Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

21 minutes ago, verismo said:

probable to play tomorrow, contract cured him i guess.

Won't slip past early 3rd now

I have knee problems too. I'm more than open to being paid $148M to have them cured if that's what I must do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 pts, 4 reb, 1 blk, 7/8 ft in first 7 minutes and made it look effortless

Edited by bjav4282
  • Like 1

is he going to stay healthy for a relatively good part of the season justifying his 3rd round x-rank right now?  Id rather someone else take a chance on him, I like dependable guys in the 1st 3 rounds

• Like 1

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

is he going to stay healthy for a relatively good part of the season justifying his 3rd round x-rank right now?  Id rather someone else take a chance on him, I like dependable guys in the 1st 3 rounds

no one knows, it's up to your own risk model. i'd pick him after pick 30 

• Like 1

This guy is going to be a beast in my league that  counts FGM and FTM. Got him with the 40th pick in my 10 team league, and thats looking like a steal right now. if this guy puts up 60-70 games he becomes the #1 fantasy player.

• Like 1

I'll take the best big man in the NBA (that's right) in the third round even if he misses 20 games. Embiid is completely unguardable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I grabbed him rnd 3 pick 3 in a 14 team h2h so pick 31. I got a auction tonight that had no intentions of owning him but I am now re thinking that. Seeing how it's a auction tonight and sorry if it's a little AC like but who would be some good players to pair with him if I do take the plunge.

Edited by turner46
adding round

He was picked #20 overall in my yahoo pro league yesterday, I think he might end up top 15 from now til season opener 

• Like 1

I do not own Embiid but noticed the coach keeps taking him out every 3-4 minutes? His hips look stiff af too, I highly doubt he plays 70games. I'll peg him at 40 games.

• Haha 1

We know what this guy can produce if he is on the court. I hope he can put his past  injuries behind him but realistically if we were to make an over/under Vegas line on:

1) Total Games played this season?

2) Minutes per game? 

History and Projections

Games: He played 31 last year and projected at 62 games

Minutes: He played 25 minutes/game last year and projected at 29 minutes.

My take

I think he will start off at 20-25 minutes and go from there. 62 games seems to assume only missing games due to rest, back to backs, etc.

Edited by jrb724

If he plays 41 games and produces 40pts 20rebounds 5a 2stls 4blks 2triples averages would that be better?

Edited by THE_MAGIC_MAN

I just can’t draft this guy in H2H leagues. Between the rest days and minutes limit and various injuries that he prob will have he is going to hurt you more than help. 

2 hours ago, jrb724 said:

We know what this guy can produce if he is on the court. I hope he can put his past  injuries behind him but realistically if we were to make an over/under Vegas line on:

1) Total Games played this season?

2) Minutes per game? 

History and Projections

Games: He played 31 last year and projected at 62 games

Minutes: He played 25 minutes/game last year and projected at 29 minutes.

My take

I think he will start off at 20-25 minutes and go from there. 62 games seems to assume only missing games due to rest, back to backs, etc.

that kind of output/production is NOT worth the 3rd round.  Maybe 4th or 5th

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turner46 said:

I grabbed him rnd 3 pick 3 in a 14 team h2h so pick 31. I got a auction tonight that had no intentions of owning him but I am now re thinking that. Seeing how it's a auction tonight and sorry if it's a little AC like but who would be some good players to pair with him if I do take the plunge.

31st overall on Sunday in my $100 14 man league, like I said no intentions in my $200 auction but the nonsense of his preseason debut and I spent $36, didn't regret it then but do now:angry:. I'm likely only in 2 leagues this year and now 100% invested, I guess I got to trust the process... or find a 3rd league and stay away from him.

1 minute ago, turner46 said:

31st overall on Sunday in my $100 14 man league, like I said no intentions in my $200 auction but the nonsense of his preseason debut and I spent $36, didn't regret it then but do now:angry:. I'm likely only in 2 leagues this year and now 100% invested, I guess I got to trust the process... or find a 3rd league and stay away from him.

I don't know how some of you all do it. Auction has to be the most infuriating setting ever.