Cavs93

Add josh Gordon?

1.0 ppr ten team 

Qb- Derek Carr

Rb- Elliott, mccafery, Carlos Hyde, Crowell, Powell, jaquizz Rodgers, Theo Riddick 

Wr- Odell Beckham jr, golden Tate, Stefan diggs, willie Snead, Corey Davis,

Te- m Bennett

Who should I drop to add josh Gordon?

I think you can drop one of your RB for him if you really want him.  I picked him up in a couple leagues as a deep bench lottery ticket, and we'll know within a week or two whether or not he'll be viable this year, so he'll be droppable again if not.  Personally, I'd look to drop Powell or Quizz.  Powell because...well...Jets.  and Quizz because he's useless to you in a few weeks when martin returns.  But I also wouldn't fault you for not picking up Gordon.

If you really want him, I'd drop Rodgers.  To be honest, though, I'm also of the opinion that Gordon is not going to be worth jack squat.  It's been almost three years since he's seen the field, so if you bother picking him up, don't expect much.  

9 minutes ago, ncbobcats said:

Why bother? What are your reasons for thinking that this is a good move in a ten team league?

Josh Gordon's ability  and his potential to improve my team. 

5 minutes ago, Cavs93 said:

Today marks the 1000th day since Josh Gordon has played in a competitive football game. He was also terrible for pretty much the entirety of the small portion of the 2014 season where he did play. He's not contributing anything meaningful to a NFL team or your fantasy team this year. Waste of a roster spot. 

Gambling on his 2013 performance seems like a distant longshot. Even if he plays (unlikely) he's likely to give you his 2014 production of 6 fantasy points per game once he gets an opportunity to start after a few games of clearing the rust out. That's a little below flex level production and the kind of production you can pick up on the waiver wires even in a 12 to 14 team league and don't have to hold for multiple weeks just to get the chance at those 6 points. There isn't any lightning left in the bottle to catch.

1 hour ago, Cavs93 said:

In Gordon's 2013 breakout season he only had to battle Jordan Cameron, Greg Little and Davone Bess for targets.  In other words Gordon was the only real pass catcher that the Browns had.  Smash cut to 2017 where the landscape is vastly improved. Coleman, Britt and two pass catching running back would cut deep into his targets.

When you ask if you should add someone who has been out of football for a number of years, you really need to argue your point a little better.

The fascination some people have with this guy is amazing.  The guy was a flash in the pan, one year wonder which was 4 years ago.  He has not played football in 3 years.  I heard Braylon Edwards is coming back as well, might want to pick him up instead.

3 hours ago, Beer Snob said:

It's been almost three years since he's seen the field, so if you bother picking him up, don't expect much.  

I'm pretty sure Gordon was playning pre-seasons games last year before 2016 so it really hasent been 3 years since he has played here are the highlights

You pick him up. once he is reinstated, package him w another player to upgrade your squad. I am sure some people will overpaid for him once he can play.

4 hours ago, JrsKars said:

I'm pretty sure Gordon was playning pre-seasons games last year before 2016 so it really hasent been 3 years since he has played here are the highlights

If your point is to prove me wrong in that he actually played football in the past 3 years (even if it was in a meaningless preseason game), then you've done just that.

But I hope this isn't also to suggest that he's going to come back and be the impact player he was before he screwed his career up.  Or that he'll even make any kind of impact. He still hasn't seen any regular season action since 2014.  It is beyond reasonable to assume that this will significantly impact his game.

Edited by Beer Snob

I whiffed 

28 minutes ago, Beer Snob said:

It is beyond reasonable to assume that this will significantly impact his game.

Yeah but have you seen that picture of him with his shirt off? ;)   

1 hour ago, Beer Snob said:

If your point is to prove me wrong in that he actually played football in the past 3 years (even if it was in a meaningless preseason game), then you've done just that.

But I hope this isn't also to suggest that he's going to come back and be the impact player he was before he screwed his career up.  Or that he'll even make any kind of impact. He still hasn't seen any regular season action since 2014.  It is beyond reasonable to assume that this will significantly impact his game.

just saying he last nfl action was during preseason playing the first quarter on a preseason game is no different then playing in a regular season game your still playing against the top defensive line and defensive backs unless they are injured and cant play , will he make a impact to the game if he does get reinstated. nobody knows last I checked you have to be very gifted to see the future.

and it really depends if Cleveland decides to keep him or trade him and what team him might go to, if he stays in cleveland he would have to get on the same page with Kizer and the only other WR that he will be Competing with is Coleman

2 hours ago, Newtown said:

BTW, what's the status on Justin Blackmon's reinstatement?

If your actually asking that question. Justin Blackmon is suspended indefinitely from the NFL. 

5 hours ago, baller179563 said:

If your actually asking that question. Justin Blackmon is suspended indefinitely from the NFL. 

No sorry, just being a little facetious. On another blog, italics are used for sarcasm.

Edited by Newtown