Sign in to follow this  
wendellrott

Danny Amendola 2017 Outlook

Hoping to land him on waivers to fill in for Mike Thomas this week. If I don't get him, might hop on the Trent(?) Taylor train for a week.

Amendola will be inconsistent all year, as much from health as situation. Thursday looks weird to me: a boom/bust game. I could see him putting up a dud simply because TB can't cover Hogan, Cooks, and Gronk - but I could also see him getting 8/100/1 because TB can't cover him.

Definitely worth owning.  I sadly had to drop him in one league, but the slot player on the Pats offense is always worth something.

Be weary though as Amendola did jack crap until the final Patriots drive of the game.  I was eyeing him in my DFS lineups and he had 3 catches for 26 yards with 8 minutes to go.  In the game tying drive he got a lot of use, which is interesting because prior to the game I was reading an Amendola appreciation thread on the Pats forums where fans were lauding him for all the clutch plays he makes.  Anyway, he had back to back catches for 22 yards on the first drive and didn't get another catch until the end of the 3rd, so use with caution as it doesn't look like he's necessarily going to get regular usage.  Additionally the glass man is still returning punts for some reason.

On the flip side you will probably have to expect ALL Patriots skill players aside from Gronk to be inconsistent, as even the most expensive piece Cooks is having some crazy highs and lows.  Perhaps the late game production will lead to more usage going forward, and it still wouldn't surprise me if he magically started putting up consistent week to week Welker/Edelman numbers at any given time.

On 10/1/2017 at 3:47 PM, nonstopfan said:

It's true. Owners will go chasing  points this Thursday. WR5 may be a bit much, but there will be a ton on inconsistency.

You really think so?  I mean the two games he played fully healthy he got a lot of targets and a lot of fantasy points. 

I'm on the complete opposite side here.  He had a fantastic week with a lot of targets and catches week 1, then he missed a week 2, then only played about 1/2 the snaps on his first week back (seemingly being eased back in coming off the injury) week 3, then got a lot of targets again week 4.  I feel like if Amendola is healthy you should absolutely start him every week he's playing in any sort of PPR (I have been personally).

Naturally the caveat to owning him is clearly how many healthy games he'll play for the season but if/when he's a full-go I'm absolutely starting him every time.

Edited by Kyle87

He's in my lineup could be talked out of it...Adam humphries is his NFC doppelgänger kinda lookin at him he's totally off the radar right now

3 minutes ago, Irish bayou said:

He's in my lineup could be talked out of it...Adam humphries is his NFC doppelgänger kinda lookin at him he's totally off the radar right now

Yea, I've held on to this fart knocker too. I'm not sure why...

thinking his "safety" in ppr has me possibly starting him over guys like Amari cooper. or even ellington.. fantasy is one hell of a mind f__ sometimes

didn't think id be starting him over my 2nd round pick

Edited by floppy

On 9/30/2017 at 8:48 AM, nonstopfan said:

Same boat. I just dropped him as well. Between him and John Brown, over the last two years or so, I think it's a bi-weekly ritual for me to drop and pick them up every two weeks. Both of them have a lot of upside but so annoying to own. See you soon....again Amendola lol.

add me to the list.  my opponent picked him up so i expect him to go off tonight.

SImilar situation as many with Thomas out.  Can't decide between him and Jaron from Zona in ppr.  Looked at Amendola's snap count and has been steady 30 to 40 a game.  But first game he left early and last two was nursing his injury.  Do we think he's over the injury and possibly run more routes with Gronk hurting?

2 hours ago, Amendola96 said:

Flexing him today. 

Why flex him if you know he is gonna be your wr2? One of your starters could get hurt/suspended .Fantasy football 101.

On 10/4/2017 at 2:25 AM, Irish bayou said:

I'm starting him against the bucs super high implied point total might bust ( could honestly be another injury game)  but bye week filler and rotoworld will have to deal with him if he gets another TD ha ha!!! Good for at least 5-8 points ppr I'd think.  

Start him over tyrell Williams ???

Hell no

On 10/4/2017 at 3:24 AM, CharlesCC2 said:

Definitely worth owning.  I sadly had to drop him in one league, but the slot player on the Pats offense is always worth something.

Be weary though as Amendola did jack crap until the final Patriots drive of the game.  I was eyeing him in my DFS lineups and he had 3 catches for 26 yards with 8 minutes to go.  In the game tying drive he got a lot of use, which is interesting because prior to the game I was reading an Amendola appreciation thread on the Pats forums where fans were lauding him for all the clutch plays he makes.  Anyway, he had back to back catches for 22 yards on the first drive and didn't get another catch until the end of the 3rd, so use with caution as it doesn't look like he's necessarily going to get regular usage.  Additionally the glass man is still returning punts for some reason.

On the flip side you will probably have to expect ALL Patriots skill players aside from Gronk to be inconsistent, as even the most expensive piece Cooks is having some crazy highs and lows.  Perhaps the late game production will lead to more usage going forward, and it still wouldn't surprise me if he magically started putting up consistent week to week Welker/Edelman numbers at any given time.

Yeah, Dola is the guy in clutch situations.  He'll literally do nothing all game, and then will start grabbing everything when it counts.  They need to take him off of punts and limit him to 20 snaps a game until the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Gronk now Doubtful

If thats the case whose all in on Danny tonight :o

Meeeee starting him in flex over a banged up Baldwin 

4 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Why flex him if you know he is gonna be your wr2? One of your starters could get hurt/suspended .Fantasy football 101.

You're a smart guy. Thanks 

18 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Gronk is out for tonight.  Not sure if I should flex murray or Danny in a full point ppr.  Tough call?

i'm also not sure about him as a flex.  have jaron brown going instead.  It just scares me that he didn't do much last week until late in the game

Amendola might get more targets, then again he might not due to Lewis, Burkhead, White, Gillislee, Dorsett, Cooks, Hogan, Allen, and their other tight end whose name escapes me... those targets could get spread out and even though Amendola is clutch catching wise, he might not see a huge uptick in workload if they spread it out. 

With that said, he’s still flex worthy in .5 and full PPR leagues.

Starting for me. Unsure if Adams will recover on time and dont need the headache with M Bryant.

55 point over under on this game.  If you aren't starting Danny tonight just drop him...

Tampa pass defense is horrid. Yes, they have other weapons but 3 players can easily eat tonight if not 4.

Brady clearly likes to Throw to Amendola. 8-90-1 or even 2 wouldn't be a shock. Then again, neither would 2-27-0.

That being said, if you aren't going to start him today you never will.