rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

* You said it, not me. There you go.

At least learn to type at a grade school level before delivering grade school insults. 

Ok Mr degree holder Lol i am not the one who is playing with managers Offering and accepting s--- offers... Such a waste of time...

5 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

Ok Mr degree holder Lol i am not the one who is playing with managers Offering and accepting s--- offers... Such a waste of time...

'

Besides the spelling and punctuation errors, you lack reading comprehension too lmao.

Wetpantslol+used+roll+picturewetpantslol

37 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I'm really not sure what the point is.  He said he didn't remember (was he being sarcastic, like it never happens?  You tell me) so I refreshed his memory.

Jokic is the guy you draft if you're punting points.  You go him and Draymond in the first and second rounds.  And here we have people appalled that he didn't score, not really understanding that a lot of people- not most, I'll agree, but a lot- that drafted him did so while punting points.  Don't be surprised if they're not as appalled.  

Regardless of what category you are punting, a guy who gives you 9 rebounds and 8 assists, and completely neglects the other 7 categories, is not a first round pick. It doesnt matter how you put it. It would be a totally different story if he added a couple blocks, steals and a 3pt fg to his line.

Edited by KaanYeez

Just now, KaanYeez said:

Regardless of what category you are punting, a guy who gives you 9 rebounds and 8 assists, and completely neglects the other 7 categories, is not a first round pick. It doesnt matter how you put it.

I can't keep up with you moving goalposts so much.  Are you now saying that a guy that has a bad game can't be a top 12 player?  Do I need to dive in basketball-reference to see if that's true or not, too?

I don't know what you're so hung up on here.

Just now, Tom Chambers said:

I can't keep up with you moving goalposts so much.  Are you now saying that a guy that has a bad game can't be a top 12 player?  Do I need to dive in basketball-reference to see if that's true or not, too?

I don't know what you're so hung up on here.

The point I am alluding to here, is Denver has a completely different game plan this season. You cannot compare this to last season. Millsap is a game changer and severely limits his potential.

Just now, KaanYeez said:

The point I am alluding to here, is Denver has a completely different game plan this season. You cannot compare this to last season. Millsap is a game changer and severely limits his potential.

I think you're being alarmist.  Jokic's numbers made him droppable in the first month last year, and we saw what happened.  At least the offense is still flowing through him now, as the assists exhibit.

Sometimes fantasy first rounders score zero points.,

Sometimes fantasy first rounders have bad games.

Maybe Jokic will be s--- this year, but pointing to these two games and saying it's proof that that's going to happen is more than premature.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I'm really not sure what the point is.  He said he didn't remember (was he being sarcastic, like it never happens?  You tell me) so I refreshed his memory.

Jokic is the guy you draft if you're punting points.  You go him and Draymond in the first and second rounds.  And here we have people appalled that he didn't score, not really understanding that a lot of people- not most, I'll agree, but a lot- that drafted him did so while punting points.  Don't be surprised if they're not as appalled.  

Oh come on 

Your first round pick averaging 3 points in two games is not a disaster? 

I don't know why it's hard to admit it 

Hope things'll change because if they won't owners who drafted him first round can already say goodbye to this season

3 points total today from my first 2 picks! (Jokic / Draymond) punting points at its best.

Just now, LosingEffort said:

Oh come on 

Your first round pick averaging 3 points in two games is not a disaster? 

I don't know why it's hard to admit it 

Hope things'll change because if they won't owners who drafted him first round can already say goodbye to this season

I literally just told you exactly why lots of Jokic owners really don't give a s--- about his points.  I'm in about a dozen leagues and I own him in exactly one.  And guess what I'm punting in that league?  So guess how much I care about his points today?

It was a bad game, but a disaster is what happened to Hayward or Lin.  That's a 3rd and 5th rounder out for the season.  Jokic is off to yet another slow start, doing horrible particularly in a cat that you draft him and punt.

Boogie is also turning it over and shooting poorly, but in the leagues where I own him, guess how much I care about FG% and turnovers?  I don't.

7 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I think you're being alarmist.  Jokic's numbers made him droppable in the first month last year, and we saw what happened.  At least the offense is still flowing through him now, as the assists exhibit.

Sometimes fantasy first rounders score zero points.,

Sometimes fantasy first rounders have bad games.

Maybe Jokic will be s--- this year, but pointing to these two games and saying it's proof that that's going to happen is more than premature.

At the beginning of last season there was an easy explication: he couldn't play PF position 

Once solved that situation benching Nurkic he produced as starting C 

This time is different, Millsap Harris and Murray seem to be the focal points on offense so how can he produce first round numbers? I think it's hard

2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I literally just told you exactly why lots of Jokic owners really don't give a s--- about his points.  I'm in about a dozen leagues and I own him in exactly one.  And guess what I'm punting in that league?  So guess how much I care about his points today?

