The Caucasian Sensation

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

If Edelman is out for the year, Hogan makes it onto the end of a Draft Masters bench, but I wouldn't want to rely on starting him week to week in a managed league.

From Football Guys/Just now......

Edelman's injury was a non-contact knee buckle when he was planting his foot. We can hope for the best but assume the worst, as Edelman looked a bit dejected on the cart. The biggest immediate beneficiary would be Chris Hogan, who would likely get the nod in two wide sets, but we shouldn't overlook the possibility that Brandin Cooks gets more short targets if Edelman is out. While Edelman is very productive, Danny Amendola and even Rex Burkhead, who has experience in the slot, can provide some of his tactical value. This wouldn't be a crippling injury for the Patriots pass offense, so there is likely a net gain for at least 1-2 pass catchers in this offense and only a small hit to Tom Brady. The Patriots have a plethora of talented pass catchers and personnel packages to put defenses at a disadvantage and Edelman isn't as essential as Rob Gronkowski or Cooks to this offense's success.

2 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

What is he boom or bust WR3?

I would think so still. The Pats o kind of goes back to last year now with Cooks replacing Edelman really. Edelman going down should really help the next guy in the slot and other guys who do their work over the middle, Hogan is still just a deep threat. 

Edited by chud12

24 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Added why not

Yep, can never hurt to have more pats 

Just now, TTRA1N said:

Who going to play the slot?

Amendola is Edelman's direct replacement, but won't see as many targets.

Guess I need to grab hogan to replace my Edleman. Well this sux..

9 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

WR3 locked?

Not to me. Maybe, but not a lock. I have a feeling he will be boom or bust, so it might be hard to depend on him week to week. But worth a roster spot, because he may end up being a favorite of Brady.

Yea I love what hogan does. Call me crazy but every time the man is in petty much he's lighting it up, I just recall so many highlights of hogan just exploding. Grabbed him up already 

Tough to know who to drop for him this early. So dropped my kicker until MRI confirms. If anything, I'll trade Hogan to Edelman owner. 

Even if he only sniffs your flex, that's a hell of a nice flex starter 

20 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Why do we think Hogan takes over the slot and not Amendola?

Before he came to the Pats He was in the slot 50% of the time with the bills. He had to move over for Edelman, he was the WR3 on the pats this moves him to WR2 and he is the better talent. Pats will utilize him with 150 targets up for grabs now. Everyone thinks Edelman only worked the slot which he didn't. Hogan spent some time in the slot as well as amendola..

In 2014, Edelman spent 42% of his time in the slot, and increased to 51.2% in 2015 and increased again to 53.5% of the time in 2016.

Edited by stevekerr01