Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, L3onD said:

Not trading. Never. I’m riding until the end even if it means he gets injured again, it’s an honor to have him on my team. #BabyHakeem

I am with you on this...may not be the most rational decision but f it...he is so much fun to own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, L3onD said:

Not trading. Never. I’m riding until the end even if it means he gets injured again, it’s an honor to have him on my team. #BabyHakeem

Same - even if he gets hurt, I will just think, well I knew the risk and that this was a possibility, but it was fun while it lasted and my pick didn't bust because of lack of talent.    

I have multiple 10 game or more injuries every single year to overcome (last year for example I had Jabari, Durant, DLo, Warren, etc) so I am used to it anyway.  That is fantasy basketball.

• Like 1

Dude is a monster, could not turn this game off last night so I could watch him and Simmons. Embiid with the super-sweet stroke from deep late in the game. Simmons with a beauty of a running floater swish. Sixers are legit.

• Like 3

The eurostepping and dream shaking are filthy. So happy I traded for him early before he started to release the Kraken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Same - even if he gets hurt, I will just think, well I knew the risk and that this was a possibility, but it was fun while it lasted and my pick didn't bust because of lack of talent.    

I have multiple 10 game or more injuries every single year to overcome (last year for example I had Jabari, Durant, DLo, Warren, etc) so I am used to it anyway.  That is fantasy basketball.

I'm thinking, yeah, there's a lot of risk, but if he's healthy during the H2H playoffs ...worth hanging on to just for that oh-so-enticing possibility

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

The eurostepping and dream shaking are filthy.

He also had what looked like an up-and-down when he whirled around 180 degrees after grabbing a board in the 4th. Hey, it's good for the game.

23 minutes ago, Shredded said:

He and Simmons have mvp potential in the near future. Sizers are gonna be ballin if fulltz is healthy

First sentence....Yes

Second sentence....LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Haha 1

I agree, I took the risk on keeping him this year. High risk/high reward is defiantly the way to describe Embiid 

34 minutes ago, Shredded said:

He and Simmons have mvp potential in the near future. Sizers are gonna be ballin if fulltz is healthy

Fultz sucks, no confidence

They should have drafted Tatum

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Fultz sucks, no confidence

They should have drafted Tatum

No confidence, yes.  And I love Tatum's game so I do think they should have not traded up and drafted Tatum instead.

But I don't think we can totally say Fultz sucks yet until we see him post shoulder injury.  He looked scared and so many shots of his got blocked.  The free throw form change was a complete joke.  He wasn't shooting threes at all.  But I am not ready to say whether all of that was because of the injury or that he was just intimidated and over-matched on the court.

3 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

The eurostepping and dream shaking are filthy. So happy I traded for him early before he started to release the Kraken.

LOL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

No confidence, yes.  And I love Tatum's game so I do think they should have not traded up and drafted Tatum instead.

But I don't think we can totally say Fultz sucks yet until we see him post shoulder injury.  He looked scared and so many shots of his got blocked.  The free throw form change was a complete joke.  He wasn't shooting threes at all.  But I am not ready to say whether all of that was because of the injury or that he was just intimidated and over-matched on the court.

Go watch some Fultz highlights in summer league, shot looks great, bangin 3's and all. He's definitely hurt, can't lift his arm above his shoulder. I don't think it has anything to do with playing scared. I have no idea why they let him keep playing.

Back to Embiid, good god last night was a treat to watch.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jackmurphy said:

Go watch some Fultz highlights in summer league, shot looks great, bangin 3's and all. He's definitely hurt, can't lift his arm above his shoulder. I don't think it has anything to do with playing scared. I have no idea why they let him keep playing.

Back to Embiid, good god last night was a treat to watch.

I've seen his summer league - playing in summer league is not the same as regular games.  

I have no no idea why they played him either when they were so careful with other injuries. But whether he was hesitant because of the injury or just intimidated, he looked scared and very hesitant imo.

Yes Joel is a monster. It just shows that centers will always be able to dominate in any era when they have the talent to do so.

I'm not a Philly fan but PLEASE let this man stay healthy his whole career. He could be one of the all-time greats if he can just stay on the court.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBatum88 said:

I'm not a Philly fan but PLEASE let this man stay healthy his whole career. He could be one of the all-time greats if he can just stay on the court.

