Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Joel Embiid will not play tomorrow against the Cavs in Cleveland (back-to-back restriction/load management) and will be available for Sunday's game against the Pelicans in New Orleans.

48 minutes ago, kane said:

Joel Embiid will not play tomorrow against the Cavs in Cleveland (back-to-back restriction/load management) and will be available for Sunday's game against the Pelicans in New Orleans.

I am ok with it. Stay healthy big man! 

4 hours ago, kane said:

i was afraid he was gonna play against cavs and then sit out on sunday but this is great news...i want to see him and boogie battle it out, that should be a great matchup

23 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

Anyone else in H2H that basically adjusted over to a full on punt TO-team with him? I drafted with the hope of trying to be okay in that category, but it’s pretty tough to do with embiid lol. With that Said I’m not complaining, just traded for another Turnover-machine from the punt assists guy in our League and My team is looking pretty mean now. 

That was pretty much my strategy to start the year, especially since I have Giannis and he turns it over a fair bit also; but the funny thing is, lots of other teams in my league seem to be punting TOs as well, and I've actually won TOs more weeks than not so far.  

• Like 1

Um, is he playing tonight? There was a RW blurb that he was starting, and then got a Yahoo notification that he was out. Was looking forward to him going up against the NO front court. Any details out yet?

Le sigh.... maybe they’re protecting him from an angry boogie, bc he lost his revenge game. I went into tonight with Embiid and Turner and only needing 2 blocks, somehow I’m going to not win that category.

Short week next week as well.

Edited by RCRanger03

Philly breeds these guys to be soft with how badly they baby them.

Not saying Embiid didn't experience some discomfort but nobody ever truly plays at a 100%

• Like 1

Seeing how he always lays on the baseline, instead of sitting on the bench, has always made me wonder if he has back problems. Steve Nash did the same thing in his latter years. The rollercoasters of Jojo ownership...sigh.

• Like 1

Embiid initially hurt his back against the Lakers.

• Like 1

so he is going for 44 mins, this makes me nervous, but at the same time you got to stop babying him and see what he can do physically, he said he feels great just trust him and trust the process

if this will go triple OT, i think it would be best to sit him already

Another monster block on Westrbrook. This guy has to be absolutely gassed right now. I am praying it doesn't go into another overtime.

I bet the coach will let him rest in next match after playing career high mintues

well philly is on a 2 game week so if any, this is the best time to have back to back career high in mins played