Sign in to follow this  
mulhollandvelvet

Phillip Dorsett 2017 Season Outlook

Have a hard believing if he couldn't make the colts he'd be anywhere but the end of the Pats bench.

16 minutes ago, Dapro said:

I dropped my last man on bench to see what happens. I see he got over 22k add on yahoo. I guess those people are doing the same thing.

but didn't you pick up your last man on your bench to see what happen?

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

but didn't you pick up your last man on your bench to see what happen?

That is what the last bench spot is for. Especially in my 14 teams league where the bench are mostly scrubs.

Anyone taking a flier on him? Could be a stash or a WW add a few weeks in.  Imo once he learns the offense,  he could be the slot man and be a faster version of Edelman 

Pats O is supposedly complicated....they don't use sticks bottle caps or paper wrappers to tell you what guy you are and where to go...so they already had 5 guys still once JE went down that knew something....hard to see this guy walking in and taking over as their number 1 when the Colts devoid of wr playmakers would let him go for a fill in QB...

Its the Pats, they have a history of finding gems and Brady takes players and make them look Pro Bowl like. If he can get the playbook, imagine the speed of cooks and dorsett!

Stashing to see what occurs in a few weeks.

Lots of people stashing this guy - most added guy on Yahoo and I'm wondering if those are all from 20 team leagues.  Just so many mouths to feed on the Pats.  Same old mantra that we've always heard.  It's not as if this guy is Randy Moss.  I have a hard time believing that he will all of a sudden become an all pro. 

yeah, but SOMEONE has to replace Edelman .   Also, Edelman wasn't exactly an all pro either and neither was Wes Welker

On 9/3/2017 at 5:01 PM, CooL said:

Lots of people stashing this guy - most added guy on Yahoo and I'm wondering if those are all from 20 team leagues.  Just so many mouths to feed on the Pats.  Same old mantra that we've always heard.  It's not as if this guy is Randy Moss.  I have a hard time believing that he will all of a sudden become an all pro. 

I think this is exactly the type of player that Belichick loves: very specific qualities, somewhat overlooked by other teams, and in need of a reboot. I threw the dart and will keep him on my bench for 3-4 rounds, to see what happens. If he gets a couple plays each week and the numbers seem to be growing then he might be a keeper, and otherwise no harm done (I have a big bench with 7 players).

On 9/4/2017 at 0:35 PM, nk3323 said:

yeah, but SOMEONE has to replace Edelman .   Also, Edelman wasn't exactly an all pro either and neither was Wes Welker

That someone will be Malcolm Mitchell.  This move is for depth, nothing more.   Dorsett is pretty bad at football.

11 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

That someone will be Malcolm Mitchell.  This move is for depth, nothing more.   Dorsett is pretty bad at football.

Mitchell is not replacing Edelman, lol.

Might as well have said Malcolm Merlyn was replacing Edelman.

12 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Mitchell is not replacing Edelman, lol.

Might as well have said Malcolm Merlyn was replacing Edelman.

Cooks pulls a free safety away from Gronk.  It's a tough system to learn.  BB got Cooks to open up the middle of the field.  BB isn't dumb. 

Gronk gets an even bigger ceiling as Brady's most trusted receiver.   I took Gronk in the 1st round.  Still got me a Shady, Hyde, Jeffery, Marshall, Luck, Ingram, Woodhead, Maclin, John Brown, etc...  Gronk going down just means I get the same TE points as everyone else.  Plenty of top 10 TEs on the waiver wire.  Same as every other year.  We don't even know who BALs top TE will be yet.  I like that guy.

RBs also get more volume ala Shane Vereen.

3 hours ago, iheartrubio said:

Dorsett is pretty bad at football.

At the colts he didn't get a lot of plays but his ypc is enormous. How do you consider him "pretty bad at football", because it's basically 80% the same route? He made some pretty decent catches I would say.

BB doesn't generally pick players who are pretty bad; he picks players with potential.

"BB doesn't generally pick players who are pretty bad; he picks players with potential."

True, but he is more than willing to dump you very, very quickly if you do not measure up.

Edited by wahl35

Agreed. I think we'll see pretty soon whether it's dump or trump and if the first, there's plenty more where he came from.

1 hour ago, wahl35 said:

"BB doesn't generally pick players who are pretty bad; he picks players with potential."

True, but he is more than willing to dump you very, very quickly if you do not measure up.

This is the truth, and also the approach we need to take with dorsett in fantasy. Grab him for his potential and dump him if/when he doesn't capitalize on the opportunity. 

Them picking up Dorsett is why I let Mitchell go on my dynasty team (didn't keep him for this season). Mitchell's role was still murky after the Edelman injury and now they added a raw talented receiver. Dorsett and Mitchell will probably battle for the same roster spot.

Cant see him being relevant at all.  If a wr in front of him gets injuried, pats simply go more 2TE sets with Allen.  Heck, i can see james white or dion lewis manning the vacated wr position before Dorsett

51 minutes ago, devaster said:

Them picking up Dorsett is why I let Mitchell go on my dynasty team (didn't keep him for this season). Mitchell's role was still murky after the Edelman injury and now they added a raw talented receiver. Dorsett and Mitchell will probably battle for the same roster spot.

No, Dorsett was signed to fill in for if one of Hogan, Cooks and Mitchell if one were too get injured. Having him go deep opens up the offense for Gronk while the other two WR's move the chains. Dorsett may get involved with punt returns in the future. 

Swipe LEFT people!

This guy is not good at football, and I've spent too much time hoping he would get good at it!

Look at Grigon's draft record: we have practically no one on our roster that was pick in the first 3 rounds on our team from the past THREE years!!! 

He'll provide depth for the Pats and that's about it. Think Hayward Bet with worse hands (which is CRAZY cause DHB didn't have great hands either)

Gawd Ryan Grigson's the worst....

Edited by ColtsBaby!!
Right/left...I don't use tinder sorry