Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I just traded for this guy. Anyone can help me what to feel? I love the numbers but the injury updates scares me.

6 hours ago, StickerHappy said:

I just traded for this guy. Anyone can help me what to feel? I love the numbers but the injury updates scares me.

It's a little late for that. Just enjoy him when he plays. Hope the Sixers win so they need him for a playoff push. 

Joel Embiid (back) hit 9-of-21 shots and a career-high 6-of-12 3-pointers on his way to 29 points, nine rebounds, three assists and a block in Thursday's 114-110 loss to the Blazers.

The Sixers blew an 18-point lead and were outscored 42-25 in the fourth quarter, as Embiid couldn't do anything inside against Jusuf Nurkic, who played with five fouls for most of the fourth quarter. Embiid was fun to watch tonight, especially with his 3-point shooting, but the fact remains that he was outplayed by Nurkic in the second half. The Sixers play again on Friday night, so there's a decent chance that Embiid could sit that one out, so stay glued to the news feed today.

They play again Friday night?  On their off day?  Who are they playing, Stephon Marbury and the Beijing Fly Dragons?

not so much relevant to fantasy, although i guess it does as it may affect stats?

anyway, they were saying during last nights game that Embiid does not practice at all...with the team, jumpers etc...only gets practice during actual game play and only watches tape outside of games....is this real life? how does a team allow this to happen???

Really hope they rest Embiid on Wednesday, since most teams are playing on that day anyway. No need for him to get aggravate his hand injury.

6 hours ago, Jin said:

Really hope they rest Embiid on Wednesday, since most teams are playing on that day anyway. No need for him to get aggravate his hand injury.

I wasn't even aware he injured his hand.

6 hours ago, Jin said:

Well, they only play 2 games this week and 1 game next week so this is the time to give him that "Lebron vacation" and take a couple weeks off and only miss 3 games. I'm just annoyed with him right now because I bought tickets to the Sixers/Nuggets game (first NBA ticket purchase in a few years) and he rested. 

Kyle Neubeck
‏Joel Embiid is also doubtful for tomorrow’s game with a sprained right hand.

Just now, chud12 said:

Kyle Neubeck
‏Joel Embiid is also doubtful for tomorrow’s game with a sprained right hand.

How any1 would draft this dude in the first 2 or 3 rounds ever again is beyond me, he hasn't had a serious injury yet and will have missed a third of his games. 

His tag should just be questionable for every game ros.

On 1/1/2018 at 10:26 AM, LuSamSiam said:

I wasn't even aware he injured his hand.

When a guy has so many injuries you can't even follow them lol.

16 minutes ago, chud12 said:

His tag should just be questionable for every game ros.

Truth Sauce.

19 hours ago, boshtrich17 said:

Who’s the pickup for tomorrow’s rest game for Embiid? Holmes or Amir?

I hope you put him in your lineup! 4 blocks in the first!

I benched him after the initial reports.... I feel sick.

2 minutes ago, Jin said:

I benched him after the initial reports.... I feel sick.

This is a complete joke at this point. I live in Philly. The "process pre game" 94.1 WIP reported at 652 pm tonite he was out. 

My main man....told you this kid was going to be KAT-like.  

Through the first half of the season:

24 pts

11 rbs

3.5 ast

.6 stls

1.9 blks

.9 threes

49% FG

80% FT

So much fun to watch.

How do you guys feel about his ROS outlook in terms of resting? I read all that jazz about (possibly) lifting the back to back games, which is a huge factor on if I trade for him since he has two B2B games during playoffs, first week and second week.

He playing tonight or what?

Edit: he's playing 

Edited by Trifecta

All in just 23 minutes too due to a blowout. Hopefully that means he will be good to go tomorrow.