The Caucasian Sensation

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

Limited again in today’s practice will be quite the risk for us Monday night oh well 

Temper expectations, out since week 8 and Hogan said he’s not sure he’s playing. He stated this Tue.

Patriots will list their final injury report tomorrow, where he'll undoubtedly be Questionable knowing them. What we really all have to watch for will be is he traveling with the team to Miami for the game? If so, I would think good chance he'll play. In a week without Gronk where, as others have said, they'll need him more than usual, if he's active then you start him. 

6 hours ago, mjb said:

Temper expectations, out since week 8 and Hogan said he’s not sure he’s playing. He stated this Tue.

If he was really unsure to play, BB would have never let him speak to the media, nor let him make that particular statement. It's all gamesmanship. 

He will play, limited usage between the 20s but once they get to the red zone they will put him in. 50% of the snaps overall, 100% red zone passing plays. Just a guess. 

The downside is it is a Monday night game.  Tough to wait on him if there is no word by tomorrow morning that he is definitely playing this week.

18 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

The downside is it is a Monday night game.  Tough to wait on him if there is no word by tomorrow morning that he is definitely playing this week.

final report should be today sometime. 

monday an extra day to heal...this is tough call for first round of playoffs and super risky if you don't have anyone else. can either shoot yourself in your foot or pay off. got kupp the safer floor, DT is boom or bust or hogan with his injury and limit.

Fortunately I can 'play' Hogan if he does indeed go without any fear. My leagues long ago enacted a clause where you could start a guy questionable and if he is INACTIVE then you can state a back-up. It has worked out incredibly well.

Not confident with Hogan here after returning from week 8 shoulder injury.  I think I'll roll with the less upside Fitz, but the "safer" play.

57 minutes ago, mjb said:

Not confident with Hogan here after returning from week 8 shoulder injury.  I think I'll roll with the less upside Fitz, but the "safer" play.

Yeah tough call there on Fitz who is a consensus top 10 WR play this week. :rolleyes:

I want to play Hogan badly, but feel I need to add Amendola just in case he’s a surprise inactive.  Problem is that takes away a crucial roster spot for me when we lock rosters in the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, RampaginRussian said:

final report should be today sometime. 

Won't be helpful if he's a gametime call.  He was questionable on the last report.

Mike Reiss posted this Saturday morning (presumably before the final practice):

"Chris Hogan felt his shoulder responded well to the week of practice. Assuming there are no setbacks, he will be on the trip to Miami and likely is good to go for game action. He seemed to be in good spirits at the end of the week. So while there is still time that things could change, signs are pointing toward Hogan making his return Monday night."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4809039/patriots-wr-chris-hogans-shoulder-responds-well-to-week-of-practice

Did some lineup shuffling and picked up Amendola as a backup plan - on this train Monday. Upside in this situation is high enough to be bold imo.

6 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

Any word on if hogan made the flight to Miami?

He got caught in a turnstyle at the airport. Went home instead.

Just now, rag9876 said:
Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
FollowFollow @jeffphowe
More

Chris Hogan is traveling with the Patriots to Miami, per source. Good chance to play after missing four games with a shoulder injury.

Just now, rag9876 said:
Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
FollowFollow @jeffphowe
More

Chris Hogan is traveling with the Patriots to Miami, per source. Good chance to play after missing four games with a shoulder injury.

Hmmm, I was thinking of starting Amendola but this news now concerns me. Do you think Hogan cuts into Amendola targets?

3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Hmmm, I was thinking of starting Amendola but this news now concerns me. Do you think Hogan cuts into Amendola targets?

Yes, Amendola is a very weak play this week.

9 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Yes, Amendola is a very weak play this week.

You can see how desperate I am. No confidence in most of my WRs....Diggs, Funchess, Stills. Oh well, it was a thought....

thanks for the input. 

luckily don't need hogan to win my matchup this week so less stress watching the game tomorrow...however hoping he comes out healthy so he can start tearing it up the next two rounds.