The Caucasian Sensation

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

On 12/11/2017 at 11:56 PM, atrium said:

Errr..... was anyone, at any point during the season, considering Chris Hogan a WR1?

On 12/12/2017 at 12:02 AM, Braves16 said:

Just the moron who wrote that. 

after 5 games of the season Chris Hogan had the numbers to be slotted into WR1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

after 5 games of the season Chris Hogan had the numbers to be slotted into WR1

Yea I want to say he was the #8WR after the first 5 games, and was still in the top 20 when the Patriots went into the bye.

Very nervous starting Hogan in a tough match up. Likely WR 3, 5/65.

Any word on if he's close to 100%?  It looks like he's still listed as questionable.  Potential dud and potential week winner.  Ugh, torn on this one.

23 hours ago, mjb said:

Very nervous starting Hogan in a tough match up. Likely WR 3, 5/65.

If you start 3WR's, there is a huge potential upside for Hogan in this game.

13 minutes ago, mjb said:

Any word on if he's close to 100%?  It looks like he's still listed as questionable.  Potential dud and potential week winner.  Ugh, torn on this one.

Monitor the "injury" but the Pats are great for shenanigans with the injury report.  I' m more concerned with Cooks getting more love from Brady instead of Hogan

SB Nation blurb .......

"The return of Rob Gronkowski to the lineup certainly changes the Patriots offensive make-up and his presence creates a trickle down effect for everyone else. Last week, without Gronkowski, the Dolphins were happy to double cover both Brandin Cooks and Chris Hogan on the sidelines and to give up yards underneath to the Patriots running backs or to tight end Dwayne Allen.

With Gronkowski in the lineup and running up the seam, one of Cooks and Hogan should have a favorable match-up on the outside, or else Gronkowski will be open in the middle. He’s the engine that opens up opportunities and with the Steelers weaker at linebacker, there should be plenty of opportunities."

Well, that solves some of our questions.  Likely inactive.

Probably droppable at this point? Don’t see any situation in which you can start him with confidence next week...

This guy just made my week a lil more stressful.  First Wentz, then Fournette,  now him.  

I was forced to scoop Corey Coleman.

Dropping him. His replacement likely won't play either for me this week or next, but no way I start Hogan even if he plays next week. Bench lotto ticket here I come

This inactive was only shocking to people who don't read this forum.  We had a warning:

On 12/15/2017 at 6:46 AM, Patsgofor6 said:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2017/12/rob_gronkowski_out_to_pay_back_the_patriots_for_his_suspension

“All the while, wideout Chris Hogan returned from a four-game absence due to a shoulder injury that continued to bother him so badly that he dropped his arm in agony after attempting to block for Dion Lewis on a second-quarter screen pass.”

sh*t.....

For some reason I'm the only person who "liked" this very important post.  Rotoworld dropped the ball not giving us this info, but the forum came through.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:51 AM, atrium said:

Probably droppable at this point? Don’t see any situation in which you can start him with confidence next week...

So I haven’t seen much from anyone here on Hogan’s “droppability”. I personally have him ready to drop for McKinnon tonight. I have no intent on starting Hogan on Sunday (and my opponent doesn’t seem to need him either). Anyone else dumping him?

5 minutes ago, jadakid said:

So I haven’t seen much from anyone here on Hogan’s “droppability”. I personally have him ready to drop for McKinnon tonight. I have no intent on starting Hogan on Sunday (and my opponent doesn’t seem to need him either). Anyone else dumping him?

dump away. Brady is not particularly sharp v the Bills. He was a disaster in this matchup 3 weeks ago - was the beginning of this slump as a matter of fact.

The Bills have a horrid run defense, so the Patriots shouldn't have to pass too much.  We have two anecdotal reports that Hogan's shoulder isn't right (wincing in practice and wincing in the Miami game).  He's a desperation play this week.

back to limited practice, doubt anyone will play him however i may be desperate enough since my other options are the likes of cooper kupp, mike wallace , DT, and keenan cole. my opponent playing brady so i can hope he throws a td to hogan to wash. 

4 minutes ago, brosephd said:

back to limited practice, doubt anyone will play him however i may be desperate enough since my other options are the likes of cooper kupp, mike wallace , DT, and keenan cole. my opponent playing brady so i can hope he throws a td to hogan to wash. 

not that crazy if he ends up getting a full practice in 

5 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Anyone considering starting Hogan if he plays?

Probably would be a bad idea, considering how many mouths there are to feed..

Favorite to win league, can’t risk a 0 in the finals. He could have a monster game, but hoping they keep him out till playoffs.

Anyone going for broke here. Capable of monster games.

4 minutes ago, mjb said:

Anyone going for broke here. Capable of monster games.

No way could I start him. I dropped him at the beginning of the week. Even when he played he didn't make plays 2 weeks ago. He had chances. I would start just about anyone over him.

8 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

No way could I start him. I dropped him at the beginning of the week. Even when he played he didn't make plays 2 weeks ago. He had chances. I would start just about anyone over him.

If he is active, I may put him in my lineup, although wouldn’t feel great about it.   I wouldn’t base a decision solely on the Miami game.  Gronk makes a massive difference for this offense.  Without him, they could double Cooks and Hogan deep, which they did.  Cooks was s--- down too.  Hogan came close to a TD, just couldn’t get the second foot down in the end zone.  He’s also had 2 more  weeks to heal.  Even at less than 100%, he has TD potential bc Brady loves him in the red zone.  It really depends upon your other options.  I’m scrambling without AB.