phatrat

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options - Playoff Edition

I was thinking about streaming Garcia, but isn't CC questionable with a gimpy knee or something?

9 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

I was thinking about streaming Garcia, but isn't CC questionable with a gimpy knee or something?

Still listed as the starter tonight from what I can see

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:50 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I'm starting Woodruff.

Rolling Woodruff tonight also, thought about Stratton home vs. Dodgers.

I like Dillon Peters and Robert Stephenson tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, neljak25 said:

I like Dillon Peters

Phillies are putting up runs recently, I'm staying away with a guy as young and untested as Peters, but I'm definitely eyeing him Sunday vs. MIL

CC looks like a great start against TB in Citi Field. Rays stink against LHP.

5 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Possibly Lopez today vs. KC.  KC has had their moments lately, like yesterday, but he's been solid for the most part.  I don't have him yet, but was thinking about it.

im stacking into Lopez

I guess you could do worse than Lopez. I went with Woodruff, but his 9 walks over 23.2 IP aren't much better than Lopez's 10 over 22.1.

51 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

im stacking into Lopez

I'm assuming that means you are stacking hitters against Lopez.

Honestly, I am probably just going to stick with Woodruff and drop Lopez.  No real reason to take the risk in the end I suppose.  I picked up Woodruff days ago, so I was pretty confident rolling with him, but Lopez was just a pickup this morning so others didn't get him (several teams in the league stream daily).

Just now, KilloWertz said:

I'm assuming that means you are stacking hitters against Lopez.

Honestly, I am probably just going to stick with Woodruff and drop Lopez.  No real reason to take the risk in the end I suppose.  I picked up Woodruff days ago, so I was pretty confident rolling with him, but Lopez was just a pickup this morning so others didn't get him (several teams in the league stream daily).

wasn't even much of a Lopez thing as he probably won't go deep into the game and the Sawx bullpen offloaded all their good arms this season

15 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

wasn't even much of a Lopez thing as he probably won't go deep into the game and the Sawx bullpen offloaded all their good arms this season

Yeah, all good points.  Lopez has actually been decent other than 1 game, but he never wins.  Tonight could be his best chance since he's going up against a bad pitcher, but obviously he has to pitch good against KC again to get a Win.

Again, I'm passing.  I think he's a decent streamer if you missed out on Woodruff (who has an obvious better matchup), but probably only if you need somebody. I really don't, so I'm not quite sure what I was thinking in regards to possibly pitching Lopez.  I'd rather save the innings and take a chance on Glasnow on Wednesday against the Brewers, who I've had stashed for a few weeks now.

Edited by KilloWertz

Yolmer Sanchez looks like a good streaming bat that's only 12% owned in Yahoo.  Won't put up a ton of power or steals, but if you're short at 2B/3B and/or your roto math says you need some help in counting stats with a passable average, he could be a decent hot hand to ride.  Going to face a lot of mediocre pitching with plenty of KC, DET, and LAA on the schedule along with some tougher matchups against CLE and HOU.

Been playing Yandy Diaz (Clev, ss, 3rd) as a bench bat. With the injury to Zimmer it could be Ramirez plays some OF freeing up some more AB. 

Last 15 days he is 13/39, 8 runs, 5rbi. Key for me was 13 walks during that span as he has no power. For OBP leagues well worth a bench slot

9 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Been playing Yandy Diaz (Clev, ss, 3rd) as a bench bat. With the injury to Zimmer it could be Ramirez plays some OF freeing up some more AB. 

Last 15 days he is 13/39, 8 runs, 5rbi. Key for me was 13 walks during that span as he has no power. For OBP leagues well worth a bench slot

In which leagues does Yandy qualify at SS? I wish he did in Yahoo, I could really use him...

I'd say almost any hitter with any bit of value for KC against Dylan Covey this afternoon...

Here are some pitchers I identified as having good match-ups this week.  Thoughts?

S Manaea @PHI 9/17

K Freeland SD 9/16

R Lopez @DET 9/16

T Williams @CIN 9/15

J Garcia @TB (Citi) 9/13

A Conley MIL 9/15

S Romano PIT 9/16

T Chatwood SD 9/15

D Peters MIL 9/17

O Despaigne MIL 9/16

Add Tyler Glasnow?  Just recalled and starting @MIL tomorrow.  Dreadful in beginning of season but lights out in the minors after he was sent down.

26 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Here are some pitchers I identified as having good match-ups this week.  Thoughts?

Likes: Manaea, Garcia, and Peters, but more for tonight against Philly.  If he looks good there, I might trust him vs. the Brewers.

The rest look like *deep* mixed or mono-league options to me.

4 hours ago, Snowblind said:

In which leagues does Yandy qualify at SS? I wish he did in Yahoo, I could really use him...

I am using him in a Roto on ESPN.

is it fantasy playoff suicide to run Blake Snell out there against the Yankees (I believe it's at Citi Field) ??

If you are chasing wins and k's, but also leading in WHIP and ERA.... too risky? 

Seems like NYY matches up well against lefties with the big mashers (gary/judge) and the other right-handed bats 

What's the consensus in here on Glasnow @ MIL today and Cashner vs SEA tomorrow?

Feel both are risky but might be worth taking that gamble

@LJJr @mi26

I am rolling with both Glasnow today and CC Saturday.  Glasnow projects to face MIL again at home next week, BTW.