I am a Philly fan, and I would love to see him stay healthy, but his history screams the opposite. I really hope he has a couple years where he finishes the season and gets through the playoffs healthy to see what the team's upside is with this nucleus. That said, a lot of people in this thread are saying they are riding with him and not trading him, and that to me is letting emotion cloud judgement. If you can turn Embiid into KAT it should be an instant accept. If you can turn Embiid into any top 10 asset it should be an instant accept IMO. Winning money in fantasy leagues is about being smart. Eliminating injury risk while getting an equal/better return is smart. Not trading someone because of an emotional attachment is not smart. But, if you aren't playing for money you want to win or playing for fun/bragging rights, disregard what I wrote and have fun with Embiid. He is a beast and I will be right there with you watching and cheering for my Sixers. Funny side note, I don't hear anyone talking sh*t in a logical way about Hinkie now. Assuming decently good health, Simmons/Embiid/Saric/Covington and whatever Fultz is when he has full range of motion with his arm will be the envy of franchises mired in mediocrity or rebuilding for the next decade. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I've seen his summer league - playing in summer league is not the same as regular games.  

I have no no idea why they played him either when they were so careful with other injuries. But whether he was hesitant because of the injury or just intimidated, he looked scared and very hesitant imo.

Yes Joel is a monster. It just shows that centers will always be able to dominate in any era when they have the talent to do so.

I know its not the same, but his play and shooting form were vastly different which is why I think his problem was 100% the injury.

3 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I am a Philly fan, and I would love to see him stay healthy, but his history screams the opposite. I really hope he has a couple years where he finishes the season and gets through the playoffs healthy to see what the team's upside is with this nucleus. That said, a lot of people in this thread are saying they are riding with him and not trading him, and that to me is letting emotion cloud judgement. If you can turn Embiid into KAT it should be an instant accept. If you can turn Embiid into any top 10 asset it should be an instant accept IMO. Winning money in fantasy leagues is about being smart. Eliminating injury risk while getting an equal/better return is smart. Not trading someone because of an emotional attachment is not smart. But, if you aren't playing for money you want to win or playing for fun/bragging rights, disregard what I wrote and have fun with Embiid. He is a beast and I will be right there with you watching and cheering for my Sixers. Funny side note, I don't hear anyone talking sh*t in a logical way about Hinkie now. Assuming decently good health, Simmons/Embiid/Saric/Covington and whatever Fultz is when he has full range of motion with his arm will be the envy of franchises mired in mediocrity or rebuilding for the next decade. 

I'm with ya. I never talked smack about Hinkie. I always thought he was brilliant and what he did was pretty awesome. This is a good video to check out if you're a philly fan. Either way, major props to you for sticking out with your team through the bad times.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

I'm with ya. I never talked smack about Hinkie. I always thought he was brilliant and what he did was pretty awesome. This is a good video to check out if you're a philly fan. Either way, major props to you for sticking out with your team through the bad times.

Thanks for positing the video. I never "stuck it out" with them, I supported and cheered on the rebuild every single step along the way...and actually watched them too. How Brett Brown won 10 games with some of those rosters still baffles me. People say they tanked, but every player that played for them busted their a** when they were on the court. Covington and McConnell are important pieces on super team friendly contracts, but signing some mid-tier over priced free agent would have wiped out their developmental minutes. Anyway, I am very worried about the new regime. They have f*cked up every single thing they have changed that they inherited. Okafor. Noel. Fultz in this draft. They need to prove themselves fast or the work Hinkie did will be for nothing. And I say that knowing Hinkie wasn't perfect, but the dude knew how to trade and why they wouldn't let him unwind assets in trades before he left is beyond me. 

Back to Embiid. Dude is a beast. But remember it was the Lakers and a lot of it was vs. Randle. 

Edited by thezing1

6 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Back to Embiid. Dude is a beast. But remember it was the Lakers and a lot of it was vs. Randle. 

So he's not going to average 46/15/7??

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Winning money in fantasy leagues is about being smart.

It's also about managing risk. Which sometimes means putting your team in risky situations.

One of the money leagues I won last year was because people were too afraid to touch Wall and Gobert and I got them on the cheap. No different than what's happening now with Embiid.

It's very doubtful that the owners who initially passed up on Embiid are now going to give up their first round pick up for him. They passed on him because of the risk and there isn't enough evidence yet to suggest that risk should no longer be a concern.

Embiid owners probably picked him late enough in the draft to where they can still survive without him. Having lost my fourth round player last season and still won my league is what gave me the confidence  to accept a trade of Embiid for Oladipo. I had to ask myself 'can I survive losing Oladipo on this team?' and the answer was yes. It was a no-brainer to then take the medium-risk with high-reward situation offered to me. I call it a medium-risk because there is no way Embiid would be getting these minutes if Philly wasn't confident in his health.

Edited by HarmStrong
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

So he's not going to average 46/15/7??

come on man you've been around for a while now. you should know better.

he'll average closer to 55/19/11

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

come on man you've been around for a while now. you should know better.

he'll average closer to 55/19/11

Haha - Wilt numbers!