South Jersey Bombers

Head 2 head playoff updates.

5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I've had Weaver, Godley, Sale, and Richards pitch so far this week. Still winning.

How?

Every pitcher I own has bombed this week except Carrasco but he can't save my other pitchers committing suicide left and right.  And now Arrieta and deGrom have been pulled from their final starts leaving me a pitching mess.  If they pull Kluber from his final start my ERA will probably end up over 8 this week, sigh.

And I also have a good hitting team but losing in everything but Avg so far this week.

• Contreras
  • Goldy
  • Altuve
  • Donaldson
  • Trea Turner
  • JD Martinez
  • G Springer
  • Whit Merrifield
  • Trey Mancini
  • Rhys Hoskins (needed your production 3 weeks ago, not your "pitchers have adjusted" slump)
  • AJ Pollock
  • P DeJong
  • T Story

vs his Aaron Judge and red hot C Correa.  Those two are making mincemeat out of me.  And his Dee Gordon is out stealing Trea Turner and Merrifield and Altuve and Pollock and Goldy all combined.

Oh well at least Yahoo will give me a little silver trophy icon and I won my 16 team dynasty league last week.  I just never lost this league before.  It is the end of an era, haha.  (Nobody cares after all).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

On 9/29/2017 at 1:52 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

It is the end of an era, haha.  (Nobody cares after all).

that team is outrageously stacked. I'd be frustrated too, though you made the 'ship-- as Derek Jeter says "you don't accidentally show up in the World Series"

I'm assuming this is a keeper ? unless you just made incredible trades... if keeper, how many can you keep?

as for my championship series (haven't won since 2013 --> bless thee Chris Davis) I am currently tied 5-5, but as #1 seed a tie means victory. 

For tomorrow (Sunday) I'm about 50-50 torn about whether or not I should bench all my pitchers. If I pitch no one, he'd need about 8 runs of shutout ball to overtake me in ERA and claim the title.... another option is to only start Kenley Jansen because he is so trustworthy (k.o.w.) and another option is to start all 5 of my closers.  I have this gut bad feeling about Knebel though, and I might bench him. 

/monologue 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Why help him by starting any pitcher? He needs 8 shutout innings don't have a blow up where he needs 6 or less. You gain nothing really. Even in my roto I've benched all pitchers for the last three days. They pass me it won't be because my pitcher had a poor outing. Thinking about it the offense is sitting also today.

4 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Why help him by starting any pitcher? He needs 8 shutout innings don't have a blow up where he needs 6 or less. You gain nothing really. Even in my roto I've benched all pitchers for the last three days. They pass me it won't be because my pitcher had a poor outing. Thinking about it the offense is sitting also today.

I'm in this pitching situation right now, tied going into the last day. I'm leading in ERA/WHIP,  fairly comfortable margin, but not impossible for him to pull it off. He's got me in wins & Ks, no chance for me there.

I deliberately held back Chacin yesterday in SF, bit me in the a** when he had a good outing.

My opponent has starting today:

Gio vs. Pit

M. Montgomery vs. Cin

McHugh at Fenway

I have:

Cueto vs. SD

Urena vs. Atl

I also have one move left, can get Gausmann at TB.

That's a lot for me to sit..all good matchups, pitcher's stadiums. This is killing me.

I'll probably sit them all. If just one of his pitchers gives up 3-4 runs or so in his game I win. Crazy risky though. AArgh

for the h2h winners are there certain things you will do/ wont do for next season ? or same approach 

18 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

that team is outrageously stacked. I'd be frustrated too, though you made the 'ship-- as Derek Jeter says "you don't accidentally show up in the World Series"

I'm assuming this is a keeper ? unless you just made incredible trades... if keeper, how many can you keep?

as for my championship series (haven't won since 2013 --> bless thee Chris Davis) I am currently tied 5-5, but as #1 seed a tie means victory. 

For tomorrow (Sunday) I'm about 50-50 torn about whether or not I should bench all my pitchers. If I pitch no one, he'd need about 8 runs of shutout ball to overtake me in ERA and claim the title.... another option is to only start Kenley Jansen because he is so trustworthy (k.o.w.) and another option is to start all 5 of my closers.  I have this gut bad feeling about Knebel though, and I might bench him.

Hope you won.

Yeah my team is in a 14 team full dynasty so you can keep up to all your players forever and drop any you want to if you should choose to to get more rounds in the mini-redraft.  Four years old league.  Drafted Goldy, Pollock, Donaldson and Springer (latter when he was still a prospect) as well as Kluber and Arrieta in the 20-something rounds since they weren't on the map yet.  That was good because all the other pitchers I took in the original draft went bust.  (Remember Brandon Beachy. ).

