Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

I'm jealous, nobody can guard him one on one lol owned every center thus far in LA. 

Look at Brook Lopez stats tonight.

Then go look at Deandre Jordan's in the past game.

Whoa

After watching that, I thought that Embiid should be a loot box in fantasy to provide owners with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking him.

• Like 1

My mentality when drafting him at 30 was ”f--- it, either he screws me over or wins me the League. If he screws me over I’ll just don’t draft him next year. But no matter what, when he actually plays , man Will it be fun to play fantasy”.

At this Point I’m keeping him unless someone really eager offers a first rounder. I Would advise everyone to do the same. I’m not religious but after this performance I’m gonna say My prayers every Night for him to stay healthy.

People are Talking about ceiling, comparing him to some greats. With all due respect to those Hall of famers, I don’t think he has a ceiling that we can actually comprehend. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

My mentality when drafting him at 30 was ”f--- it, either he screws me over or wins me the League. If he screws me over I’ll just don’t draft him next year. But no matter what, when he actually plays , man Will it be fun to play fantasy”.

At this Point I’m keeping him unless someone really eager offers a first rounder. I Would advise everyone to do the same. I’m not religious but after this performance I’m gonna say My prayers every Night for him to stay healthy.

People are Talking about ceiling, comparing him to some greats. With all due respect to those Hall of famers, I don’t think he has a ceiling that we can actually comprehend. 

first paragraph was my thoughts when i drafted him 2nd round in a 20 teamer...it's a make or break pick.

• Like 1

What can be said that hasn't already been said. This dude is amazing. After his first game last year, I was telling everyone I know that in two years if this guy stays healthy he is going to be the best player in the league. And I still truly believe that. Unlimited potential because the scary thing is he is still learning the game.

Side note: I drafted him in the second round because I knew he wouldn't be there  for me in the third and I don't mind I reaching when necessary and I am not afraid of risks in fantasy.

On 8/10/2016 at 6:56 AM, GJDHouse said:

I saw both of them play a full year of college. A healthy Embiid is a better prospect and would have gone before Towns in a draft. Assuming his health is legit you are going to want to. Get a piece of him this year in your drafts. Don't wait too late.

Towns is one of the best young players in the game. Embiid is going to be better. 

Its happening!!!!

??

• Like 2

I tried to draft him in the 3rd everywhere but I ended up with zero shares, got sniped in all 7 of my leagues. I feel sad that I don't have a stake in this. 

1 hour ago, GJDHouse said:

Its happening!!!!

??

Haha I remember this thread. Ahh the good old days of me getting hyped by watching Joel do dreamshakes on a 40 year Old white guy.

You got hunted by some posters here for your prediction, Good for you

Contemplated hard on draft day to take Embiid over Marc Gasol and I just couldn’t do it because of the injury history. Yea Gasol has been great but doesnt have the monster upside Embiid possesses. Top 5 potential if he stays healthy congrats owners. 

Edited by chud12

What a beast. I took him 31st overall 3rd pick in a 14 team 9 cat h2h but because of turnovers and risk I traded him for Butler and Ibaka, I can live with that but it hurts as he's gone for 3 huge games out of 4 since he was dealt. I didn't trust the process enough.

Contemplated hard on draft day to take Embiid over Marc Gasol and I just couldn’t do it because of the injury history. Yea Gasol has been great but doesnt have the monster upside Embiid possesses. Top 5 potential if he stays healthy congrats owners. 

Joel Embiid has the strength of shaq, the footwork of hakeem, the foul-drawing skills of harden and the shooting of any stretch 4 in the league

how do you guard that?

Edited by aomine
  • Like 1

Lol the funny thing people forget is...the Cavs could have had this guy!!! imagine LeBron + Kyrie + Embiid. that would challenge GSW for years. they need a strong defensive presence like Embiid in the worst way.

Instead they drafted overrated Wiggins...yes I know hindsight is 20/20..

5 hours ago, a-rob said:

unbelievable performance from the process, but if i own him, I think this would be the best time to sell high. If you can get a Cousins, KAT, Kristaps, I think owners should seriously consider moving him for a much safer and equally as impressive alternative

You don't but you would like to.  Hence the "advice" you gave.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deathrow said:

You don't but you would like to.  Hence the "advice" you gave.

i dont think any embiid owner should say no to the players he is offering though

6 minutes ago, aomine said:

i dont think any embiid owner should say no to the players he is offering though

So Porizingis is a poster boy for a durable player?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, aomine said:

I would not give up embiid for porzingas after last night, what're you smoking?

• Like 2

KAT for Embiid, sure. I would even have to think about it for a bit, but sure I'd take it.

Porzingis? No way. Embiid has the higher ceiling, and kristaps isn't exactly proven ironman either. 

At this point I just don't want to see another owner having fun with my shiny fourth round pick.

Edited by Saltgurkan15
  • Like 2

Not trading. Never. I’m riding until the end even if it means he gets injured again, it’s an honor to have him on my team. #BabyHakeem

• Like 8