Sign in to follow this  
ryanmemperor

Striking the DJ iron while it's hot...

Want to try and swipe DJ in a trade while the water is still murky on his status.

With my team in sig, what would be a respectable offer?

Anyone else taking a chance at the gamble?

I'm thinking straight up for Ingram being he's my best RB on paper at this point.

WHIR

LOL that's funny but you might have to trade Julio/Ingram or Julio/Lynch for DJ really depends what Ingram does tomorrow night. yes DJ is hurt right but he might be out 4 weeks if its not to sprain

Edited by JrsKars

I would not reject immediately (from the DJ side). Anyone this delusional can probably be convinced to take another trade where he is worse without knowing it, so I would keep the negotiations open and have some fun.

I would not go offering any trade with DJ owners until you know his status, or they offer you a trade. They could hold onto that trade proposal until they hear by some chance DJ goes on IR. 

Mark Ingram for at least 8 less weeks of DJ? Depending how mark Ingram is used tonight, DJ being placed on IR is the only way that trade is fair.

Thanks to those who responded with an understanding of the situation while considering the timing of the question.

For those who "LOL", you clearly have no idea how these things work and your public league status is showing...

IF ........IF we all find out that DJ is out for half the season or more and that is confirmed, then I'm sure the DJ owner would at least think about it before rejecting it. Until then, it's a meaningless offer that will nowhere.  More news will need to come out before any meaningful negotiation can take place. 

6 minutes ago, GoBlue41 said:

IF ........IF we all find out that DJ is out for half the season or more and that is confirmed, then I'm sure the DJ owner would at least think about it before rejecting it. Until then, it's a meaningless offer that will nowhere.  More news will need to come out before any meaningful negotiation can take place. 

Doesn't matter, the whole point is to take risk on both sides and take advantage of the owner who is reeling over his likely no.1 pick.

15 minutes ago, ryanmemperor said:

Doesn't matter, the whole point is to take risk on both sides and take advantage of the owner who is reeling over his likely no.1 pick.

I think the response you got are pretty much in line with what I would expect from anyone.  We don't know who's getting the goal line carries in NO, they love Kamara and he has a role so you're offering one head of an RBBC.  If you offered Fournette for DJ, or maybe Murray for him.  There is still a very low probability of that getting accepted.  People are offering up Hunt for him right now and that's much more appealing than Ingram.

DJ likely out 12 weeks. Great IR stash for playoffs. I guess his value is dependent on what you can live without. If you've got 3 other solid RBs to last 12 weeks, DJ could win you a championship with a lot of patience