rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

Seriously I look at joker and he’s 8-11. Then I look at Jamal Murray who was 7-20 and Harris who was 7-17.

why the low shot count???

buy low window is back :)

But im not buying.....do not trust this guy at all this year. Feel bad for all the people that burned a first round pick on him.........kiddin, i dont feel bad :)

Just now, G.O.B. said:

Enes is that you?

Actually I do have Enes....got him with my last pick :) Really happy with him right now.

2 hours ago, crocp said:

buy low window is back :)

But im not buying.....do not trust this guy at all this year. Feel bad for all the people that burned a first round pick on him.........kiddin, i dont feel bad :)

Your annoying.....just kidding....your not........nah...you really are.

Edited by IDatDude
  • Haha 2

In watching their game, I feel like Millsap isn't adding much to their team and is clogging the lane for Jokic. It'll take time for them to gel because of the level of talent in the starting 5, much like Minnesota. Trust the Joker and hope that Malone won't f**k it up royally 

Every aspect of the Denver offense is a mess right now.  Millsap has been a 3+ AST guy the past couple seasons and he has a total of 3 assists in 4 games so far.  Seems like Jokic is the only person willing to pass the ball.  And for a team that isn't moving the ball very well, they sure are turning it over at an alarming rate.  I'm not convinced Jamal Murray is a PG but that's a different conversation for a different thread.  Jokic needs to be more assertive when it comes to shooting though.  I've seen him pass up numerous 12-15 foot jump shots that he is fully capable of hitting.  The good news:  things can only go up from here so I expect much better days ahead for the Joker.

22 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

In watching their game, I feel like Millsap isn't adding much to their team and is clogging the lane for Jokic. It'll take time for them to gel because of the level of talent in the starting 5, much like Minnesota. Trust the Joker and hope that Malone won't f**k it up royally 

Everyone was saying that Millsap is the perfect fit for Jokic. It turns out Gallo and Faried were perfect fits all along and now one is gone and the other benched (for Millsap).

He is probably the most well rounded big right now. He is kinda like a young Marc Gasol in terms of numbers, though Gasol added the 3 ball later in his career. He just need the blocks which I'm not entirely sure if that's part of his game right now averaging 0.8 per last year.

http://stats.nba.com/players/defensive-impact/?sort=DEF_RIM_FG_PCT&dir=1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals&CF=DEF_RIM_FGA*G*25

Saw this on /r/NBA and the title said Draymond is the worst defender ATM which is really surprising, but the other players listed aren't so surprising. They got Jokic #2 allowing over 72% of shots at the rim. Does this stat indicate that he's a terrible defender or a terrible shot blocker?

59 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

http://stats.nba.com/players/defensive-impact/?sort=DEF_RIM_FG_PCT&dir=1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals&CF=DEF_RIM_FGA*G*25

Saw this on /r/NBA and the title said Draymond is the worst defender ATM which is really surprising, but the other players listed aren't so surprising. They got Jokic #2 allowing over 72% of shots at the rim. Does this stat indicate that he's a terrible defender or a terrible shot blocker?

defensive scheme, below average rim protector, etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ragnaroker said:

He is probably the most well rounded big right now. He is kinda like a young Marc Gasol in terms of numbers, though Gasol added the 3 ball later in his career. He just need the blocks which I'm not entirely sure if that's part of his game right now averaging 0.8 per last year.

Right now? That would be Gasol, and KAT, AD and Cousins.

But i love Jokic , i love his game. Took him at 10

Edited by Heisenberg

8 hours ago, kawaiileonard said:

Probably not. He always looks exhausted to me lol

He used to drink 3 liters of coke (cola). Maybe he's back on it again. If he does the other kind, I am sure he'd average more stocks. Nikola coca-cola

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

He used to drink 3 liters of coke (cola). Maybe he's back on it again. If he does the other kind, I am sure he'd average more stocks. Nikola coca-cola

Jeeeeeez lol, if he doesn't return first round value this season I'm gonna blame Coca-Cola. Why didn't they sponsor nuggets!

Edited by kawaiileonard
  • Haha 1

He seems like one of those guys that gives it his all on offense and doesn't try to use much energy on defense. I can remember a play from last night where a guard drove in and already had a defender on him so the layup was going to be at a lower trajectory and instead of coming over for the easy block Jokic stopped and waited for a rebound (which never happened because the guard made it.)