Sign in to follow this  
throwaway9614

Bennie Fowler 2017 Season Outlook

anyone trust him now this week until sanders is back? good amount of targets, might be a good ppr add short term

Edited by floppy

Him or Jordan Taylor are your best bets. Someone in the waivers thread suggested Latimer, but he was a healthy scratch and a primary special teamer so far this season so I’m not seeing it

Sanders out.  DT I was trying to trade and watched intently.  Guy looked good, but again came away with what looks like a nagging ankle/lower leg injury.

Fowler and Semian seem to have chemistry.

Edited by Sternes

20 minutes ago, floppy said:

anyone trust him now this week until sanders is back? good amount of targets, might be a good ppr add short term

Not sure if I trust him but I am looking to add him this week and will need to start him if Davis isn't healthy. I don't think Chargers are anything special on the defensive side and if both Thomas and Sanders miss time there are plenty of targets to go around. 

20 hours ago, Sternes said:

Sanders out.  DT I was trying to trade and watched intently.  Guy looked good, but again came away with what looks like a nagging ankle/lower leg injury.

Fowler and Semian seem to have chemistry.

Is Fowler a start against the Chargers? Could be a shootout. 

12 hours ago, gimme the ball said:

I'm asking the same question. Not sure since I think he is slot receiver. Jordan Taylor I think will be the new outside guy and Cody Latimer is lying in wait and has the best pedigree and metrics of the 3 but that hasn't helped him be ahead of them on depth chart and he is recovering from a knee injury. Fowler has been the most involved and from the perspective of someone who rarely watches the Broncos he strikes me as a guy who isn't afraid to run across the middle and fill the short to intermediate, high target role that Sanders typically fills.  

20 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Not a slot receiver really. He is 6'1, 210+ pounds.  

Not really certain where I got this from but I thought I read he played mostly the slot and that Jordan Taylor may be the beneficiary of Sanders missing time. I have no idea though I don't watch the Broncos and not certain how reliable that source was (could've just been someone on these forums) so I wouldn't put much stock in it. On paper Fowler looks the man to own since he is next on the depth chart and has been the most involved and has some chemistry with Siemien already. He played the most snaps of any WR and got 8 targets (although could only catch 3).

Edited by Jaw1

Idk if there's a Jordan Taylor thread, but I'd rather have him over Fowler. Taylor has displayed good chemistry with Siemian last season and in preseason. Huge RZ target at 6'5 with DT drawing all the attention. At least in standard scoring I like Taylor over Fowler.

This is a big opportunity with a perfect situation. Even if he's not perfectly suited for the role, he could be a great pickup in deep leagues.

He'll get the start in Sander's spot. May have to start him this week if Parker can't go. I'm feeling 5-64-1!

Boom!

On 10/17/2017 at 1:31 PM, gimme the ball said:

Denver doesn’t get in any shootouts. Remember who their qb is. 

4 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Word of Caution: Ricardo Louis of Cleveland was getting lots of targets for two games. I picked him thinking like you are here. Next game, 3tarfets and only a few yards. And he was number one receiver too with Coleman and Britt out. 

Cleveland...really?  Lol

51 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Word of Caution: Ricardo Louis of Cleveland was getting lots of targets for two games. I picked him thinking like you are here. Next game, 3tarfets and only a few yards. And he was number one receiver too with Coleman and Britt out. 

I know, that's happened to me a million times. There is a high dud rate for these waiver wire WRs but ultimately you just have to pick the guy you think has the best chance of not sucking

Hey, he caught 2 TD's week 1 against the Chargers. He'll get the targets. He had a full week of practicing as the #2, so hopefully him and Siemian or more on the same page.

22 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Hey, he caught 2 TD's week 1 against the Chargers. He'll get the targets. He had a full week of practicing as the #2, so hopefully him and Siemian or more on the same page.

Are you impressed with his skills or do you just believe because he is number two and Denver is playing a weak passing defense he should do okay?

23 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Are you impressed with his skills or do you just believe because he is number two and Denver is playing a weak passing defense he should do okay?

I think it's the offense mixed with the weak passing defense. Denver just seems to get a lot of those simple routes (crosses, slants, and curls) to their #1 and #2. I'm probably being more hopeful than anything.

From Bobby Slyvester on FP.  He has him ranked 30th WR in PPR:

Bennie Fowler

(WR #33) DEN @ LAC

As you may have heard, Emmanual Sanders is already ruled out for the week. Demaryius Thomas is expected to play, but with a banged up calf, plus he will more than likely see most of Casey Hayward in coverage. Last week, Fowler led the Broncos in snaps and saw 8 targets, several of which were in the red zone. In fact, Fowler leads the Broncos in red zone targets this season. With an expected 80% snap count and another 8+ targets, Fowler is a safe flex play this week.

6 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I don't think their pass defense is weak per se. They're allowing 207 ypg passing...not strong but not weak. 

21 hours ago, herschel said:

From Bobby Slyvester on FP.  He has him ranked 30th WR in PPR:

Bennie Fowler

(WR #33) DEN @ LAC

As you may have heard, Emmanual Sanders is already ruled out for the week. Demaryius Thomas is expected to play, but with a banged up calf, plus he will more than likely see most of Casey Hayward in coverage. Last week, Fowler led the Broncos in snaps and saw 8 targets, several of which were in the red zone. In fact, Fowler leads the Broncos in red zone targets this season. With an expected 80% snap count and another 8+ targets, Fowler is a safe flex play this week.

Bobby who?     I don’t recognize that name amongst the regular beat writers.  

Fowler is an interesting dart throw but Denver is gonna run the ball this week a lot.    They are down 2 O linemen on the right side (Watson, Stephenson) and playing THE WORST RUN D IN THE NFL.   Barbre, a left guard will be playing right tackle.   Yeah...

Siemian throws more than 30 times and it’s trouble.     

Nothing safe about any Denver wideout outside of DT 

Edited by Impreza178

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Fowler is an interesting dart throw but Denver is gonna run the ball this week a lot.    They are down 2 O linemen on the right side (Watson, Stephenson) and playing THE WORST RUN D IN THE NFL.   Siemian throws more than 30 times and it’s trouble.     

I don't trust DT this week.  He was gimpy last week, got checked out at half or just after half, then got his ankle turned again in the 2nd half.  I think he is more banged up then they are letting on.  Sanders is down.  I could easily see DT getting 4 for 31 yards, and Fowler going for 60 or so and a TD.  The rest, like you said, run the fricking ball.

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Fowler is an interesting dart throw but Denver is gonna run the ball this week a lot.    They are down 2 O linemen on the right side (Watson, Stephenson) and playing THE WORST RUN D IN THE NFL.   Siemian throws more than 30 times and it’s trouble.     

Stephenson being out is an addition by subtraction. Guy is an absolute GARBAGE RT

but yeah I agree with everything you said