Sign in to follow this  
mulhollandvelvet

Phillip Dorsett 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Usage was encouraging until he left the game with a knee injury in the 4th. Anybody watch the game? Just wondering if it looked potentially serious or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 12:40 AM, pikerbkb said:

Usage was encouraging until he left the game with a knee injury in the 4th. Anybody watch the game? Just wondering if it looked potentially serious or not. 

i was reading he would have came back if the game was close 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

i was reading he would have came back if the game was close 

 

 

He also said that he hoped to practice this week. Being the Patriots we will never know what the truth is since their injury report is guarded by the Illuminati.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, throwaway9614 said:

Any update on his status?

 

091817patsnl16.jpg

 

Obviously, the Pats are stretched thin, but things might not be as bleak as initially thought. Hogan walked through the locker room at one point briskly and without a noticeable limp. Dorsett said he feels fine.

“I feel good,” he said. “Just a little sore, but I’m all right.”

That was his tone throughout as reporters gathered around his locker as he did his best to calm the fears of Patriots fans everywhere.

“Yeah, I think we’ll be alright, though,” he said. “I mean, we’re tough guys. We’ll be fine.”

No one will know how fine until the end of the week. Asked if he will play Sunday against the Houston Texans, Dorsett said simply, “I hope so.”

 

Best we have for now. He sounds like he'll be good to go. He seems to have integrated with the team right away. Seems like a "Patriot guy". Says all the right things. 

 

3 targets, 3 rec for 68 yards and 1 carry for 7 yards with only 2 weeks on the team. Pretty impressive.

 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/19/phillip-dorsett-knee-injury-update/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Practiced on a limited basis yesterday, and is at practice again today (not sure of the level though). Not trying to tea leaf anything here, but Dorsett, who just joined the team two weeks ago and has a similar skill-set to Cooks, outplayed Cooks against a defense (Saints) that Cooks should know better than anyone on the Patriots team and/or coaching staff. Even with Mitchell, Amendola and Edelman out, the new guy outplayed Cooks, who's been there since March. Maybe Dorsett becomes what the Patriots thought Cooks would be. Regardless, he's someone you should grab now for free just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stealing my blurb from the waiver wire touts thread. Hope this doesn't eff me in my league come claims tonight... 

 

One of the best plug and plays this week...  Phillip Dorsett.

 

Hogan should be out the next couple weeks.

 

Enter Dorsett. He should be playing on the outside with Cooks in the Pats offense sliding in as the WR2 in the Chris Hogan role. 

 

McDaniel's has been on record of wanting to get him more involved in the second half. 

 

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/Phillip-Dorsetts-role-with-New-England-Patriots-could-increase-as-season-progresses-110070230

 

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/bill-belichick-says-phillip-dorsett-152612538.html

 

Remember the Patriots passing scheme is one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL. 

 

As a Pats fan in his first game on the team and while Amendola was out hurt he looked terrific in limited action and I literally kept getting him confused with Brandin Cooks at times (1 digit off on the jersey and same size/speed) 

 

He could be in for a big day with a lot of snaps if he performs, I don't think he just disappears either. 

 

Edited by Dirtywater97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, krest509 said:

I need more to Bite the Bait 

 

I think its worth the stash if you can afford it. See how he does this weekend..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000846403/Phillip-Dorsett-hauls-in-huge-38-yard-pass-from-Tom-Brady

 

 

Is that Brandin Cooks or Phillip Dorsett? ?

 

Only played 8 snaps last week. Going to see a massive shift in that number this week and the next few while Hogan is gone.

 

2nd WR spot in the Pats offense has always managed to be productive despite how many options they have in this offense.  May, even start eating into Amendola's role following Hogan's return.

 

Tough matchup against the Broncos, but I have him stashed. Gets Oakland next week.

 

For those of you in keepers / dynasty Amendola is a FA next year.

 

EDIT: Referencing the Saints game because that's the last time he had an opportunity like this. (Amendola out)

Edited by Dirtywater97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's a ballsy call, really dig these later season specs ... that being said, you just know it'll either be 7/102/1 or 2/14/0 - no middle ground , i highly doubt he has a "decent" (middling) type of game - boom/bust here, folks

 

Image result for bill belichick no days off meme

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

it's a ballsy call, really dig these later season specs ... that being said, you just know it'll either be 7/102/1 or 2/14/0 - no middle ground , i highly doubt he has a "decent" (middling) type of game - boom/bust here, folks

 

Image result for bill belichick no days off meme

Yeah, I'll either look like a fool or a genius most likely. Huge Pats fan and watch every game and watching Dorsett that game he jumped off the screen to me for a player who just showed up to the team with little to no playbook knowledge. I've been watching like a hawk for him to get his chance ever since.

 

I will say if you are skeptical monitor his snaps and targets this week and pick him up the next for OAK. 

 

Could be a good play if you are projected to lose by a wide margin. High ceiling low floor play. The one thing I love how about him though is the Pats have so many weapons you can't devote much attention to him. So he should get a lot of good deep looks.

