The Caucasian Sensation

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

Hogan heading out to practice right now with helmet per Pats beat writer.

9 minutes ago, mjb said:

Hogan heading out to practice right now with helmet per Pats beat writer.

Interesting, Roto says this

Chris Hogan (shoulder) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Hogan has been a ghost since going down in Week 8. We have no idea when he'll be back on the field, even for practice. Brandin Cooks remains a WR1, while Danny Amendola has played over 55% of the snaps the past two weeks.

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/29/tom-brady-absent-from-patriots-practice-chris-hogan-trey-flowers-present/

Linebackers Kyle Van Noy and Trevor Reilly and defensive end Trey Flowers were all present Wednesday despite suffering injuries against the Dolphins on Sunday. Center David Andrews (illness) and receiver Chris Hogan (shoulder) returned to practice after missing last week’s game.

Really need this guy out there with this Crabtree meltdown. If hes active I'm starting and hoping for red zone work. 

Seems like he was at practice but on a different field than everyone else. So whatever that means.

43 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Seems like he was at practice but on a different field than everyone else. So whatever that means.

Well, it means 7 for 118 and a TD v BUF #revenge

or... he's out another few weeks, cuz these are the Pats-

As reporters departed practice, receiver Chris Hogan(shoulder) and linebacker Trevor Reilly (presumed concussion) were walking out towards the team's practice fields, likely to work on the lower field that is generally used for players who aren't cleared to practice. Hogan had a resistance band wrapped around his legs as he walked. Both players weren't in full pads but had their helmets with them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4808618/center-david-andrews-returns-to-practice-chris-hogan-progressing

8 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

As reporters departed practice, receiver Chris Hogan(shoulder) and linebacker Trevor Reilly (presumed concussion) were walking out towards the team's practice fields, likely to work on the lower field that is generally used for players who aren't cleared to practice. Hogan had a resistance band wrapped around his legs as he walked. Both players weren't in full pads but had their helmets with them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4808618/center-david-andrews-returns-to-practice-chris-hogan-progressing

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how does a guy have a resistance band wrapped around his legs as he walks?  How does that work?

4 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how does a guy have a resistance band wrapped around his legs as he walks?  How does that work?

Something like this? (The things i research for FF...)

1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Something like this? (The things i research for FF...)

yeah I mean my GF does this because all the hot chicks on IG do this ...Hogan isn't playing this week :lol:

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

yeah I mean my GF does this because all the hot chicks on IG do this ...Hogan isn't playing this week :lol:

I see him as a potential layoffs stash. I am starting Dion Lewis in my flex, where Hogan would be in the meantime.  

10 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I saw something similar in my google research and had the same thought, which is why I sought confirmation.  This is what he was doing out there?  Why isn’t he running routes and whatnot?  It’s his shoulder, not lower body. 

2 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

I saw something similar in my google research and had the same thought, which is why I sought confirmation.  This is what he was doing out there?  Why isn’t he running routes and whatnot?  It’s his shoulder, not lower body. 

my guess is that he got rid of those dumb bands when he got to the field.  he was not in pads, but had his helmet in hand per reports and was wearing gloves.  looks like he was going to be running routes and catching balls IMO.   my guess is he rehabs this week and back next week

2 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

my guess is that he got rid of those dumb bands when he got to the field.  he was not in pads, but had his helmet in hand per reports and was wearing gloves.  looks like he was going to be running routes and catching balls IMO.   my guess is he rehabs this week and back next week

I’d be good with that.  Would like him for the playoffs.  

On 11/28/2017 at 10:56 AM, Mikeyvegas said:

I feel like while he has been letting his shoulder heal, his ribs and other injuries have had time to heal also.

Yes, this is a nice silver lining.

Loos like he's not at practice. I'm wondering if you could even trust him in the fantasy playoffs if he does come back.

Well if he comes back week 14 you can watch him then play him week 15 and 16. I don't see how he is droppable yet. What else you going to pick up at this point?

4 minutes ago, affliction said:

Dropping soon as he is ruled out again

Nah, I'll hold even if he's ruled out this week. This was the first week he's shown progress. In the locker room, on the field and without the sling. 

Hogan finally showed he is progressing this week.  No sling, began rehab work.

I say practice time ramps up next week. 

My guess is he is no doubt back Week 15 against a MUST win vs. Pitt to lock up home field in the playoffs.  Pats will need all hands on deck