The Caucasian Sensation

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Gonna have to really read reports and tea leaves though. Nobody in the building is gonna give his status away and they play Mon night.

this is the problem. unless you have another pat or mia player its hard to play him. if i had a guy like kenny stills it would be perfect

2 minutes ago, affliction said:

this is the problem. unless you have another pat or mia player its hard to play him. if i had a guy like kenny stills it would be perfect

Yep exactly. I for one cannot start Hogan. He will likely be listed as questionable so no way I can risk him being inactive on Monday night.

Sometimes you gotta just roll the dice, for myself Manny Sanders has been horrible going to just start Hogan 

I'm a big dog, If he practices in full the rest of the week I'm starting him. Need to swing for the fences, 2 TD upside with no Gronk. 

3 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

Little shoulder stiffness, soreness at the end?

He usually looks awakward our there I find glass half full!!

7 minutes ago, kco734 said:

He usually looks awakward our there I find glass half full!!

I didn't like that video!! Clearly not comfortable with that shoulder..... uggghhh!   He was really moving it around trying to loosen it up or something. obviously he's not 100% or he wouldn't bee doing that right???

10 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

I didn't like that video!! Clearly not comfortable with that shoulder..... uggghhh!   He was really moving it around trying to loosen it up or something. obviously he's not 100% or he wouldn't bee doing that right???

We have no idea what that means. He's probably wearing a brace on that side, which could be annoying him and he's trying to adjust/loosen it.  Unless you have three top 35 options at WR, you should play him, as long as the practice reports seem favorable.   By the end of the week or certainly by Saturday morning and we should be hearing some inside reports one way or the other.    I am a huge Pats fan and can't remember a time someone like Mike Reiss reported that a starter  was expected to play but then was inactive. It probably has happened but it's extremely rarely.  He was a red zone target monster even with Gronk in the lineup.

Edited by Patsgofor6

seeing i lost gronk this week and my wr's all season has been DT and whatever waiver wire foddler, I'm going to swing for the fences and fire him up if he's for sure going to play and not limited snaps. 

No way Hogan is restricted.  Same injury cost Golden Tate one week.  Hogan had other injuries (ribs, ankle I think), so they held him out to get better.  After Denver collapsed, there was no need to keep him against a failing Oakland team.  They wanted him ready when he was 100%.  Now, with Gronk out, they need him back.  It all lines up.  Assuming he isn't limited in practice, play with confidence.

38 minutes ago, patsspytech said:

Hogan had other injuries (ribs, ankle I think), so they held him out to get better.  After Denver collapsed, there was no need to keep him against a failing Oakland team.  They wanted him ready when he was 100%.  Now, with Gronk out, they need him back. 

Do they need Hogan to beat Miami?  I don't think so.

5 hours ago, Nap Time said:

I don't like that posture.  Benching.

This website in a nutshell. That was good. 

I actually laughed out loud. 

Anyways, if you have Brady throwing to you and you have an 80% Hogan, I think that puts you middle of the pack WR2 to start off. 

Patriots fan here so I may be bias, but when you play, you play and will get the ball, Belligod won't throw you out there to be some sort of decoy. 

Edited by S1mcity

Would start him over Funchess this week pretty easily. Was a top-10 WR in PPR and standard before the injury. Gronk being out increases his targets and RZ targets against a horrid defense.

The Dolphins beat the Chargers, Falcons, and Titans, and just destroyed the Broncos. Hoodie will not take them lightly. He will use Hogan, especially in the redzone

I wish he played last week. My head is all over the place with this guy. Have goodwin going now as WR2 but stills is in waivers was thinking to drop goodwin pick up stills in case hogan can't go. Then if hogan does play will he even be a good start first game back. This decision is going to make or break me this week.

Edited by StevenSC400

10 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

He's practicing today. HULKAMANIA is back baby.

Fully? Where did you see this report? Let's go Hogan! 

Mike Reiss Pats beat writer answered a twitter follower saying he expects Hogan to play Monday.  Sorry I don't have the tweet.   Mike is usually dialed into this stuff, so I trust him.

4 hours ago, griffin727 said:

He's practicing today. HULKAMANIA is back baby.

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER???

I think I have to roll with Hogan this week. I am an underdog in Rd 2 and need to maximize upside.

I know it's not really where this belongs, but I have Hogan, M Bryant, Engram, Ertz and S Anderson for 3 spots behind my WR1 in Tyreek. It's a hard call, even if Ertz does indeed sit.