TonyVH

Buy Low - Sell High 2017

Recommended Posts

Just now, cdd10 said:

the panthers are terrible though, they might be lucky to win 7 games. 

 

the... Bengals? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, taobball said:

 

the... Bengals? 

oh my bad i was switching between 2 tabs. oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cdd10 said:

the bengals too lol

 

Yeah but they were terrible last year. Again this hasn't changed. In 10 games AJ was an elite WR playing above most all other elite WRs. They were 3-6-1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, worldclass said:

 

Avoid. I don't think he clicks well with Dak. He's fine, he just won't return much.

 

Beasley is the guy to pick up now. He should be getting healthy amount of targets and has far better hands. 

 

I think he's low end wr1 in standard w2 in ppr with the upside to be in the top 3 in both formats, lot of questions in Dallas tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, worldclass said:

 

Avoid. I don't think he clicks well with Dak. He's fine, he just won't return much.

 

Beasley is the guy to pick up now. He should be getting healthy amount of targets and has far better hands. 

 

Eh... do you watch Cowboys games. Because I don't know how you could've watched many cowboys games in 2016 at the end and in 2017 and think that Dak and Dez don't click well.

 

Dak hasn't clicked well this season. He hasn't played well. But Dez is looking like he's going to lead WRs in TDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 1:46 PM, FlyingElvis said:

It might be tough to move him, but Hogan is probably a sell high right now? Amendola seems to be back (for the time being), so that obviously dents his value. Not sure what you could get for him right now, though.

 

I was wrong. Hogan seems to be a preference of Brady now, but I think two weeks of insane numbers might be the perfect Sell High, especially if you spin it to show that Week 1 was just the Pats playing really badly.

 

 

Anyway, going into Week 4, who makes the list? A lot of the previous buy low candidates had breakout games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like Chris Thompson is the perfect sell high candidate.  Putting up unsustainable numbers with the 5 TDs on limited touches.

 

Matt Ryan, Amari Cooper and Lev Bell seem like good candidates to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to say that I bought low on AJ Green while selling Ajayi high!  Likely will be my best trade of the year!

 

Sadly I DIDN'T sell high on Montgomery or CJ Anderson before this week!  Hoping CJ's down game in what suddenly looks like an RBBC was just a blip and he returns to being the bellcow next week.  Montgomery I am very down on (non-PPR), he just doesn't look good to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dschddny said:

I'm happy to say that I bought low on AJ Green while selling Ajayi high!  Likely will be my best trade of the year!

 

Sadly I DIDN'T sell high on Montgomery or CJ Anderson before this week!  Hoping CJ's down game in what suddenly looks like an RBBC was just a blip and he returns to being the bellcow next week.  Montgomery I am very down on (non-PPR), he just doesn't look good to me...

 

Idk man, no one in football coming into week 3 was getting the work load of Montgomery. Unless you'er worried about the emergence of a time share I still believe he's underrated a hair in most formats. He's got RB1 written all over that workload. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy:

-any piece of the Falcons I can get. I especially love Tevin Coleman: both a serviceable Flex and hypothetical RB1 if Freeman goes down. 

-Davante Adams: this dude was one of the best weekly values in DFS last year (with Michael Thomas). If he were on Buffalo I wouldn't touch him.. but as the 2nd fiddle in Green Bay? He's going to get going. He is talented. Consistency  is the main issue, but honestly I view him on the same tier as Amari Cooper (whose talent I love, but the inconsistency kills me)

-Phillip Rivers: awful performance yesterday, but he's a good player, and I like his weapons. Seems like you could get him for dirt cheap right now.

-Duke Johnson: I'm not confident in the touches, but he has looked electric since preseason (in the few Browns quarters I've watched). I guess it's not a classic 'low' but it's not like he is some untouchable asset. Worth a shot in deeper leagues. 

-Terrell Pryor: Talk about a dropoff in value! He hasn't done squat, and his technical ability as a receiver needs major work. But I'll take a shot on a guy this physically/athletically dominant, especially in what should be a solid offense. 

-Amari Cooper: I am starting to think he is wildly overrated... but he is talented, and the price will likely never be lower. 

-Andrew Luck: Even with a talent-deplete team, he will produce QB1 numbers upon his return. You could probably trade $15 FAAB for him at the moment.

 

Sell:

-Chris Thompson: each season some random scatback has a monster game and becomes the hot waiver add of the week-- while scrambling owners overlook how unsustainable the production is 

-Stefan Diggs: It's not inconceivable that he is blossoming into an elite WR1... but if you can sell high and get a Dez Bryant type for him, I'd do that. Don't forget that many fantasy owners are not obsessed with sports enough to read Rotoworld and all that-- and they are heavily biased toward recent production. 

-Rob Gronkowski: When healthy he might be the single most impactful fantasy player... but if your team needs depth, and you can flip him for something like Kelce + Keenan Allen... I like that move. 

