Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I've been halfway contemplating an Embiid + Richaun Holmes handcuff strategy ...Holmes is supposed to be good, with some similar strengths to Embiid (stocks, big man stats), and he's gotta be first up to fill any time that Embiid misses.  Not quite sure I'll do it though.

3 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I read you post and I basically still see red flags everywhere. Oden lasted 5 years. Embiid is at his third. Yeah he played less games but I can easily see how Embiid's legs may not be up to the rigors of playing consistently.

The post was in response to someone making an invalid comparison.

Not debating Embiid red flags, but it is shoddy to compare him to Oden at all. 

If you are trying to say their injury histories are comparable at this, that too, would be very misleading. 

Edited by MillenWasmyFavorite

I really wanna draft this beast but I'm worried with his injuries what happens. If he is there late 3rd round then I guess I'll have to pick him up

7 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

I really wanna draft this beast but I'm worried with his injuries what happens. If he is there late 3rd round then I guess I'll have to pick him up

I was opposed to drafting him but I'm slowing getting on board in the 3rd like you. Draft Holmes later and if Embiid stays healthy your laughing and if he doesn't Holmes can salvage the pick somewhat.

I've just finished an 12 team 8cat (daily changes, 6 starters and 1 IL)

Embiid was staring at me at round 5, pick 56. so I wen't for it. Also had 2 great bigs with AD and Gobert already. 

4 hours ago, granthill338 said:

I've just finished an 12 team 8cat (daily changes, 6 starters and 1 IL)

Embiid was staring at me at round 5, pick 56. so I wen't for it. Also had 2 great bigs with AD and Gobert already. 

Round 5? what? u serious? nice!

Hey Embiid fans!

I am love watching and rooting for the guy! But at this moment, i am torn because I lack dynasty experience. I have Embiid, Turner, and Gobert in my roster (plus 3 other top 40 players). The issue is that I don't know if the risk / reward is worth keeping embiid. Can anyone provide me with some insight that I may not be seeing??

4 keeper league, H2H

These are my two main choices:

Keep - Butler, Embiid, Turner, Lowry  and trade Gobert for a round 5 pick (which is the first round draft pick for us); or

Butler, Gobert, Turner, Lowry and forgo Embiid (maybe for a draft pick but i am unsure anyone would want to).

With Myles and Gobert, i have solidified the blocks and rebounds, but i may be putting myself in punt FT% territory (butler and lowry can help). 

With Myles and Embiid, I steal an extra pick in the 5fth round (12 players/ 10 team league). All three players are relatively young.

Help!!

1 hour ago, Sephiroth_98 said:

Hey Embiid fans!

I am love watching and rooting for the guy! But at this moment, i am torn because I lack dynasty experience. I have Embiid, Turner, and Gobert in my roster (plus 3 other top 40 players). The issue is that I don't know if the risk / reward is worth keeping embiid. Can anyone provide me with some insight that I may not be seeing??

4 keeper league, H2H

These are my two main choices:

Keep - Butler, Embiid, Turner, Lowry  and trade Gobert for a round 5 pick (which is the first round draft pick for us); or

Butler, Gobert, Turner, Lowry and forgo Embiid (maybe for a draft pick but i am unsure anyone would want to).

With Myles and Gobert, i have solidified the blocks and rebounds, but i may be putting myself in punt FT% territory (butler and lowry can help). 

With Myles and Embiid, I steal an extra pick in the 5fth round (12 players/ 10 team league). All three players are relatively young.

Help!!

fvz0kXv.jpg

• Like 1

I knew Philly's front court would get injured eventually, didn't think it would be the handcuff.

Richaun Holmes has been diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture in the radial bone of his left wrist.

This is awful timing with the regular season just 10 days away. The 76ers haven't provided a timetable, but Holmes will be re-evaluated in three weeks which rules him out for at least the first couple weeks of the season. If your league has an I.R. spot, it makes sense to stash Holmes as he was expected to be the backup center behind Joel Embiid before this injury. In the meantime, Jahlil Okafor will get a chance to showcase himself and Dario Saric and Amir Johnson may get a bump as well.

I don't think it changes things for Embiid, it's not like Embiid should play more minutes, but for owners with a Holmes handcuff I would probably try for Okafor if he's available.

1 minute ago, Jake the snake said:

tumblr_inline_o7f112bWD11sr9fer_500.gif

:lol: 

All aboard the train and couldn't feel worse about it. Feels like My season is hanging on him staying healthy after Using My 3rd round pick on him. But I could'nt let him slip further than 35

What's the outlook? The rehab seems to have gone Well but Will he rest on back to Backs this year too?

2 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

All aboard the train and couldn't feel worse about it. Feels like My season is hanging on him staying healthy after Using My 3rd round pick on him. But I could'nt let him slip further than 35

What's the outlook? The rehab seems to have gone Well but Will he rest on back to Backs this year too?

He did say he won't play all 82 games. I'm guessing they will limit him in back to backs. I want this guy too but not sure what to do come draft day

Embiid is on my watch list during my auction draft, regardless of injury concern, because he has AD like upside.  I expect him to be pampered, especially to begin the season but IF he shows he healthy, and plays 28-30 mpg, he'll be the leading scorer and absolutely stuff the stat sheets everywhere (including TO's unfortunately).  However, in a 12 team auction, if he breaks $32, then the risk becomes to extreme, and I'll modify my draft strategy for Blake Griffin.

If you haven't spent a LOT of time researching, and have years experience in Fantasy Basketball, I would not recommend drafting Embiid, though.  I may be over confident in my abilities, but I'm willing to hustle to fix my team if my $30 Embiid gets shut down.  Playing the Waiver Wire is more fun than the draft IMO, so I'm up for the challenge.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/917502978533330944?s=08

Have fun with this 

Philadelphia center Joel Embiid has agreed to a five-year, $148 million designated rookie scale max extension, league sources told ESPN.

Edited by Code of Hammurabi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/917502978533330944?s=08

Have fun with this 

Philadelphia center Joel Embiid has agreed to a five-year, $148 million designated rookie scale max extension, league sources told ESPN.

I thought 76ers was doing well with their team management. I am not sure about this lol.

• Haha 2

30 million a year, good for him.

I do not own Embiid anywhere because in all the leagues i'm in he was drafted 22-35 consistently and I never wanted to reach for him. With that being said, the sixers giving him this contract HAS to be because they think he will get over his injury woes or they are retarded. Wish I had this fella on some of my squads, I just personally have a good feeling about him this year.

• Haha 1

Wow, I get that philly has invested a lot in embiid and they want him to be their franchise cornerstone...but $30 mill per year for an injury-prone big man who’s literally played less than half a season over his entire career? 

If if this doesn’t work out it’ll probably be the worst contract in basketball history 

• Like 2

31 games. how many millions of dollars? yeah good for him getting that money.

• Like 1