 

He is also in his magical '3rd year' at WR that everyone blows their load over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dirtywater97 amendola may be a free agent but edelman will be back however brandin cooks has a club option 

 

anyone have an idea of how much that goes for ? we all know the pats don't like to pay up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flyers_28 said:

@Dirtywater97 amendola may be a free agent but edelman will be back however brandin cooks has a club option 

 

anyone have an idea of how much that goes for ? we all know the pats don't like to pay up 

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. Hogan also has a club option next year as well. Think it sits around 3 or 3.5 mil for him.

 

Here is Brandin Cooks... say around 8.5 mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/brandin-cooks-14429/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Yeah, I'll either look like a fool or a genius most likely. Huge Pats fan and watch every game and watching Dorsett that game he jumped off the screen to me for a player who just showed up to the team with little to no playbook knowledge. I've been watching like a hawk for him to get his chance ever since.

 

I will say if you are skeptical monitor his snaps and targets this week and pick him up the next for OAK. 

 

Could be a good play if you are projected to lose by a wide margin. High ceiling low floor play. The one thing I love how about him though is the Pats have so many weapons you can't devote much attention to him. So he should get a lot of good deep looks.

 

He is also in his magical '3rd year' at WR that everyone blows their load over.

 

great stuff up in here, DW - kudos

 

no room at the inn this week for me with AJ and DJax going,  but will definitely be in play for next week vs. Oakland - best of luck to you w/the spec, and to the Pats rest of the way B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 4:54 AM, Dirtywater97 said:

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. Hogan also has a club option next year as well. Think it sits around 3 or 3.5 mil for him.

 

Here is Brandin Cooks... say around 8.5 mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/brandin-cooks-14429/

Interestingly if you look up Dorsett on playerprofiler.com his name closest comp is.... Brandin Cooks. I don't always agree with their comps, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 3:08 AM, Dirtywater97 said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000846403/Phillip-Dorsett-hauls-in-huge-38-yard-pass-from-Tom-Brady

 

 

Is that Brandin Cooks or Phillip Dorsett? ?

 

Only played 8 snaps last week. Going to see a massive shift in that number this week and the next few while Hogan is gone.

 

2nd WR spot in the Pats offense has always managed to be productive despite how many options they have in this offense.  May, even start eating into Amendola's role following Hogan's return.

 

Tough matchup against the Broncos, but I have him stashed. Gets Oakland next week.

 

For those of you in keepers / dynasty Amendola is a FA next year.

 

EDIT: Referencing the Saints game because that's the last time he had an opportunity like this. (Amendola out)

Not a Pats fan but the biggest thing I got from this is Brady is ******** good lol. But seriously I do like the usage. If he had one more blocker on that last play (tunnel screen?) he might have scored. He definitely has talent. He was a first round pick for a reason. 

 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/phillip-dorsett?id=2552424

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 3:02 PM, pikerbkb said:

 

091817patsnl16.jpg

 

Forgot I posted this pic several weeks ago. Guy looks like: a) he was just found not guilty in a Chinese court, or b )  he just got traded from a dumpster fire of a franchise to a perennial contender. 

Edited by pikerbkb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad add. I may pick him up. 

 

Something has to give. Brady will probably complete about 25 passes this game for about 300 yards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

Interestingly if you look up Dorsett on playerprofiler.com his name closest comp is.... Brandin Cooks. I don't always agree with their comps, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence. 

 

1 hour ago, pikerbkb said:

Not a Pats fan but the biggest thing I got from this is Brady is ******** good lol. But seriously I do like the usage. If he had one more blocker on that last play (tunnel screen?) he might have scored. He definitely has talent. He was a first round pick for a reason. 

 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/phillip-dorsett?id=2552424

 Their measurables are almost identical and both played at big college programs and had phenomenal production. I think Dorsett is worse tracking the deep ball, but better with the ball in space and creating YAC (perfect for the Pats offense).

 

Yeah, I could honestly see them not paying Brandin Cooks next year and sliding Dorsett in his spot for pennies on the dollar. It would be a very Patriots type move.

 

One thing I forgot to mention is he actually left that game early with a knee injury. He could of have had an even bigger game if not for that. Extremely impressive tape to me for a guy with only 2 weeks under his belt at that point.

 

Hogan is now ruled out and I doubt he plays next week either. Also, Amendola is banged up with a shoulder this week as well. I think he is going to play, but it should definitely help Dorsett get in the game even more, especially if he aggregates it further. Amendola has extensive injury history.

 

The Broncos defense is is not scary as it used to be, and I really think will have a breakout game within the next two weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, krest509 said:

dont see why to Risk it on this this guy

If you are in small league you probably shouldn't. But he has considerable upside and I suspect more people would be on board if Hogan were out longer. Don't be surprised if he eats into Amendola's role in the future though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, krest509 said:

dont see why to Risk it on this this guy

 

I'm in WR hell in my 3 WR deep league and am thinking about starting him this week.  I don't want to turn this into assistant coach forum post, but just to explain to you why someone might be interested, I'll word this in a general sense:


Let's say you are playing a team that is a lot better than yours.  Wouldn't you rather start a wildcard high upside play like Dorsett than say... Randall Cobb even though he's "ranked" lower?

 

But he's a must stash for this week if you can IMO especially if you're not like me and don't have to start him.  I guarantee the majority of teams are stashing worse/lower upside in your league right now.

Edited by mmm sod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.