-Christian McCaffery: In PPR he is a hold, but in standard: now you have that big game on which to sell and extract value. I think he is too small/light to be a difference-making RB2 in standard. I'd feel comfortable selling for a Gillislee type who is more likely to find the end zone regularly. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Buy:

-any piece of the Falcons I can get. I especially love Tevin Coleman: both a serviceable Flex and hypothetical RB1 if Freeman goes down. 

-Davante Adams: this dude was one of the best weekly values in DFS last year (with Michael Thomas). If he were on Buffalo I wouldn't touch him.. but as the 2nd fiddle in Green Bay? He's going to get going. He is talented. Consistency  is the main issue, but honestly I view him on the same tier as Amari Cooper (whose talent I love, but the inconsistency kills me)

-Phillip Rivers: awful performance yesterday, but he's a good player, and I like his weapons. Seems like you could get him for dirt cheap right now.

-Duke Johnson: I'm not confident in the touches, but he has looked electric since preseason (in the few Browns quarters I've watched). I guess it's not a classic 'low' but it's not like he is some untouchable asset. Worth a shot in deeper leagues. 

-Terrell Pryor: Talk about a dropoff in value! He hasn't done squat, and his technical ability as a receiver needs major work. But I'll take a shot on a guy this physically/athletically dominant, especially in what should be a solid offense. 

-Amari Cooper: I am starting to think he is wildly overrated... but he is talented, and the price will likely never be lower. 

-Andrew Luck: Even with a talent-deplete team, he will produce QB1 numbers upon his return. You could probably trade $15 FAAB for him at the moment.

 

Sell:

-Chris Thompson: each season some random scatback has a monster game and becomes the hot waiver add of the week-- while scrambling owners overlook how unsustainable the production is 

-Stefan Diggs: It's not inconceivable that he is blossoming into an elite WR1... but if you can sell high and get a Dez Bryant type for him, I'd do that. Don't forget that many fantasy owners are not obsessed with sports enough to read Rotoworld and all that-- and they are heavily biased toward recent production. 

-Rob Gronkowski: When healthy he might be the single most impactful fantasy player... but if your team needs depth, and you can flip him for something like Kelce + Keenan Allen... I like that move. 

-Christian McCaffery: In PPR he is a hold, but in standard: now you have that big game on which to sell and extract value. I think he is too small/light to be a difference-making RB2 in standard. I'd feel comfortable selling for a Gillislee type who is more likely to find the end zone regularly. 

 

Stefon Diggs I think you just have to make a judgement call on.

 

Because this dude could be AB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taobball said:

 

Stefon Diggs I think you just have to make a judgement call on.

 

Because this dude could be AB. 

 

Would AB be AB if he were in Minnesota?

 

I hear you though. Diggs is a guy where I can't clearly see what his ceiling is... and generally, in that scenario, it's unwise to sell because it implies the talent is immense, and the player could blossom in a number of ways. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

Would AB be AB if he were in Minnesota?

Yeah. Minnesota is super skilled.

Edited by Queso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

Would AB be AB if he were in Minnesota?

 

I hear you though. Diggs is a guy where I can't clearly see what his ceiling is... and generally, in that scenario, it's unwise to sell because it implies the talent is immense, and the player could blossom in a number of ways. 

 

The Bradford offense is not the Adrian Peterson offense. And I do think Bradford is back sooner rather than later. That offense has a ton of talent and a ton of weapons. The O-Line is better. Dalvin, Theilen, Rudolph, Diggs... I mean Laquon Treadwell feeels like he got buried way too quickly as a former #1. There's just a ton of receiving depth and talent on that team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

Sell:

 

-Stefan Diggs: It's not inconceivable that he is blossoming into an elite WR1... but if you can sell high and get a Dez Bryant type for him, I'd do that. Don't forget that many fantasy owners are not obsessed with sports enough to read Rotoworld and all that-- and they are heavily biased toward recent production. 

 

-Christian McCaffery: In PPR he is a hold, but in standard: now you have that big game on which to sell and extract value. I think he is too small/light to be a difference-making RB2 in standard. I'd feel comfortable selling for a Gillislee type who is more likely to find the end zone regularly. 

 Whoever sent away Diggs and McCaffery in those deals would be fleecing themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, taobball said:

 

The Bradford offense is not the Adrian Peterson offense. And I do think Bradford is back sooner rather than later. That offense has a ton of talent and a ton of weapons. The O-Line is better. Dalvin, Theilen, Rudolph, Diggs... I mean Laquon Treadwell feeels like he got buried way too quickly as a former #1. There's just a ton of receiving depth and talent on that team. 

 

Bradford... Theilen... Rudolph...  it's like Culpepper/Moss/Carter out there ;)

 

Minny's got some talent. Cook really helps round things into place. Bradford is fine. 

