rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

i'm with that guy who said we can't think we know more or better than an nba coach, let alone seeing the guys everyday in trainings and stuff. especially considering the nuggets' record at the moment, malone is right.

with that said, why on earth did he start arthur as the center? according to the blurb he played 6 minutes in all january, and according to the depth chart he is a power forward, so i'm assuming malone likes jokic at pf, or at least sees a future where jokic plays the 4. but actually malone publicly said he didn't like the way jokic was playing, and the only future i see is millsap getting back from injury and taking the 4 spot.

???

Woo triple double. Contribution across the board. 

Hopefully he has a first round worthy second half of the season. 

• Like 1

if malone isn’t messing with this guy’s mins and role, he would have been a shoo in to all star team

• Like 1

i think i speak for a lot of jokic drafters when i say i was expecting this kind of line regularly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pdids911 said:

i think i speak for a lot of jokic drafters when i say i was expecting this kind of line regularly. 

Yeah 60% shooting along with a triple double (and a great one, too) are pretty common. Anyways, I would love to have him on my squad, but the owner is unwilling to trade him (unless I give him LeBron...)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, XOrad10 said:

That no-look cross-pass at ~42 secs. UN.REAL.  and I know whats he doing, his peripheral vision is tracking George, among others and as soon as he realizes hes wandered off he knows Harris is standing there alone. BAM. You simply cant teach this stuff its talent. Probably only ~3 guys in the NBA who have that sort of vision.

This guy is on some next level you can arguably see hes the best passer in the league. And of course that last pass to win the game lolol. On. POINT.

[Mares] According to @nbawowy, The Nuggets have a 126.9 ORTG with Jokic on the court over their last 7 games. They've played 5 of the league's top 10 defenses in that span including BOS (1) and SAS (2).

• Thanks 1

Just now, jbthebarber said:

How will millsap affect his numbers when he gets back?

not sure, but I don't think it will make it any better for his numbers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jbthebarber said:

How will millsap affect his numbers when he gets back?

16 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

not sure, but I don't think it will make it any better for his numbers.

was thinking the same thing :( does milly play PF or C on offence?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jehob said:

was thinking the same thing :( does milly play PF or C on offence?

back to the basket power forward, pace was stagnant with him in the beginning of the season. Now with his timetable at early to mid march that puts us right at the cusp of fantasy playoffs. With some time to ease PM in maybe Jokic won't experience a huge drop off immediately. or at all if they figure out how to mesh well. I think most the owners is gonna hold, I know I am.

• Like 2