Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Their next game isn't until Monday. This is one of the rare circumstances where a 2 game week might be a good thing.

I still felt they should have sat him 3rd OT, but well it is in the books. I think nobody knows his body better than Embiid himself. If he feels he can't handle it, he should be honest and tell coaching staff to sit him. It is a long season.

Too bad they lost the game too, was rooting hard for them.

3 minutes ago, sya said:

I think nobody knows his body better than Embiid himself.

Sure, but pride and adrenaline can be a deadly combo. There is no way he was going to volunteer to hit the pine during this game.

That said, I have a feeling he'll be sore as a *********** the next couple of days but with proper treatment he will be just fine to suit up for Monday's game.

7 hours ago, JMega said:

Sure, but pride and adrenaline can be a deadly combo. There is no way he was going to volunteer to hit the pine during this game.

That said, I have a feeling he'll be sore as a *********** the next couple of days but with proper treatment he will be just fine to suit up for Monday's game.

He'll sit Monday's game, and play Tuesday's game if I had to guess.

Instead of trusting the process, the Sixers are speeding up the damn process. In the process jeopardizing there 2 young studs long term, smh. The Sixers want to win so badly they forgot the longterm plan. I wouldn't sell Simmons or Embiid if I owned them but I would be so, so concerned long term this year. Playing Embiid 52 minutes last night when he was banged up and laboring is just asking for big time trouble. 

Embiid is so 1980s.  He may be the league's best trash talker already and is able to back it up. Unfortunately, he will carry the injury tag until he proves otherwise.  Back and knee problems will probably always be a concern.  

Jessica Camerato‏Verified account 
@JCameratoNBCS
Brett Brown said he is “unsure at this stage” on Joel Embiid’s availability for Tues. (home vs. Kings). Brown expects to find out more when team returns to Philly. Embiid won't travel to Chicago (no back-to-backs), did not go through practice Sun. Played 49 min Fri. in triple OT.

Interesting, if he misses one more game then something is wrong. Back issues are concerning for a big.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:43 PM, chud12 said:

Instead of trusting the process, the Sixers are speeding up the damn process. In the process jeopardizing there 2 young studs long term, smh. The Sixers want to win so badly they forgot the longterm plan. I wouldn't sell Simmons or Embiid if I owned them but I would be so, so concerned long term this year. Playing Embiid 52 minutes last night when he was banged up and laboring is just asking for big time trouble. 

Hate to bump my own post but yea. 

Lets not over react. He is suffering from back tightness. Looks like theyre shutting him down for the week to let it heal up completely. Considering how cautious they've been with him, I doubt they would let play through it with anything more severe

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kane said:

not good

Honestly, I wouldn't trip too much at this point. I don't own Embiid ( I am a sixers fan), but I do own Kanter who went through a bout of back spasms. The Knicks brought Kanter back for one game before they had another 2-3 days off before the next game. I wish they would have given him those extra 3 days to get his back in order and calmed down. He hasn't looked the same since (in fairness he has had a hip injury and neck/shoulder injury). If I were an Embiid owner and I saw how gingerly he was moving in that OKC game I would be annoyed as F that they played him that many minutes and then I would be hoping they sit him an extended period to get his back calmed down. Can you imagine being a 7 foot 280 pound human and putting that much stress on your body from running, jumping, getting knocked to the floor, and banging in the paint with other massive human beings. Just take a break during a tough home/away vs. the Raptors and get healthy. 

2 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Lets not over react. He is suffering from back tightness. Looks like theyre shutting him down for the week to let it heal up completely. Considering how cautious they've been with him, I doubt they would let play through it with anything more severe

The old regime was cautious with Embiid, but everyone needs to realize the crew running the show now is 180 degrees different. Multiple times Embiid has been a GTD and he goes through warm ups and plays. That would never happen last year. Minutes limits being lifted/ignored....that would never happen last year. The past is the past. It is not smart to assume the same kid gloves are being used to handle Embiid this year because they are most definitely not. 

13 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

This guy better play on the 23rd. I'm going to that game...

"sell high" maybe???

That sucks man. I can't imagine the disappointment if he is out. 

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

The old regime was cautious with Embiid, but everyone needs to realize the crew running the show now is 180 degrees different. Multiple times Embiid has been a GTD and he goes through warm ups and plays. That would never happen last year. Minutes limits being lifted/ignored....that would never happen last year. The past is the past. It is not smart to assume the same kid gloves are being used to handle Embiid this year because they are most definitely not. 

I feel like the exact same thing happened last year?

And isn't the regime/crew the same too?

- Nationally televised game versus a hyped competitor (last year was Rockets IIRC, this year OKC).

- Embiid plays more minutes than he should

- Ends up missing a bunch of games afterward

Edited by UniCornucopia