Cheese Sandwich

Case Keenum 2017 Season Outlook

23 hours ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

Trufant has just been ruled out for Sundays game.

Crickets in here. 

This dude has two great receivers to work with and a red zone target in Ruddolph. He has 4 straight games of more than 17.5 fantasy points. He's scored decent in recent games where the gameflow would have suggested a dud. Against the Falcons, the script looks great. On the road in ATL without their #1 corner. 

I am thinking he is good for about 250 yards and 2 TD's. Thats 18 fantasy points. If this game has fireworks in the 4th quarter....could be north of 20 points...creating pretty good upside.  Trufant out....should elevate his floor too. 

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

Crickets in here. 

This dude has two great receivers to work with and a red zone target in Ruddolph. He has 4 straight games of more than 17.5 fantasy points. He's scored decent in recent games where the gameflow would have suggested a dud. Against the Falcons, the script looks great. On the road in ATL without their #1 corner. 

I am thinking he is good for about 250 yards and 2 TD's. Thats 18 fantasy points. If this game has fireworks in the 4th quarter....could be north of 20 points...creating pretty good upside.  Trufant out....should elevate his floor too. 

ATL has been good against QBs despite being a mediocre DEF overall his year so that's optimistic but doable.  Keenum has that Nick Foles 2013 vibe about him this year and hopefully he can avoid turning into a pumpkin for at least one more week.  Whatever magic Alex Smith was pulling at the beginning of the year to be so good seems to have transferred over to Keenum the last few weeks. 

19 hours ago, jumper said:

ATL has been good against QBs despite being a mediocre DEF overall his year so that's optimistic but doable.  Keenum has that Nick Foles 2013 vibe about him this year and hopefully he can avoid turning into a pumpkin for at least one more week.  Whatever magic Alex Smith was pulling at the beginning of the year to be so good seems to have transferred over to Keenum the last few weeks. 

ATL banged up they will be without Poole and Trufant. Really thinking about plugging him in

Would  anyone consider him over Brees? Man I never thought I'd ask that but Brees isn't really getting those 30 pointers this year. 

Strange what a solid offensive line can do for you..he was garbage on bad teams with bad offensive lines.  The Vikings somehow shored up their line this offseason and Keenum looks like a real NFL QB now.

9 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Strange what a solid offensive line can do for you..he was garbage on bad teams with bad offensive lines.  The Vikings somehow shored up their line this offseason and Keenum looks like a real NFL QB now.

If you go to the Diggs thread they say Keenum sucks.

25 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

If you go to the Diggs thread they say Keenum sucks.

People in the Diggs thread are just salty about drafting the wrong Vikings receiver.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:58 AM, Savatage79 said:

Would  anyone consider him over Brees? Man I never thought I'd ask that but Brees isn't really getting those 30 pointers this year. 

I dropped Brees a week ago and started Keenum this week. Brees is an after-thought in the Saints offense, just along for the ride: Keenum is an integral part of the Vikings. Even though he only scored 18 points this week, I feel pretty good about it. It was a solid performance and he threw some really nice deep balls, but the Falcons played very good man-to-man defense. 

Edited by gimme the ball

19 minutes ago, Fearfulways said:

Thoughts against Panthers? Not much better on the waivers and he has been performing for me. I just need a 15 point solid floor hopefully.

Posted this in the  "Best in the NFC" thread but will excerpt here again. 

Using statistical analysis of QB performance using the past 5 games for comparison then Keenum is a pretty safe choice to get your 15 points.  He's averaging 24.8 compared to perceived peers like Bortles (19), Smith (20.4), and McCown (23.2).  is variance is also lower so his floor/ceiling are higher than the other guys except Smith's ceiling.  Two standard deviations range (should include 95% of observations) for the same gang is:   

Bortles: 13.185 - 24.184

McCown:  16.455 - 29.944

Smith:  7.58 - 33.21

Keenum:  19.38 - 30.217

Thus 15 point floor should be well within reach.  Not saying a lower score can't happen but the stats are on your side. 

I wonder how much better Case Keenum is than Josh McCown this week.  I have Case but McCown is floating around the waivers?  Is everyone starting Case this week in here?

8 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

The amount of silence in this thread makes me nervous starting him this week.  Does anyone else feel the same way?

McCown went in there and lit those Panthers the f- up ... gimme this kid Case chucking to superior talent ??

just gotta hope Cam & co keep it somewhat interesting. 

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

McCown went in there and lit those Panthers the f- up ... gimme this kid Case chucking to superior talent ??

just gotta hope Cam & co keep it somewhat interesting. 

Good point. I feel a little more confident with starting him now.

11 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

The amount of silence in this thread makes me nervous starting him this week.  Does anyone else feel the same way?

More confident in him than Cam or Cousins unfortunately for myself.

I think starting Keenum depends on what you need. If you're going against a superior team and need all the points you can get, probably not the best bet for a monster game. If you need a guaranteed 15 points, Case is your guy. 

Keenum’s matchup may not be quite as imposing as it appears; seven of the last ten quarterbacks to face Carolina posted top-15 results, and three of the last four (Josh McCownJay CutlerMatt Ryan) threw for multiple scores.

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

What's the status on his o-line? At least 3, maybe 4 of the starters got injured so it could be a bad situation if they can't play this weekend. 

16 hours ago, datsyuk said:

What's the status on his o-line? At least 3, maybe 4 of the starters got injured so it could be a bad situation if they can't play this weekend. 

I can't find much but this would be nice to know. Might be the difference between starting Case or Bortles.