Sign in to follow this  
nk3323

Might have messed up my draft, please help! WHIR

I picked 5th in a 12 team league. 1/2 ppr. with a flex.  We take breaks every couple of rounds.

Picked Gordon, then Gurley (passed on cooks, baldwin)   Top 3 Qbs off the board, best WRs available are TY (although Luck's health is a BIG concern for me)  Pryor, Allen, D. Thomas  - all not worth taking this early IMO

RBs available are Lynch, Crow, Hyde, etc....  Am I crazy for thinking of taking a 3rd RB (even though i would start him as a flex) ?  I don't really see much value here. 

You're thinking about passing on T.Y. Hilton in the third round of a 12 team draft?

Luck's gonna miss like a week or two.  And even if he DIES, Hilton is still the reigning NFL receiving yards leader--AND you already have two stud RBs!  (Although reaching for Gordon when you should have McCoy is going to cost you.)

Do the math.

2 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

You're thinking about passing on T.Y. Hilton in the third round of a 12 team draft?

Luck's gonna miss like a week or two.  And even if he DIES, Hilton is still the reigning NFL receiving yards leader--AND you already have two stud RBs!  (Although reaching for Gordon when you should have McCoy is going to cost you.)

Do the math.

Imo. I think luck is done for at least half the year. He may even have to retire.  Hilton will probably have 1,000 yards and 5-6 TDs.  I can get that a round later. Any other ideas?  

I might have passed on Gurley and went WR in the second, but it's all preference.  If you think he's gonna bounce back, then it's fine going RB in the first two rounds.  

As for your 3rd round pick, I don't have a problem taking a 3rd RB to start the draft, but I don't think the options are worth it when you can get guys just as productive(Hunt, Anderson, Ingram) later.  What about taking a TE or QB?  Probably a little early for Aaron Rogers or a guy like Travis Kelce(decent pick in a 1/2 pt PPR), but neither is likely to make it back to you in the 4th round.  I think I'd rather have an elite at one of those positions then reach for a WR or RB, when I think there is plenty of depth at both spots later.  

24 minutes ago, wecj3381 said:

I might have passed on Gurley and went WR in the second, but it's all preference.  If you think he's gonna bounce back, then it's fine going RB in the first two rounds.  

As for your 3rd round pick, I don't have a problem taking a 3rd RB to start the draft, but I don't think the options are worth it when you can get guys just as productive(Hunt, Anderson, Ingram) later.  What about taking a TE or QB?  Probably a little early for Aaron Rogers or a guy like Travis Kelce(decent pick in a 1/2 pt PPR), but neither is likely to make it back to you in the 4th round.  I think I'd rather have an elite at one of those positions then reach for a WR or RB, when I think there is plenty of depth at both spots later.  

Top 3 qbs are gone..kelce is there. That could be an interesting pick but way too early for a TE not named gronk But I'm targeting graham, Olsen, or Reed in the 5th

Edited by nk3323

1 hour ago, nk3323 said:

Imo. I think luck is done for at least half the year. He may even have to retire.  Hilton will probably have 1,000 yards and 5-6 TDs.  I can get that a round later. Any other ideas?  

LOL

Then I guess I can't help you.

They're being very quiet about his recovery. That really scares me.  You really mean to tell me that if tolzien is the Qb for the year that ty will produce like a high end wr2/ low wr1?

You really mean to tell me that if Tolzien is the QB for the year that they will just throw in the towel and hand off to Gore on every play?

Even in the highly unlikely event that Luck is out for the year, he played all of 2016 with a shoulder so sore he could hardly throw in practice and needed pain injections to get through games--and Hilton led the NFL in receiving yardage.  I don't think Tolzien (or perhaps even more likely, Stephen Morris) can totally kill his production in this offense.

You're overthinking this - TY is a steal at your spot.

Just FYI Pryor and Allen are also worth the (29th?) overall pick but TY should be your pick without hesitation.

since you pick in the middle of the draft you arent bound to positions as much

if you were pick near the turns then it would be a bad idea but you should be able to get good wr production in the 4th and 5th rds