rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

8 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Fell to me at 16 in my 12 team H2H money leaguer... Had to snag him. 

stolen at 16..he was producing like top 10 numbers the last few months of the season anyways...plus hes not close to his prime..not even close at all like 5-6 years away. the ceiling is high. i keep telling people you cant teach basketball IQ you just have it or you don't at this level. i got him in keeper LAST year and couldnt be more happier.

"His numbers in a vacuum are staggering. After that move to the starting lineup in December, Jokic averaged 19 points, 11 rebounds and six assists, numbers sustained over the course of a full season only three times in NBA history  — twice by Wilt Chamberlain and once by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. "

I can see him matching/exceeding that this year. The hype is real.

Edited by rage2021
  • Like 2

Had a 10th and 11th pick in a 10 Team league.

Went with Gobert and Jokic and just went full big (ones with good %s and shoots 3s) and non-top tier PG roster build.

10 Team 9 Cat H2H (10th pick; Punt top tier PGs)

PG: Josh Richardson, Milos Teodosic

SG: Trevor Ariza, Gary Harris

SF: Aaron Gordon, Marvin Williams, Taurean Prince

PF/C: Rudy Gobert, Nikola Jokic, Kevin Love, Al Horford, Nikola Vucevic, Serge Ibaka, Lauri Markkanen

Jokic along with horford are so nice because as bigs, their percentages are beautiful and their assists numbers help us compete even if we dont have top tier guards. Just gotta wait for a PG pickup with inevitable injuries bound to happen throughout the season.

Had the 9th pick in a 10 man H2H 9-Cat. I had Jokic, Lebron and Wall up for grabs, went for the gamble and choose Jokic, hopefully he pays off.

• (9) Nikola Jokic

• DeMarcus Cousins

• Bradley Beal

• Klay Thompson

• Dennis Schroder

• Victor Oladipo

• Dwyane Wade

• Dennis Smith Jr.

• Patrick Beverley

• Gary Harris

• Willy Hernangomez

• Thaddeus Young

• Malik Monk

Has he usurped Kawhi as Mr. #8 pick in 9CAT H2H? Or are people grabbing other players and looking at punt builds?

15 minutes ago, FearTheBrow said:

Had the 9th pick in a 10 man H2H 9-Cat. I had Jokic, Lebron and Wall up for grabs, went for the gamble and choose Jokic, hopefully he pays off.

• (9) Nikola Jokic

• DeMarcus Cousins

• Bradley Beal

• Klay Thompson

• Dennis Schroder

• Victor Oladipo

• Dwyane Wade

• Dennis Smith Jr.

• Patrick Beverley

• Gary Harris

• Willy Hernangomez

• Thaddeus Young

• Malik Monk

Had 10th pick. 
Was delighted that my friend picked Lebron with 9th. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FearTheBrow said:

• (9) Nikola Jokic

• DeMarcus Cousins

• Bradley Beal

• Klay Thompson

• Dennis Schroder

• Victor Oladipo

• Dwyane Wade

• Dennis Smith Jr.

• Patrick Beverley

• Gary Harris

• Willy Hernangomez

• Thaddeus Young

• Malik Monk

thats not a gamble - thats the safe pick. lebron will rest a lot this year and wall gets you crazy TO's 

6 hours ago, pdids911 said:

thats not a gamble - thats the safe pick. lebron will rest a lot this year and wall gets you crazy TO's 

and jokic fouls a lot, everyone has their flaws. 

I traded quite a package to get him on my team. Should easily be an elite C and is still only 22. Just hope he can get more blocks this year.

picked him #8 and am very anxious over the pick...hope i dont have buyers remorse....feel like 8 was too early for him but time will tell

Had Kawhi, Lebron, wall and CP3 i could have taken....probably should have taken Lebron but those DNP's are going to be killer

Just joined the hype train a day before the season starts. Traded Jimmy and Hood for Jokic and Murray. I had to give up Hood (a breakout candidate though injury prone) for the other owner to bite. Hopefully, I feel more at ease by seeing Jokic's numbers throughout the season. I will miss reading DownToBuck's writeups regarding Jokic as he makes his first all-star appearance.

I see Millsap helping with the foul struggles as he doesn't let his man go to the hoop without a fight. Might help with the blocks as well for some weakside help.

10 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Just joined the hype train a day before the season starts. Traded Jimmy and Hood for Jokic and Murray. I had to give up Hood (a breakout candidate though injury prone) for the other owner to bite. Hopefully, I feel more at ease by seeing Jokic's numbers throughout the season. I will miss reading DownToBuck's writeups regarding Jokic as he makes his first all-star appearance.

I see Millsap helping with the foul struggles as he doesn't let his man go to the hoop without a fight. Might help with the blocks as well for some weakside help.

Absolute steal for you imo.

Nikola Jokic 

John Wall 
Marc Gasol 
Kevin Love 
Serge Ibaka 
Clint Capela 
George Hill 
Tim HardawayJr. 
Rodney Hood 
Rudy Gay 
Tyler Johnson 
Jaylen Brown 
Josh Jackson
Malik Monk 

12 team 9 cat whats the opinion on the above build w/ Jokic and suggested trades? I had 12th pick.

49 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Nikola Jokic 

John Wall 
Marc Gasol 
Kevin Love 
Serge Ibaka 
Clint Capela 
George Hill 
Tim HardawayJr. 
Rodney Hood 
Rudy Gay 
Tyler Johnson 
Jaylen Brown 
Josh Jackson
Malik Monk 

12 team 9 cat whats the opinion on the above build w/ Jokic and suggested trades? I had 12th pick.

Your picks on the turn are okay, but imo i think you should have paired Jokic with Irving who is a more efficient player and suits him more.

The main concern are your picks on the next turn where you've picked Marc Gasol and Kevin Love?  I dont think KLove fits this team also... he gets the 3s but he drags the FG%. I think you should have picked Blake Griffin or Millsap.

Capela in 6th is too soon since you should have had on the board some 3rd tier PG's or amazing SG/SF's like Oladipo, Bradley, Gary Harris, Aaron Gordon etc.

Hope he turns it around soon. He's not looking like the same guy as last season. Way less plays being drawn up for him too. Starting to get nervous about this.

I know its only game two, but the way things are looking he could potentially be the biggest bust by the time the season is over.

9 minutes ago, BoozerDPOY said:

got rid of all the useless parts of this post

No plays drawn up for him, not looking to make offensive plays, looks out of shape... the list goes on. He's far away from performing as a top 10 fantasy asset - majorly due to the number of options Denver has on the offensive end. Doubt he finishes at his ADP.