Crazycanto

Robert Covington 2017-2018 season outlook

2 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Should we be worried about the lack of shots? 5 yesterday and 0 so far today. Of course, I will take the few shots with stocks and good %s over a 4/21 shooting night.

Ask and ye shall receive. And just as the Lord giveth shots, he quickly taketh thy FG%. 

• Haha 1

Everyone gets their off night, decent line regardless of the murder in FG%. Imagine if those shots fell...Oh Lord.

4 hours ago, hyperionloop said:

Jesus when did this guy become a FG% killer. Really hope it's just a slump and he finds his shot again soon. 

He's been a FG% killer his whole career. This year has been the exception. There's probably a little bit of stat corrections to be had this year. He'll still finish with a respectable FG%.

Whining about Covington's fg% is like whining about Deandre's ft%.  You draft those guys to fit specific builds.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Whining about Covington's fg% is like whining about Deandre's ft%.  You draft those guys to fit specific builds.

Right. But what's concerning is the volume he shoots when Embiid sits. My build can absorb 16-17 BobCov's shooting. But 25% on 20 shots is a different monster. 

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Right. But what's concerning is the volume he shoots when Embiid sits. My build can absorb 16-17 BobCov's shooting. But 25% on 20 shots is a different monster. 

Haven't checked the stats but fairly sure his numbers are far better when Embiid plays (not sure how to check this). Here's hoping Embiid is able to stay healthy this season!

1 hour ago, backyardballer said:

Haven't checked the stats but fairly sure his numbers are far better when Embiid plays (not sure how to check this). Here's hoping Embiid is able to stay healthy this season!

Surprisingly, his numbers are pretty similar with and without Embiid.  In 6 games without Embiid:

12.7 ppg, 6 reb, 2.7 threes, 1.0 ast, 1.8 stl, 0.8 blk on 42.0% shooting

Compared to season averages of:  15.0 ppg, 6.3 reb, 3.2 threes, 1.9 ast, 1.8 stl, 0.9 blk on 42.4% shooting

*Part of the 12.7 ppg without Embiid is skewed by a 5 point, 15 minute game he had in the third game of the season where they were blown out.

Any night he can drop 5+ of threes, steals, blocks, or a combination of all of them. That's a trait almost completely unique to RoboCov.

Yeah, he has plenty of duds, and they're frustrating. But the stocks and threes upside on a nightly basis is insane.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CFN said:

Any night he can drop 5+ of threes, steals, blocks, or a combination of all of them. That's a trait almost completely unique to RoboCov.

Yeah, he has plenty of duds, and they're frustrating. But the stocks and threes upside on a nightly basis is insane.

I don't think he even has that many duds, tbh. A lot of times when the shooting is off he'll fill up the boxscore in stocks and vice versa. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

I don't think he even has that many duds, tbh. A lot of times when the shooting is off he'll fill up the boxscore in stocks and vice versa. 

now imagine pairing giannis, draymond, and horford with roco :o that's stocks GALORE

2 hours ago, willkoo said:

now imagine pairing giannis, draymond, and horford with roco :o that's stocks GALORE

Oladipo, Draymond, Horford, and Roco is just as good :P 

2 hours ago, willkoo said:

Horford gives you 1.5 total stocks (0.6 & 0.9) I wouldnt necessarily consider him as a part of the "stocks galore" group

9 minutes ago, ThottiePippen said:

Horford gives you 1.5 total stocks (0.6 & 0.9) I wouldnt necessarily consider him as a part of the "stocks galore" group

Then u can put dipo or wall on there then. They avg 2+ per

Just now, sharkpotato said:

Any reason why the Lord hasn't played in the 4th?

He banged his knee in the 4th and limped off into the locker room. He's back on the bench now though with a wrap on his knee. 

4 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

He banged his knee in the 4th and limped off into the locker room. He's back on the bench now though with a wrap on his knee. 

:o:( I hope he's ok. 

4 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

:o:( I hope he's ok. 

Didn't look too bad tbh. Walked off on his own power and the fact that he came back to the bench was a good sign I think. Bruised knees can be tricky though. 

He'll be fine. Would be surprised if he missed time. Sucks that we didn't get a full workload from him on christmas tho 

dude has been laying bricks since he came back and still salvages 2nd round value :huh: 

• Like 1

An unusual game for him so far.. 4-2-4 with 1 three. At the very least, he's contributing in multiple categories though