So added over the years Lester, Carrasco, deGrom (traded Ellsbury for him, heh), Fulmer and some others.  So they and rest of the hitters were trades, mini-redrafts and free agent pick-ups.  I remember trading Zobrist and someone else I forgot -- some middle infielder -- right before the start of the first season on this interesting guy named Altuve.  Picked of Trea Turner when someone dropped him for space two years ago before he got called up.

Well second isn't too bad.  I won that league the last 3 years so time for someone else and that guy built up a good team.  He owns Arendo too.  He totally steamrolled me.  Wasn't even close at the end.  He deserved it this season for sure.  And he will be stiff competition next year again and there are some other owners who have built up some great teams too.

But that is why I like full dynasty.  You get to keep what you work so hard to build.  I hate giving back what I worked so hard to get.  I'll never play in a re-draft league ever again.

The 16 team dynasty that I won this year and last has Gary Sanchez, Freddie Freeman, Whit Merrifield, Josh Donaldson, Manny Machado (last year at SS, sniff), JD Martinez, Kris Bryant (too many 3B, he plays in the OF), Mancini, Altherr, Michael Taylor, Paul DeJong, Amed Rosario, Wilson Ramos, LeMahieu, Adam Duvall and Gyroko I think too and used my last move picking up Teoscar Hernandez. 

Got three aces in Kluber, Sale, and Bumgarner with Clevinger, Lynn, Fulmer and some young fillers like Brandon Woodruff, Jordan Montgomery and Luis Gohara and vet Porcello that I can't quite give up on yet.  Punt Saves+Holds pretty much except for Colome so if anyone else I play punts that too I can win against them.  Again my original draft was bad for starters.  I got my aces all with trades adding Kluber this year from a guy who really REALLY believed that my guy Archer was the future.  Traded Bryce Harper for Bumgarner some years ago since I always seem to have enough OFers and top pitchers are always the hardest thing to get in a 16 team dynasty.  Got to give to get.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

won 5/6 

finally feel satisfied in baseball h2h as i have been bounce from the playoffs the past few years with the most stacked teams

till next year

Image result for sandlot gif

Pulled off a 10-7 victory! Two of my first three picks this year were total busts (Cabrera and Polanco), so this one is especially satisfying. Thank you, Aaron Judge.

Lost 3-7 in H2H. Had a shot going into today but I needed a lot of help and then my hitters went 0-27! Even Hoskins on my bench went 0 fer so there were certainly no regrets lol... hats off to the guy who beat me

On 10/1/2017 at 6:10 PM, mortl said:

for the h2h winners are there certain things you will do/ wont do for next season ? or same approach 

Keep the core together...

Schoop

Rendon

Machado

JD

KD

Buxton

keeping those 6 together is going to be my goal. 

On 10/1/2017 at 3:10 PM, mortl said:

Drafting 

Bat

Bat

Pitcher

Bat

Pitcher

Worked out really good. Elite pitching gets drafted earlier so I will missed out on the top 4, but will ended up better off imo.

26 minutes ago, MrBrett said:

Drafting 

Bat

Bat

Pitcher

Bat

Pitcher

Worked out really good. Elite pitching gets drafted earlier so I will missed out on the top 4, but will ended up better off imo.

That's exactly what I do. I end up having guys like Strasburg/Bumgarner  and Carrasco/Verly leading my staff. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

Ended up finishing in third, so I can't complain too much. Of course the dude that beat me went on to have a horrific showing in the championship. Couldn't have had that kind of week against me, huh?

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

That's exactly what I do. I end up having guys like Strasburg/Bumgarner  and Carrasco/Verly leading my staff. 

Yeah, no guarantees it will work next season but will definitely follow that path again.

if you waited till the 5th rd to draft sp you had a shot at verlander, stras, degrom, archer, carrasco (later)

i have a feeling there will be some bounce back option next year in the 5 rd and if you hit on those then you have a hugeeee advantage 

look at the bats that were going in 5th rd (this year it was a mine field with only a few coming close to returning equal value)

cespedes, villar, polonco, myers(went 30/20 everything else was bad) posey, schwarber, c davis, hanley kinsler, kemp

only ones that produced -yelich jup cutch gary

im just going to take best available and not worry about position as you can win with aces or volume or hitting on some mid tier sp

not that it matters as i will trade 80% of my team anyways

Edited by colepenhagen