Cheese Sandwich

Case Keenum 2017 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

If college skill translated to professional skill, we'd have 2-3 star quarterbacks a year coming into the NFL.

Instead we're lucky if we get 1 every 3 years. We got lucky last year with Goff and Wentz looking like real things. But before that?

2017: Watson is the only decent looking one so far, but it's much too early to say

2016: Goff, Wentz (maybe Dak? I think he's overrated thus far and we'll really see this year going forward without Zeke for him to lean on)

2015: None (I don't consider Winston or Mariota potential stars)

2014: Carr I guess? Jury's still out.

2013: None

2012: Luck, Wilson, Cousins (actually a decent year)

2011: Newton

2010: None

You get my point.

You have Goff already labeled as a star but you don't know about Carr and Teddy? lol

Teddy wasn’t anything special before the injury.  You’d think Fran Tarkenton was waiting in the wings to lace up the cleats again.  That said if my Vikings want to be dumb and bench Case the Cannon, there’s a home game vs the Rams then a big game on thanksgiving at Detroit.  That’s followed by @ Atlanta and @ Carolina.  Then it’s the final stretch of the season.  Seems like the game to do it would be Atlanta.  If it doesn’t happen then, teddy two gloves ship probably has sailed this season barring injury.

1 hour ago, Halberdier said:

I just look at both of their stats, Teddy's stats at any point have not been as good as Keenum this year. Aside from the 'franchise' investment, I can't see any way it makes sense to plug Teddy in. 

How about in the Disney movie sense?  He comes back from a devastating injury to lead them to the Super Bowl!  Sell movie rights! Live happily ever after!

The LAR game will be the game the break him. I feel he has gotten by the past couple games vs garbage pass D's and this will be the week he crashes. I predict Ted Man will be in mid way through the 3rd QT after Keenum just cannot get anything going.

Do I want this to happen, not at all but I feel this is where is is heading and what better week than this week......

Edited by CraftyRighty

As a Broncos fan, I would gladly take this guy as my starting QB. even the consideration of benching him right now is monumentally stupid. Zimmer will probably wise up and keep rolling with the hot hand

inb4 muh tunnel vision muh stefon diggs

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Really bummed I picked up Tyrod over this guy. Don't think I'll get him next week in waivers.

My thoughts exactly. Im starting Tyrod this week. Should have picked up and started Keenum. 

35 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

My thoughts exactly. Im starting Tyrod this week. Should have picked up and started Keenum. 

Played Keenum today, have Tyrod on my bench for the playoffs.  Their schedules mesh pretty well ROS

My only regret is I doubt my Diggs ever gets in on a score with him throwing. He has learned to throw safe passes so as not to get interceptions. Throwing farther downfield is riskier for health too. 

14 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

My only regret is I doubt my Diggs ever gets in on a score with him throwing. He has learned to throw safe passes so as not to get interceptions. Throwing farther downfield is riskier for health too. 

He did throw one deep ball to Diggs but slightly underthrew him and it was incomplete (looked like pass interference).

19 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Diggs also draws opposing team's top CB's most of the time, leaving Thielen drawing weaker parts of the secondard.

3 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

He’s thrown to Thielen downfield. Just saying...

9 hours ago, Dalton Gang said:

So mad I decided to play Tyrod instead of him. Tyrod better have a good game. Probably will be rolling with Case next week.

I hear you.  I benched him for Alex Smith this week.  Thinking I end up regretting that.

Cant feel comfortable with him as my QB2. They cant wait to play Teddy

Case Keenum - QB - Vikings

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer wouldn’t commit to Case Keenum as his starter beyond next week.

Keenum has played good enough to not be benched, but remains on a short leash. Despite seven straight wins, he’s a bad week away from returning to a backup role. The Vikings view Teddy Bridgewater as their franchise quarterback and need to see Bridgewater post knee-surgery in a walk year. Keenum will start against the Falcons, but his job security is week-to-week.
Related: Teddy Bridgewater

Nov 24 - 6:57 PM

This guy defies the odds. He's a gamer. Funny how his coach can't wait to bring in Teddy, who IMO isn't any better. 

Good for him though. Hope he catches on somewhere else where he'll be appreciated and get a cushy back up contract a la Brian Hoyer.

1 minute ago, RxD said:

This guy defies the odds. He's a gamer. Funny how his coach can't wait to bring in Teddy, who IMO isn't any better. 

Good for him though. Hope he catches on somewhere else where he'll be appreciated and get a cushy back up contract a la Brian Hoyer.

Yeah its not really fair given how well this guy has played lately but I guess Bridgewater is the younger, sexier option that has the 1st round pedigree, was supposed to be the franchise QB and the "unknown" factor of what he could be in an offense that seems quite improved from when Bridgewater was the starter is somewhat tantalizing especially since Keenum doesn't jump off the film (although he has been effective).

Minimally he has gone from what the 3rd string QB to start the season to a guy who has proven to be a competent starter who won't lose you games and lately has shown he can even win them for you. He has earned himself a lot of money regardless of how the rest of the season works out (Keenum, Bridgewater and Bradford are all FA after this season). 

Fantasy wise though its difficult to love him which I guess is kinda similar to what the Vikings front office is feeling although they obviously have control whether he plays or not which is one of the biggest negatives to his fantasy value so maybe not greatest parallel. 

I think Keenum is a viable qb1 for the remainder of the season, or until the vikings lock up the north. I expect Teddy to play a game or 2 if at all possible. 

Zimmer has made it clear Keenum is keeping the job, and at this point the vikings need to consider bringing him back on a two or three year deal.

Im guessing he will get some huge f.a offers from teams like the jags, cardinals, and possibly the broncos (but i dont see him fitting in). He is more than capable of starting for a franchise next season. 

For now. He starts over at least 50% of the league in Fantasy Lineups. He is playing for his life out there. Start your studs

On 11/23/2017 at 4:14 PM, TheINC said:

Diggs also draws opposing team's top CB's most of the time, leaving Thielen drawing weaker parts of the secondard.

That shouldn't matter if the WR is really that good, thats a myth. Would anyone rather own JuJu than AB because AB draws the best CB from the other team? Rather own Sanu than AJ? How about Parker over Landry? I own Parker and watch Landry constantly outscore him. Thielen is just the better WR. 

Edited by Dexter75

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

That shouldn't matter if the WR is really that good, thats a myth. Would anyone rather own JuJu than AB because AB draws the best CB from the other team? Rather own Sanu than AJ? How about Parker over Landry? I own Parker and watch Landry constantly outscore him. Thielen is just the better WR. 

Amen.