Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Chicago

Streaming Defenses 2017

Recommended Posts

It would seem most logical to take DEF/ST that is playing the NYJets during a given week.  Right?

 

I drafted PIT but BUF is still avail.     

 

Im also thinking that the team playing CHI, CLE, DEN, JAX, IND(without Luck) and SF would be a good option as well because of the lack of QB quality and low offensive production.

 

What say ye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm streaming the Buffalo D Week 1. I don't know much about their D, but I know Josh McCown is the QB for the Jets. He's 38 and brittle as well; which means one hard hit away from Hackenburg. Plus their #1 receiver is Robby Anderson or some rookie. I didn't even draft a defense knowing I was starting the Bills in Week 1. I'll figure out the rest of the weeks after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

I'm streaming the Buffalo D Week 1. I don't know much about their D, but I know Josh McCown is the QB for the Jets. He's 38 and brittle as well; which means one hard hit away from Hackenburg. Plus their #1 receiver is Robby Anderson or some rookie. I didn't even draft a defense knowing I was starting the Bills in Week 1. I'll figure out the rest of the weeks after that.

Yeah, I'm on Buff as well. Unfortunately they don't get them again until week 9. They do get Den at home in week 3. Outside of that though, not many other playable weeks. Both Miami matchups are late. Wouldn't mind streaming against ole Jay Cutler whenever I can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been eyeing the BUF D for a month, knowing they play the Jets week 1.

 

But I'm looking at the Bengals D now.

They open at home vs the Ravens and their unsettled run game, and either: a gimpy, rusty Flacco who threw 15 ints last year , along with just 20 tds, or Ryan Mallet, who is Ryan Mallet.

 

Week 2 the Bengals get the Texans and their untested qb play. Again at home. AND, on a Thursday night.

A team led by Tom Savage, on the road, in a Thursday night game, is a team I will confidently play my DST against.

Edited by candygram4mongo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaguars this year are going to be FIRE and mostly unowned in leagues 12 team and under. I'm throwing them out there week 1 v Houston but thought about Buffalo myself. Jets torched them last year though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

I've been eyeing the BUF D for a month, knowing they play the Jets week 1.

 

But I'm looking at the Bengals D now.

They open at home vs the Ravens and their unsettled run game, and either: a gimpy, rusty Flacco who threw 15 ints last year , along with just 20 tds, or Ryan Mallet, who is Ryan Mallet.

 

Week 2 the Bengals get the Texans and their untested qb play. Again at home. AND, on a Thursday night.

A team led by Tom Savage, on the road, in a Thursday night game, is a team I will play my DST against.

That's pretty sound logic. I like it. 

 

Bucs are worth a look in week 2 as well. Home against the Bears. Glennon vs his old squad. I like the home squad's chances. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dabeesta17 said:

I'm streaming the Buffalo D Week 1. I don't know much about their D, but I know Josh McCown is the QB for the Jets. He's 38 and brittle as well; which means one hard hit away from Hackenburg. Plus their #1 receiver is Robby Anderson or some rookie. I didn't even draft a defense knowing I was starting the Bills in Week 1. I'll figure out the rest of the weeks after that.

 

This. I can't wait to grab every D that plays the Jets. How can you do better than streaming defenses against a team that is DESIGNED to lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Steelers are a really nice streaming option to start the year. The first 5 weeks they get the Browns, Vikings, Bears, Ravens, and Jaguars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stevie Chicago said:

It would seem most logical to take DEF/ST that is playing the NYJets during a given week.  Right?

 

I drafted PIT but BUF is still avail.     

 

Im also thinking that the team playing CHI, CLE, DEN, JAX, IND(without Luck) and SF would be a good option as well because of the lack of QB quality and low offensive production.

 

What say ye?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does everyone think of Baltimore week 1 @ Cincy? 

 

They the Browns and then Jax the two weeks after that so was thinking of streaming this week and so I can make sure I have them week two.. thoughts ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like ATL DST at Chicago. I thought about BUF but I don't think their defense is very good. Yeah the Jets suck but you can get burned by streaming a poor DST. 

Edited by ponchsox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tywalson said:

Jaguars this year are going to be FIRE and mostly unowned in leagues 12 team and under. I'm throwing them out there week 1 v Houston but thought about Buffalo myself. Jets torched them last year though...

 

I drafted Jags but dropped them for Pittsburgh after watching Jacksonville offense in preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

What does everyone think of Baltimore week 1 @ Cincy? 

 

They the Browns and then Jax the two weeks after that so was thinking of streaming this week and so I can make sure I have them week two.. thoughts ?

 

I like where you are going with this. 

 

it breaks my heart to see people taking 'elite' defenses round 9-11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's a year ago...but the bills D scored 1 point and -3 points vs the jets last season.  They are still on waivers in all of my leagues.  I prefer the Steelers D vs Cleveland who scored 30 and 12 pts in 2 games last year.  Panthers D vs SF should be good.  I also like the Rams vs Indy without Luck starting.  Those are my 3 week 1 choices.  

 

I would stay away from Ravens D @ Cincy.  I'm banking on AJG smoking them a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.