Crazycanto

Trevor Ariza 2017-2018 season outlook

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I never knew Ariza has this much fan support. Well, this is only 3 pages, so I guess it's not really support... You get the gist of it. 

Watching him play makes my eyes bleed. But he puts up fantasy numbers. The bad real life player / good fantasy player conundrum will live on forever. 

What about him makes your eyes bleed? Bad player, why? He was a big part of the Lakers championship team. I could talk about why he's a good player but i don't think you would understand

• Like 2

Ariza (foot) has been upgraded to questionable for Saturday's game against the Grizzlies, Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle reports.

Spin: 

Ariza was originally ruled out for the Rockets' three-game road trip, but it appears he has a chance at playing in the finale. Luc Mbah a Moute has been filling in at small forward during his absence, and would presumably return to a reserve role should the veteran ultimately be able to give it a go. Ariza's status is unlikely to be determined until closer to tip-off.

Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said he was surprised that Trevor Ariza (foot) was able to return to the lineup so quickly. 

MDA added that he was expecting Ariza to be out for 3-4 weeks, but he only ended up missing two games before returning on Saturday. The two-way forward is off to a slow start to the season, but he has early-round upside when his shot is falling which makes him a hold in standard category leagues.

Was this guy trying ruin our teams lol 3 to 4 weeks wth

Not that bad. Just need to wait through it for his shots to start falling again. All other stats plus minutes are and will be there.

35 minutes ago, Zaschrona said:

Not that bad. Just need to wait through it for his shots to start falling again. All other stats plus minutes are and will be there.

keep the faith. lol i'll watch from the sidelines. 

Unless you’re in a shallow league, moving past Ariza is a mistake. Trade him if you must, but come PO time, that 4-4 schedule in the (default) first two weeks will come in handy.

8 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Unless you’re in a shallow league, moving past Ariza is a mistake. Trade him if you must, but come PO time, that 4-4 schedule in the (default) first two weeks will come in handy.

in a 10 team, shallow enough lol 

Any Rockets fans here? Is Ariza playing through injury? I think Luc is capable of holding down the fort until at least he is truly 100%.

At least he attempted 9 three pointers.

Positives end here lol 

• Haha 2

STOP DOING THIS TO ME. TAKE MORE SHOTS. STEAL SOME GODDAMN BALLS

12 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

STOP DOING THIS TO ME. TAKE MORE SHOTS. STEAL SOME GODDAMN BALLS

He's starting to listen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heeeee iiiiiiiiis aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!! Despite the ugly stats early one, those 35 minutes per game kept me optimistic and I was beginning to worry about our NBA vet's age catching up to him.

A couple of threes, rebs, and steals is all we ever ask for from Mr. round 6. 

P.S. shhhhhh I drafted him in round 5, don't tell anyone. Hope he keeps it up!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Heeeee iiiiiiiiis aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!! Despite the ugly stats early one, those 35 minutes per game kept me optimistic and I was beginning to worry about our NBA vet's age catching up to him.

A couple of threes, rebs, and steals is all we ever ask for from Mr. round 6. 

P.S. shhhhhh I drafted him in round 5, don't tell anyone. Hope he keeps it up!

I got him off the wire. I dropped THJ for him, but still, my decision is proving to be a good one so far. The thing is, he doesn't hurt you in any area. Great all around numbers, shoots a ton of 3's, gets steals, low TO rate. He'll return top 60-75 value on the year IMO. 6th-7th round value right there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

I got him off the wire. I dropped THJ for him, but still, my decision is proving to be a good one so far. The thing is, he doesn't hurt you in any area. Great all around numbers, shoots a ton of 3's, gets steals, low TO rate. He'll return top 60-75 value on the year IMO. 6th-7th round value right there. 

The wire? Uhhhh, interesting...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jrod124 said:

The wire? Uhhhh, interesting...

Yeah, his owner panicked because that report about him missing 3-4 weeks came out. His IL spots were taken, so he dropped him. But I snatched him up, and it turns out he came back much earlier, and the rest is history. That's why you have to stay patient in fantasy! Players can come around at any time. Look at what happened with Tyreke! He's been balling out this year, and nobody had him on their radar at all heading into the year. All it took was usage and PT!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Yeah, his owner panicked because that report about him missing 3-4 weeks came out. His IL spots were taken, so he dropped him. But I snatched him up, and it turns out he came back much earlier, and the rest is history. That's why you have to stay patient in fantasy! Players can come around at any time. Look at what happened with Tyreke! He's been balling out this year, and nobody had him on their radar at all heading into the year. All it took was usage and PT!

There were no reports that he was gonna miss 3 weeks.

He was considered resting/out for the 3 upcoming games they played on the road.

Well, Ariza has come around! 4 3's yesterday! There's unlimited potential for him in this O. He was #38 in 9 cat leagues for the past 7 days That's where he has ranked for the past 3 years. Houston is playing lights out right now. Harden with 56, wow! 

What to think of this guy in a points league? I might be able to trade him for Tatum but I'm not sure if Ariza is expected to provide a better overall value. Since my league isn't a cat league, I don't care about steals or 3s.

• Thanks 1