garlando

Nate Pearson - SP TOR

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, nittanychris said:

Usually I try to stay away from Rookie SPs, because no matter how talented, they tend to have huge bumps in the road and inconsistency that hurts team ratios. I'm wondering if this kid will be the exception to the rule. If his breaking stuff is that nasty, as in the above video, and he also throws 102, that's insane. 

Well his first outing at Fenway tonight wasn't stellar.  Major leaguers can hit fastballs.

Yes he will get better but tonight was definitely NOT his night.   Had velo but not location and movement were erratic this first time out.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

49 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well his first outing at Fenway tonight wasn't stellar.  Major leaguers can hit fastballs.

Yes he will get better but tonight was definitely NOT his night.   Had velo but not location and movement were erratic this first time out.

Really though... the velocity wasn’t even there.  He pretty much topped out at 96.

I came away very disappointed after watching it.. 

1 minute ago, Adama said:

Really though... the velocity wasn’t even there.  He pretty much topped out at 96.

I came away very disappointed after watching it.. 

Ha, until his very last pitch, just hit 98.

fell in love with his fastball and never found the zone with other pitches

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fell behind a lot early on and got into predictable counts where hitters were sitting FB. Settled down after the 1st inning. Not sure what was up with the velo, as he mostly sat 93-96MPH with maybe 4 or so FB's hitting 97-98MPH.

Edit: Here's this

Edited by Blood Brother
  • Thanks 1

Kid struck out 5 in under 4 innings while pitching in Fenway.  There is no shame in giving up a HR to JD Martinez.  If this is any sort of buy low window I suggest you jump all over it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, svtballa said:

Kid struck out 5 in under 4 innings while pitching in Fenway.  There is no shame in giving up a HR to JD Martinez.  If this is any sort of buy low window I suggest you jump all over it.

And to Moreland.

• Haha 1

Pearson gets the call:

Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo has confirmed that RHP prospect Nate Pearson will make his MLB debut on Wednesday against the Nationals.

Jamie Campbell of Sportsnet.ca was first to report the news on Monday, and now it's basically official. Pearson registered a sharp 2.30 ERA, 0.885 WHIP, and 119/27 K/BB ratio in 101 2/3 innings last season in the minors and is well-equipped to deliver useful fantasy numbers against the better lineups in the majors. The 23-year-old should be rostered and started for Wednesday's big matchup versus the reigning World Series champions.

Source: Shi Davidi on Twitter                Jul 27, 2020, 9:50 PM ET

• Like 1