Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

From possible first rounder to maybe i should sell high on him. Few big men options though, only Kat and Cousins comes to mind. Gobert and whiteside injured, jokic is not what im looking for my build. No on davis

I think brent brown is partially to blame for this. you play the guy 39 mins which is a career high, and then next game you decide to play him 49 mins because it went to triple OT, and they lost that game too which is double black eye for them.

I think Brent brown should have sat him down during the 3rd OT, embiid was gassed out too

17 hours ago, thezing1 said:

"sell high" maybe???

That sucks man. I can't imagine the disappointment if he is out. 

Trust me. Atleast I can see Simmons, but still...

17 hours ago, UniCornucopia said:

I feel like the exact same thing happened last year?

And isn't the regime/crew the same too?

- Nationally televised game versus a hyped competitor (last year was Rockets IIRC, this year OKC).

- Embiid plays more minutes than he should

- Ends up missing a bunch of games afterward

You are correct on the timing. I am blending different threads where people are talking about different Sixers and how they are being handled. At the end of the day, the current regime has a totally different approach on minutes/playing time as compared to Hinkie. Literally any hint of injury and the Hinkie Sixers would sit the player (Nerlens, Jahlil, etc.) Compare that to how the Sixers handled Fultz and Embiid so far and the difference is pretty obvious. 

The Sixers are in a weird spot. They aren't good enough to really compete for the playoffs unless they are at full strength. I think it would be a success if they stayed in the race for the 8 seed all season and felt what it was like to compete in meaningful games over the last month or two of the season. The big jump in competitiveness will come after an offseason of development from Simmons and Fultz. 

1 minute ago, TheBoondocks said:

I'm trading my Gary Harris and Mirotic for him so he best return for Christmas plz

you have no cause to complain about him missing any games for rest, I LOVE Gary but you're making out like a bandit in that deal

4 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

I'm trading my Gary Harris and Mirotic for him so he best return for Christmas plz

That is a joke lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sya said:

I think brent brown is partially to blame for this. you play the guy 39 mins which is a career high, and then next game you decide to play him 49 mins because it went to triple OT, and they lost that game too which is double black eye for them.

I think Brent brown should have sat him down during the 3rd OT, embiid was gassed out too

Yeah, while he is obviously a difference maker, I would be hesitant to play him more than 30 minutes a game as a general minutes cap.  I know fantasy owners might not agree but, if I were a fantasy owner, I would prefer he be limited to 30 minutes and play 65 to 70 games instead of having the team run him into the ground and have him constantly missing multiple games. He has already missed 8 games out of 31.  

Sixers public announcement translations:

Sore <body part> = torn <body part tendon>

Swelling = grade 2 sprain

Sprained <body part> = broken bones

Spasm = nerve damage

DNP-CD = pending trade talks

DNP-Rest = about to be shut down

Don’t forget that they still have a #1 pick who might or might not have injured himself experimenting different shooting motion then might or might not have had fluid taken out of painkiller injected. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

when was the shutdown last year? wasn't that january?

seems like he is on track again

dude, we dont need that kind of negativity in here, theres enough already... :unsure:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cltubbs said:

Any word on his status for tonight? Game is at 5pm EST today 

Nothing yet. Driving me mad.

3 minutes ago, Jin said:

PUT HIM IN BOIZ

WOOO. Let's gooooo! Thanks @Jin

Edited by skcruzer
  • Like 1

Joel Embiid - C - 76ers
Joel Embiid (back) is questionable for Monday's game vs. the Knicks.

He played 23 minutes on Saturday, but he cooled off after a nice start to the game. Embiid did not practice on Sunday and received treatment on his back instead. Expect the 76ers to make a decision on his status after he warms up. If he's out, Amir Johnson and Richaun Holmes will likely split the center minutes, but Holmes would be the better play in fantasy .

A non-owner here and this dude is just a giant headache to own, prob. will be on the injury report in some capacity almost everyday the rest of the way. 

5 hours ago, chud12 said:

A non-owner here and this dude is just a giant headache to own, prob. will be on the injury report in some capacity almost everyday the rest of the way. 

Great input

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1