Sign in to follow this  
PackerBacker555

Trade for Odell? - WHIR 100%

Looking to trade for Odell Beckham in a large league. 0.5 ppr

I probably need to offer something better but what if I did: Jeffery + Coleman for Odell? 

He has antonio at the other wr spot but currently his best rb is Blount. Suggestions?

my current

rivers

hilton

jeffery

gurley

cook

brate 

flex- t Coleman 

bench- Doug Martin, Robby Anderson, c Patterson, j cook, Alex smith, smallwood

Thanks

I think you would have to offer something better in terms of an RB forsure. 

Jeffery is a lot of name value, not necessarily a high quality WR.

If i was the Odell owner, id probably be looking for Gurley + Jeffery at a minimum

thanks for the help on mine

I think Cook and Jeffrey should be a good negotiation start.  If he doesn't bite, then I agree with Gurley and Jeffrey, although I probably wouldn't take that if I was an Odell owner .  But if he takes it, congrats

Gurley has to be in this trade pretty much + plus Jeffery is good and then ask for his 3rd best WR should be a decent start but I know for me of I am OBJ owner I wouldn't do the trade tho but if u add Martin then I'll do it then maybe its a lot for u to give up as well

4 minutes ago, FuzyLucker said:

Gurley has to be in this trade pretty much + plus Jeffery is good and then ask for his 3rd best WR should be a decent start but I know for me of I am OBJ owner I wouldn't do the trade tho but if u add Martin then I'll do it then maybe its a lot for u to give up as well

Yeah that's a good final offer...I think with Martin too he may consider it

3 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

You're not getting OBJ.

/thread

You would be surprised in this league. Trades all the time and about 3 last year absolutely shocked me. 

I might try and wait until Martin gets back but his rbs are Blount and ivory with 1 on the bench in a 16 teamer 

OBJ is most likely his best player, so I think you are going to have to include Gurley+ for it to succeed. If I was the OBJ owner, it wouldn't really get me all that interested. 

You may have to be patient and wait on Gurley to show if he can be the guy he was two years ago.

Until Gurley actually starts playing well, I can't see that working but I agree that he's the best chance you have to get OBJ.

I just traded Gurley+M. Bryant for Evans in a 10 man ppr league. The Evans owner is fairly savvy. I imagine OBJ would cost roughly the same.

also, do we need a certain amount of posts before we are allowed to post a new topic in this Assistant Coach forum?

Elite players like OBJ are drafted in the first half of the first round for a reason.  I don't know if you are going to be able to get OBJ to be honest, even if it is Jeffery + Gurley.  It really comes to the hand of the other team owner and how much they covet OBJ.  With that said, I agree with what most of the other responses, which is to give Jeffery + Martin a go, and then try Jeffery + Gurley

Thanks for the response on mine

5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

you don't have the pieces to get OBJ, unless the other owner is currently in a drug induced coma

I agree. It's impossible to trade for an elite player in a large league. 

Roll with what you got OP and hope for the best.

Edited by Mr.STD

I think you would have to try Cook and Jeffery, but I doubt he accepts, I wouldn't for a top 5 pick.

2 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

I just traded Gurley+M. Bryant for Evans in a 10 man ppr league. The Evans owner is fairly savvy. I imagine OBJ would cost roughly the same.

also, do we need a certain amount of posts before we are allowed to post a new topic in this Assistant Coach forum?

I think you need to wait a day or a few days to post.

try dougie and Jeffrey and see if he bites. I wouldn't put my best deal first

9 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I think you need to wait a day or a few days to post.

try dougie and Jeffrey and see if he bites. I wouldn't put my best deal first

Dougie and Jeffrey is offensive.  You don't want to insult the guy.  That'll shut down all negotiations for some managers.  It has to be either  Gurley or Cook and Jeffrey for Odell , then doug Martin may have to additionally be thrown in for a 3 for 2.

10 minutes ago, sess said:

Dougie and Jeffrey is offensive.  You don't want to insult the guy.  That'll shut down all negotiations for some managers.  It has to be either  Gurley or Cook and Jeffrey for Odell , then doug Martin may have to additionally be thrown in for a 3 for 2.

Lol what? Offensive? If they get mad over a trade they shouldnt be playing fantasy, how will they handle a loss?

But yeah that's a good plan, start with your strongest offer first. Works well with buying a car at a dealership.

Edited by bhawks489

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

how will they handle a loss?

I think if I ever lost, I would change my team name to "Off to Guys."

Then I would post a message on the league message board that says, "Hey <team name>, you beat who?"

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Lol what? Offensive? If they get mad over a trade they shouldnt be playing fantasy, how will they handle a loss?

But yeah that's a good plan, start with your strongest offer first. Works well with buying a car at a dealership.

I'm not saying start with your highest offer, but at least put up an offer somewhat reasonable.  No one in their right mind would take Doug Martin and Jeffrey for Odell.  If they accepted, it would get vetoed.  I personally wouldn't get offended if I got that because I've gotten hilarious offers.  They entertain me.  But I've seen managers who would reject it, and counter offer something even more ridiculous to get the point across.  I just figure why waste the time

He won't bite with Coleman and Jeffery. 

Try with Doug Martin, then Cook and finally Gurley. Or Jeffery+Gurley for OBJ and someone useable. 

Might have to John st wait until Martin gets back from suspension for a trade. It will be hard to unload him. Also, this is an auction league so anyone could bid on a player.