Crazycanto

Trevor Ariza 2017-2018 season outlook

1 minute ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

I'm not dropping him, but how;s every else treating the situation? Anyone holding in 10 team leagues?

I am considering dropping Ariza, but I will wait until Thursday trade deadline unless Taurean Prince explodes tonight. I have too many people that can generate steals and hold steady lead on that department, also Dunn is close to return. It seems Ariza is giving you 3's and steals, but there are so many options in Houston Rockets right now that can do his job.

Still holding. The plus side of Ariza - FT%, 3s, Stls, Low To. Rebounding is even not bad or good. Hard to find an FA in my league that fulfills all those categories like him. 

He was in uniform tonight but DNP. Should be back soon.

Anyone know when he will be back? DJA sitting pretty in the wire, but Ariza is so solid...just wish there was some news. Has anyone read anything?

6 hours ago, Jessie said:

you never drop Ariza

scopp him right up off my waivers yesterday. Already lost this week. Heres to him coming back in the next game or two hopefully.

The injury did not look that bad imo 

I'll have to part ways with him after this news. Scrapping for a play-off birth and I'm already undermanned against my opponent, so the extra 10 match up acquisitions could well be the difference. I was pumped when I landed him off waivers but the gamble didn't work out.

1 hour ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Link?

From his ESPN player profile:

"Ariza (hamstring) is "getting close", but has no timetable for a return and could remain out past the All-Star break, Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle reports.

Spin: 

Ariza should be considered day-to-day for the time being and questionable for Sunday's contest against the Mavericks, though it doesn't sound likely he'll take the floor. The team has boosted their forward depth, however, adding Joe Johnson to the team after he was bought out by the Kings following a trade by the Jazz."

You're reading too deeply into it. All they mean is that he might not return before the break.

Edited by Meadowlark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SF_Giants said:

Hoping for a return this week. 

DAntoni indicated that he was basically ready for a return before the break, but they wanted to give him more rest. He should play right in the next game.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 2:40 AM, HerrMcKenzie said:

DAntoni indicated that he was basically ready for a return before the break, but they wanted to give him more rest. He should play right in the next game.

Source? 

He's available in my league, but I'm not sure if he's right based on my make up. I'm good with 3's, and dominating in steals. Still, he's a top 50 player in fantasy. Tough call. 

Edited by King James

3 hours ago, King James said:

Source? 

He's available in my league, but I'm not sure if he's right based on my make up. I'm good with 3's, and dominating in steals. Still, he's a top 50 player in fantasy. Tough call. 

From Rotoworld:

According to coach Mike D'Antoni, Ariza likely could return Tuesday or Wednesday if he wanted, but with the All-Star break coming shortly after, there was no real reason to rush him back. That should mean Ariza is back to full strength ahead of the team's matchup with the Timberwolves on Feb. 23 following the break, so fantasy owners should get ready to fire him back up in the next few weeks. In the meantime, Luc Mbah a Moute should continue to work as the Rockets' starting small forward.

Trevor Ariza (hamstring) returned to practice on Wednesday, and he will play on Friday against the Wolves.

He's been working out full speed for at least a week, so he should be ready to roll for Friday night and may not even have restrictions. Ariza suffered his injury on Jan. 28, so he's had three weeks to recover. His return means Luc Mbah a Moute, P.J. Tucker and Gerald Green will lose minutes. Ariza should be owned in all leagues.
Edited by Elcamino

14 hours ago, st1010 said:

Anyone benching him first game back?

full night lots of options....wouldn't blame ya.  But I need the steals...so,  going Full Ariza.

15 hours ago, st1010 said:

Its a tough call especially with so many games tonight. It'll probably be a game time decision for me and who I think can provide a solid line.

16 hours ago, st1010 said:

I understand he's been good to go since before ASB so I won't be benching him 

One thing that worries me of Ariza is of how the roster now consists of so many scorers and how several of them are 3-D players (not as good as Ariza) that covers sg sf and pf positions. 
A great fantasy player, but the damn roster is getting crowded to a point where if Ariza takes less shot attempts than usual or rests 4th quarters, I wouldn't be totally shocked. 

Only five minutes in the quarter. Do you guys think that is because of the added depth, or is it because he is coming back form the injury?

6 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Only five minutes in the quarter. Do you guys think that is because of the added depth, or is it because he is coming back form the injury?

Both