (or solid situational backup) on what will probably be a decent cheap contract. But I feel like the Mavs dont even really know what they have in Noel

7 hours ago, bmoney0111 said:

Same here! Hmmmm... *contemplating

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

How about some reverse psychology.

If Noel stinks, and the Mavs don't like him, then doesn't it make sense to unleash him if they are trying to tank?

Now we're thinking outside the box!

• Haha 1

New Player Note Thu, Mar 8

Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said Nerlens Noel is "doing better and better."

Advice: "He’s simplifying things out there," Carlisle added. "It’s pretty clear he’s getting some rhythm back and he’s getting some familiarity with the guys he’s playing with." 

:D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Silver lining to my complaint from Tuesday night: the people that were going to pick him up already did.  In the leagues where he lasted through Wednesday morning, for the most part he's lasted through now.  So tomorrow morning in yahoo, maybe I'll pick him up in a few other leagues for his Saturday game, and meanwhile I got some games out of other people.  Niiiice.

15 minutes ago, richg24 said:

New Player Note Thu, Mar 8

Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said Nerlens Noel is "doing better and better."

Advice: "He’s simplifying things out there," Carlisle added. "It’s pretty clear he’s getting some rhythm back and he’s getting some familiarity with the guys he’s playing with." 

:D

Tryna make it sound like he was benched for sucking smh

questionable saturday (rest) .... WTF REST? the last game he will have played would be 4 days ago....yo i wanna seriously go slap carlisle in the face right now

21 minutes ago, richg24 said:

questionable saturday (rest) .... WTF REST? the last game he will have played would be 4 days ago....yo i wanna seriously go slap carlisle in the face right now

They have a back to back this weekend. He's playing Sunday.