It was a bad game, but a disaster is what happened to Hayward or Lin.  That's a 3rd and 5th rounder out for the season.  Jokic is off to yet another slow start, doing horrible particularly in a cat that you draft him and punt.

Boogie is also turning it over and shooting poorly, but in the leagues where I own him, guess how much I care about FG% and turnovers?  I don't.

Anyway he didn't grab 20 rebounds or dished 15 assists to balance the zero points performance 

1 minute ago, LosingEffort said:

At the beginning of last season there was an easy explication: he couldn't play PF position 

Once solved that situation benching Nurkic he produced as starting C 

This time is different, Millsap Harris and Murray seem to be the focal points on offense so how can he produce first round numbers? I think it's hard

I think if Faried can manage double digits, Jokic can.  And like I said, his value is not really about his points.

Why would you say last seasons' early issue is easily explained but don't believe these two games' issue can't be?  The secret is out, the guy is good at basketball.  Malone, I presume, enjoys having a job so he'll try to make his management happy by utilizing Jokic as best as possible.  Are you saying he just can't play in a point center type role with the team that exists now?

I agree that it could be hard to post traditional 9 cat first round numbers, but I think that's more of a testament to how stacked the upper echelon of talent is.  I don't think it'll be hard to turn in top 10 talent in a points punt, though, and you shouldn't have drafted him that high unless you were going to do that.

I hate to keep going back to the points punt thing but it's super important here.  Again, just like punting TOs for Westbrook/Harden/Cousins is, just like punting threes is for Giannis, etc.

2 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Anyway he didn't grab 20 rebounds or dished 15 assists to balance the zero points performance 

Because it was a bad game.  

That doesn't mean it's time to panic and say he sucks, though. 

1 minute ago, LosingEffort said:

Exactly. The excuse of punting points is completely invalid here. He gave you two categories out of 8 (or 9) tonight. Thats alarming. Especially for a first rounder. Do not care its the first two games, no one in his tier has had such a horrid start to the season. Millsap is a HUGE factor here, and its going to be much more difficult to solve compared to the prior year.

1 minute ago, KaanYeez said:

Exactly. The excuse of punting points is completely invalid here. He gave you two categories out of 8 (or 9) tonight. Thats alarming. Especially for a first rounder. Do not care its the first two games, no one in his tier has had such a horrid start to the season. Millsap is a HUGE factor here, and its going to be much more difficult to solve compared to the prior year.

I always thought it's a mistake drafting him in first round 

A first round pick has to be capable of 20 points for game or at least dominant on the glass  (if talking about a center) and he's not 

Just now, LosingEffort said:

I always thought it's a mistake drafting him in first round 

A first round pick has to be capable of 20 points for game or at least dominant on the glass  (if talking about a center) and he's not 

He needs to be a 20-10-5 guy on the season to match his ADP otherwise those who drafted him in the first round are in big trouble (including myself).

4 minutes ago, newyorkspankees said:

People who are bugging out over the first two games of the season clearly don't know basketball

Yeah man, I usually give players at least a month before i start worrying, 2 games is way to small of a sample. At some point he'll eventually have to score for them instead of always looking to pass.

It's wayyyy tooo early. I don't buy the Milsap argument since Gallo isn't there anymore either so their usgages basically swap. Give it some time he's too talented not to put it together.

For anyone selling him low below an early 3rd rounder, better congratulate the owner you're trading him to. Denver also has one of the better schedules during the fantasy playoffs for most leagues (3-4-4 afaik). He won't be scoring less than 10 points most nights once he gets the hang of things. He averaged towards 19 ppg at the end of last season. Millsap and Gallinari had similar usage% as well (24 and 20 respectively). It's not Millsap. Chill and enjoy the ride. Being reactionary towards your early round draft picks will usually break your fantasy season.

The way I think about this, I was choosing between Jokic and CP3. Atleast Jokic is playing and he's giving me something this week. He'll turn it around! 

I know it’s Only 2 games but some of the posts here about Millsap and picking jokic in the first H2H is giving me major anxiety.

At the same time I’m trying to buy low in our Roto League. It’s early but maybe he’ll bite we’ll see. 

5 hours ago, KaanYeez said:

lols

dude, i cant tell if you and that other guy (LosingEffort) are trolling or serious.

I really hope you're trolling.

its two games into the season and youre panicking over your 1st/2nd round pick.

TWO GAMES!!!!

T   W   O    G  A  M  E  S  !  !  !

W

O

G

A

M

E

S

!

!

btw- jokic has a high usage rate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I'm not panicking yet.  Slow start but I think Jokic and Millsap are still trying to work out how to play with each other.  I don't think Millsap has ever played with a C with passing ability like Jokic before and they just need time to adjust (I hope).

Horford?

• Like 4