I like Diggs... but if you can trade him for the moon...

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Queso said:

 Whoever sent away Diggs and McCaffery in those deals would be fleecing themselves.

 

the fact that you think that, is precisely my point! 

 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Chris Thompson is NOT a sell in PPR formats. I wouldn't take less than Leveon Bell or Beckham......

I'm pretty.....fairly..... kinda...... 210% certain that you don't have to worry about seeing either of those guys on your trade doorstep any time soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

Theilen... Rudolph...  it's like Culpepper/Moss/Carter out there ;)

 

Minny's got some talent. Cook really helps round things into place. Bradford is fine. 

I like Diggs... but if you can trade him for the moon...

 

Dez tho isn't the moon to me. I would probably do it myself, but it's close, and I can easily see Diggs being more valuable. I wouldn't think a Diggs owner is crazy for valuing him as a top 10 WR. He's vastly more talented than he gets credit for. 

 

I mean... you can only guard so many people. If you have good route runners and a good offensive system...

 

You can knock theilen if you want, but he's proven that he can torch you all game. If defenses wanna lock up Diggs, they're going to get burned by the rest of teh minnesota offense. 

 

He may or may not still produce, but the dude is an elite WR in terms of talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

the fact that you think that, is precisely my point! 

 

Would you honestly take Dez over Diggs at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Buy:

-any piece of the Falcons I can get. I especially love Tevin Coleman: both a serviceable Flex and hypothetical RB1 if Freeman goes down. 

-Davante Adams: this dude was one of the best weekly values in DFS last year (with Michael Thomas). If he were on Buffalo I wouldn't touch him.. but as the 2nd fiddle in Green Bay? He's going to get going. He is talented. Consistency  is the main issue, but honestly I view him on the same tier as Amari Cooper (whose talent I love, but the inconsistency kills me)

-Phillip Rivers: awful performance yesterday, but he's a good player, and I like his weapons. Seems like you could get him for dirt cheap right now.

-Duke Johnson: I'm not confident in the touches, but he has looked electric since preseason (in the few Browns quarters I've watched). I guess it's not a classic 'low' but it's not like he is some untouchable asset. Worth a shot in deeper leagues. 

-Terrell Pryor: Talk about a dropoff in value! He hasn't done squat, and his technical ability as a receiver needs major work. But I'll take a shot on a guy this physically/athletically dominant, especially in what should be a solid offense. 

-Amari Cooper: I am starting to think he is wildly overrated... but he is talented, and the price will likely never be lower. 

-Andrew Luck: Even with a talent-deplete team, he will produce QB1 numbers upon his return. You could probably trade $15 FAAB for him at the moment.

 

Sell:

-Chris Thompson: each season some random scatback has a monster game and becomes the hot waiver add of the week-- while scrambling owners overlook how unsustainable the production is 

-Stefan Diggs: It's not inconceivable that he is blossoming into an elite WR1... but if you can sell high and get a Dez Bryant type for him, I'd do that. Don't forget that many fantasy owners are not obsessed with sports enough to read Rotoworld and all that-- and they are heavily biased toward recent production. 

-Rob Gronkowski: When healthy he might be the single most impactful fantasy player... but if your team needs depth, and you can flip him for something like Kelce + Keenan Allen... I like that move. 

-Christian McCaffery: In PPR he is a hold, but in standard: now you have that big game on which to sell and extract value. I think he is too small/light to be a difference-making RB2 in standard. I'd feel comfortable selling for a Gillislee type who is more likely to find the end zone regularly. 

 

I like your list, but disagree with Thompson & Diggs

 

Kelly is down and Perine is struggling. Unless Mack Brown steps up out of nowhere then I am not sure why you would think Thompson is not going to see 12-14 touches a week at the moment. They are not going to overload him, but he should be a great flex option every week in PPR. Should average 4-5 receptions and get a few chances to run the ball as a COP, so floor is about 10 points. I can live with that in my flex. 

 

Diggs is a fantastic WR and he is really starting to come into his own. I think the guy is legit. Still only 23, and already into his third year and MIN stole him in the 5th round. He is younger than some of the rookies. He is going to have a few quiet weeks, but the hundred yard games with a TD are not going to be a rarity. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

Bradford... Theilen... Rudolph...  it's like Culpepper/Moss/Carter out there ;)

 

Minny's got some talent. Cook really helps round things into place. Bradford is fine. 

I like Diggs... but if you can trade him for the moon...

 I mean Thielen is what? probably a top 20 wr in this league. Very underrated but maybe not anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Queso said:

Would you honestly take Dez over Diggs at this point?

No, and I'm a cowboys fan. Dez is only a name brand. I own Diggs in 4 leagues and I wouldn't trade him for anyone. He has shown that he can play well with Stafford and a back-up. AB can't  play with a back-up and Ben is regressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.