Crazycanto

Robert Covington 2017-2018 season outlook

Our Lord has just suffered a middle finger injury, Can I give him the middle finger now?

EDIT: That was mean, I wish our Lord a speedy recovery.

Edited by jrmintz
  • Like 1

Watching the game, looks like he dislocated a finger on his non shooting hand or something. He kept looking at it in disbelief on the bench while a trainer worked on it.

Tough stretch for our Roco, he was killing it a few weeks ago but then he hurt his back falling on a metal edge on the floor, banged his knee last game, and now has the finger issue tonight.

He's banged up pretty good, but our Lord shall rise again. 

3 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Watching the game, looks like he dislocated a finger on his non shooting hand or something. He kept looking at it in disbelief on the bench while a trainer worked on it.

Tough stretch for our Roco, he was killing it a few weeks ago but then he hurt his back falling on a metal edge on the floor, banged his knee last game, and now has the finger issue tonight.

Thanks for the info—I figure since roto didn’t update right after he was taken out that it wasn’t so serious. But who knows with the way things are going league wide.

• Like 1

Ahh I see. I was wondering why it was McConnell and Bayless to close the game.

At least Covington isn't part of this collapse by Philly. Portland is playing great in the 4th.

He was smiling, and looking at his finger when he walked to the bench.  I didn't think anything of it.  The fact that he was ruled out so quickly is disconcerting.

16 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

AMEN to that brotha ! 

To those watching the games, any insights why our Lord seems to be less involved offensively? Seems like every other player is shooting more than him.

Ben Simmons en fuego and him passing up decent shots for better ones. Nothing to worry about. 

Think this week and next week (only 3 games in total) will be a good time for him to recover from all the injuries he's had lately. Probably feels as though everyone else is shooting really well and wants to defer. Not that concerned.

• Like 3

Is Redick being on fire lately a large reason for the Lord being so trash? or has he just suddenly regressed to D-league skill level lol?

What happened to this guy? Honestly he's becoming so frustrating to own. He was crushing it in the beginning of the season, and now has fallen to a place where I wouldn't even pick him up off the wire if I saw some random guy with these stats. I know the beginning was probably unsustainable, but just watching the Celtics game (first game of his I've watched in awhile) and he just looked so useless out there. Part of it is Simmons and Embiid being super ball dominant, but Covington is just not aggressive at all. Just chilling out at the 3 point line, half the time not even taking a 3, but pump faking then walking into a long 2 (which he often misses). Similarly on rebounds I don't see any effort. Making me wish I sold high on him while I had the chance, but hoping he also comes out of the slump soon. By the looks of it though he just doesn't seem to be a big part of their offense.

He's been through slumps like this last year. Got off to that brutal start but finished strong. I have faith the lord will pick things up again. It's a long season. gotta take the bad with the good.